Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Nutters in the United States - Obama's Birth Certificate

[ 43 posts ] 
Nutters in the United States - Obama's Birth Certificate
ImprobableJoeLime TordUser avatarPosts: 6195Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:24 pm

Post Re: Nutters in the United States - Obama's Birth Certificate

Gnomesmusher wrote:Here's a new twist to this whole birther thing. The GOP pundits who are trying so hard to distance themselves from the birther nuts have their own conspiracy theory: The Democrats orchestrated the whole thing to make them look crazy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AplHq1M ... annel_page

The Republican Party of No is also the Party of No Responsibility. What a surprise.
Come visit my blog! There will be punch and pie!
Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:11 pm
GnomesmusherPosts: 372Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:15 pm

Oh man, I could go on and on about the GOP... But I don't have to, their antics are enough to shoot themselves in the foot.
Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:22 pm
JacobEvansUser avatarPosts: 626Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:01 am

ImprobableJoe wrote:What do you mean?

You seem to be good at digging up a lot of facts of subjects like these, I'm curious, where do you go for news or current events information?
Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:08 am

JacobEvans wrote:
You seem to be good at digging up a lot of facts of subjects like these, I'm curious, where do you go for news or current events information?

I get a ton of news sites and current events, politics, and science blog RSS feeds on Google Reader. I read/skim probably 500 articles and blogs a day.

What gets aggravating is when one of these threads comes up, I know I've read something useful, I know I'm right... and I can't figure out where the fuck I got the information from in the first place. Frustrating as all hell! :evil:
Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:19 am

Just as an update:

The "Kenyan" birth certificate isAustralian?!?!?!

Really?!?!?!?!
Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:28 am
TheTruePookaLeague LegendUser avatarPosts: 85Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:11 pmLocation: Manhattan Gender: Male

For those interested;

Orly Taitz filed the court papers, and the judge promptly rejected the case as a baseless joke.

He also ordered that she pay any costs the President may have incurred.

Which is just awesome.

I hope they hit her with a huge legal bill. :->
He stripped off his clothes and swam out to the shipwreck. Once there, he filled his pockets with biscuits and swam back.

Paraphrase from Robinson Crusoe.

Moments in literature; even the greatest fiction writers sometimes screw up!
Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:49 pm
IBSpifyUser avatarPosts: 456Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:06 am Gender: Pinecone

TheTruePooka wrote:For those interested;

Orly Taitz filed the court papers, and the judge promptly rejected the case as a baseless joke.

Which is just awesome.

Not only that but the judge told them that if they bring this back to court without any evidence they will be sanctioned (IE if they come back there will be hell to pay)
Contrary to popular belief, full-immersion holographic sex will not destroy society.

Full-immersion holographic sex achievement points will destroy society
Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:02 pm

TheTruePooka wrote:For those interested;

Which is just awesome.

She's also got two weeks to explain why she shouldn't pay the court a $10,000 fine for contempt of court and filing frivolous lawsuits. In the meanwhile, her client has also filed a complaint with the court, saying that she accepts the earlier ruling and has nothing to do with Oily Taint's continued action on the issue. There is a third complaint, involving her public accusations that the judge in the case is a traitor and part of a criminal conspiracy against her.

And, in case anyone is interested, Taint's legal reasoning is complete nonsense. She's claiming that military personnel don't have to follow deployment orders if Obama doesn't produce a satisfactory birth certificate. In reality, whether the President was born in Hawaii, Kenya, Indonesia, the Moon, inside the sun, one million years ago, or was hatched from a giant egg in an alternate universe... if you get deployment orders, they are valid no matter who is president, because the authority of your direct superiors has nothing to do with the status of the president. By Taint's pseudo-reasoning, during the time between JFK's assassination and when LBJ was sworn in, there was no valid sitting president, and therefore no one in the military had to follow any orders.

This is what you get when you allow people to sit for the Bar exam based on a mail-order law degree.
Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:03 pm
JacobEvansUser avatarPosts: 626Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:01 am

ImprobableJoe wrote:or was hatched from a giant egg in an alternate universe

That, by sheer awesomeness, should be enough to make you eligible for the presidency.
Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:13 pm
jrparriUser avatarPosts: 120Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:25 amLocation: Chicago, Illinois Gender: Cake

Orly Taint's persecution is just further proof that she has rattled some cages! She's got em on the run now, boy howdy. They can't produce a birth certificate, so they'll just use the court system to shut down the only Dentist/Lawyer/Dance Instructor (or whatever) who has the brass balls to stand up to the Vast Liberal Atheist Time-Traveling Kenyan (for some reason) Conspiracy to destroy 'MURiKA!

Of course, if you said the above paragraph with a matter-of-fact attitude on FOX, with your ditzy co-host nodding knowingly beside you, 99% of the FOX viewing audience would believe it. :facepalm:
$s=$ARGV[0];$l=length $s;@a=pack "B$l",$s;print "@a\n"
0100101001110101011100110111010000100000011000010110111001101111011101000110100001100101011100100010

"Dude, you aren't qualified to make such pronouncements." ... srsly.

0000010100000110010101110010011011000010000001101000011000010110001101101011011001010111001000101100
Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:38 pm

jrparri wrote:Orly Taint's persecution is just further proof that she has rattled some cages! She's got em on the run now, boy howdy. They can't produce a birth certificate, so they'll just use the court system to shut down the only Dentist/Lawyer/Dance Instructor (or whatever) who has the brass balls to stand up to the Vast Liberal Atheist Time-Traveling Kenyan (for some reason) Conspiracy to destroy 'MURiKA!

Of course, if you said the above paragraph with a matter-of-fact attitude on FOX, with your ditzy co-host nodding knowingly beside you, 99% of the FOX viewing audience would believe it. :facepalm:

But we're supposed to respect their views, and our government should be "bipartisan" which means we need to temper every sane and centrist idea from the Democrats with something stupid, insane, and right-wing batshit from the Republicans. 8-)
Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:18 pm
DeistPaladinUser avatarPosts: 337Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:35 pmLocation: Louisville, KY USA

ImprobableJoe wrote:But we're supposed to respect their views, and our government should be "bipartisan" which means we need to temper every sane and centrist idea from the Democrats with something stupid, insane, and right-wing batshit from the Republicans. 8-)

No matter how badly they lose an election or how much of a minority they are in Congress.

After all, it wouldn't be democratic to exclude a party's input just because they lost an election.

For those outside America, you may be confused by this but just understand that this is how our traditional form of government has always worked ...since 2008.
"The (only) Word of God is the Creation we behold"
- Thomas Paine

http://www.godvsthebible.com
Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:09 pm

DeistPaladin wrote:
No matter how badly they lose an election or how much of a minority they are in Congress.

After all, it wouldn't be democratic to exclude a party's input just because they lost an election.

For those outside America, you may be confused by this but just understand that this is how our traditional form of government has always worked ...since 2008.

Oh, don't forget that it worked that way from 1993 through 2001. As soon as Bush was sworn in, the Democrats were required to shut the fuck up and let the Republicans get their way. As soon as Obama was sworn in... the Democrats were ALSO supposed to shut the fuck up and let the Republicans get their way.

That's why Republicans often say "we live in a Republic, not a Democracy"... because they only accept the results of elections when they win.(or steal them.)
Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:46 pm
FingerUser avatarPosts: 354Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:13 amLocation: California

DeistPaladin wrote:After all, it wouldn't be democratic to exclude a party's input just because they lost an election.

Actually, that is democratic, just not by our common definition of that word. It's ironic that the ones with "republican" values (in the classical sense) tend to be democrats while the ones with "democratic" values (in the classical sense) tend to be republicans. That's largely because the parties aren't about democracy or republicanism anymore, they're about liberalism and conservatism.
Artist for Red Oasis
Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:48 pm

Finger wrote:That's largely because the parties aren't about democracy or republicanism anymore, they're about liberalism and conservatism.

Actually, in real life they're about conservatism and batshit crazyism. The Democrats are conservative, and the Republicans are right-wing radicals. There's really no liberalism in the federal government anymore... if there ever was.
Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:51 pm
NiocanBannedUser avatarPosts: 769Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:57 amLocation: Winnipeg, Manitoba Gender: Male

ImprobableJoe wrote:That's why Republicans often say "we live in a Republic, not a Democracy"... because they only accept the results of elections when they win.(or steal them.)

I'm Canadian and I know that the US was founded on a republic and not democratic system of government.. They're very different, and the former is much better then the latter because democracies are (without constant check by the people) basically "soft" dictatorships.

In regards to the birth certificate it's a ploy by the media to discredit those who blog about important events. They're just a company trying to protect their interests like any other you know...
Know, O man, that Light is thine heritage. Know that darkness is only a veil. Sealed in thine heart is brightness eternal, waiting the moment of freedom to conquer, waiting to rend the veil of the night. --Thoth
Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:12 am
DeistPaladinUser avatarPosts: 337Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:35 pmLocation: Louisville, KY USA

Finger wrote:
DeistPaladin wrote:After all, it wouldn't be democratic to exclude a party's input just because they lost an election.

Actually, that is democratic, just not by our common definition of that word. It's ironic that the ones with "republican" values (in the classical sense) tend to be democrats while the ones with "democratic" values (in the classical sense) tend to be republicans. That's largely because the parties aren't about democracy or republicanism anymore, they're about liberalism and conservatism.

Sorry I forgot to include [sarcasm/] before the post and [/sarcasm] after the post.

I was building on ImprobableJoe's sarcasm.

Voice inflection is lost in this medium of communication.
"The (only) Word of God is the Creation we behold"
- Thomas Paine

http://www.godvsthebible.com
Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:18 am
MarcusUser avatarPosts: 284Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:26 pmLocation: NW England

ImprobableJoe wrote:Actually, in real life they're about conservatism and batshit crazyism. The Democrats are conservative, and the Republicans are right-wing radicals. There's really no liberalism in the federal government anymore... if there ever was.

As I'll never tire of saying, Americans have a choice of two political parties, the Far Right and the Further Right.
"Anyone who cannot cope with mathematics is not fully human. At best he is a tolerable subhuman who has learned to wear shoes, bathe, and not make messes in the house." - Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:39 am
australopithecusAdministratorUser avatarPosts: 4287Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:27 pmLocation: Kernow Gender: Time Lord

So apparently, Obama is Kenyan after all...

:facepalm:

http://www.infowars.com/ap-declared-obama-kenyan-born/
Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:45 pm

australopithecus wrote:So apparently, Obama is Kenyan after all...

:facepalm:

http://www.infowars.com/ap-declared-obama-kenyan-born/

Yeah, because that's the final arbiter of whether someone is a citizen or not.
Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:26 pm
PreviousNext
 [ 43 posts ] 
Return to Conspiracy Theories