Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

In Respose to the Moon Hoaxers

[ 20 posts ] 
In Respose to the Moon Hoaxers
scikidusLeague LegendUser avatarPosts: 159Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:20 amLocation: Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy Gender: Male

Post In Respose to the Moon Hoaxers

"The universe is a figment of its own imagination" -Douglas Adams

"Comparing science and religion isn't like comparing apples and oranges - it's more like apples and sewing machines." -Jack Horner

Omnes tua castra sunt habent nobis!
Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:16 pm
DontHurtTheIntersectUser avatarPosts: 146Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:16 pmLocation: U.S.A

Post Re: In Respose to the Moon Hoaxers

LOL, people who can read :D
"well if I don't get to take surveys or sell my body, it's a deal breaker"

DietBroccoli
Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:26 am
P3t4rdUser avatarPosts: 67Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:52 pm

Hehehe, I'm saving that :D
Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:17 am
ImprobableJoeLime TordUser avatarPosts: 6195Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:24 pm

Isn't that the way ALL conspiracies work? :D
Come visit my blog! There will be punch and pie!
Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:33 pm
AndromedasWakeAdministratorUser avatarPosts: 598Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:38 pmLocation: Captain's Chair, League HQ Gender: Cake

It's great that over 400,000 people involved in Apollo have been able to keep it secret this long :lol:
ImageImage
(( "We are 'star-stuff'. We are a way for the cosmos to know itself." - Carl Sagan | Music! | Twitter - [ AndromedasWake | SiriusStargazer ] ))
Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:02 pm
MercUser avatarPosts: 43Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:59 amLocation: USA

I bet the cats believe a super secret moon base was set up under the ground to spy on us all! :shock:
Cry "science" and let loose the army of reason!
Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:05 pm
expert5490Posts: 7Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:43 pmLocation: England

the reason that people may still belive this is because it's not as crazy as some of the other theories , it is completely wrong and has no evidense but compared to some of the other conspiracy theories they get much stupider
Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:21 am
ScorvPosts: 3Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:31 pm

AndromedasWake wrote:It's great that over 400,000 people involved in Apollo have been able to keep it secret this long :lol:

Phff... 400,000 pales in comparison to the amount of biologists keeping their secret. :)
Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:02 pm
QuindarUser avatarPosts: 15Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:34 pmLocation: Austin, Texas Gender: Male

This is fantastic! I've worked for NASA and ESA for the last 10 years. If you don't mind, I intend to share this with some of my colleagues.
Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:02 pm
scikidusLeague LegendUser avatarPosts: 159Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:20 amLocation: Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy Gender: Male

Quindar wrote:This is fantastic! I've worked for NASA and ESA for the last 10 years. If you don't mind, I intend to share this with some of my colleagues.

You are assuming that I posted content on the internet which was my own. Don't.

Share it with whomever you please. :D
"The universe is a figment of its own imagination" -Douglas Adams

"Comparing science and religion isn't like comparing apples and oranges - it's more like apples and sewing machines." -Jack Horner

Omnes tua castra sunt habent nobis!
Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:22 pm
Mantis atheosaUser avatarPosts: 10Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:10 pm

:mrgreen:

Mankind shall not be free until the last king is strangled in the entrails of the last priest.
-- Denis Diderot
Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:14 am
completelybonkersUser avatarPosts: 18Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:39 amLocation: The Baltics

expert5490 wrote:the reason that people may still belive this is because it's not as crazy as some of the other theories , it is completely wrong and has no evidense but compared to some of the other conspiracy theories they get much stupider

On first glance yes. Certainly the governments were under alot of pressure during the Cold war.
But when you start to think about the vastness of the whole Apollo project and how difficult it would be to keep such a secret hidden, plus all the video and photographic evidence, well I'd call it one of the craziest.
Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:50 am
scalyblueUser avatarPosts: 1417Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:02 am

This Just In:
Neil Armstrong has OFFICIALLY been convinced that the moon landing was faked. Praise the Lord,® for bringing him to Truth
我が力 我が身となりて
共に滅びの道を歩まん
神々の魂すらも打ち砕き
Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:15 am
completelybonkersUser avatarPosts: 18Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:39 amLocation: The Baltics

scalyblue wrote:This Just In:
Neil Armstrong has OFFICIALLY been convinced that the moon landing was faked. Praise the Lord,® for bringing him to Truth

Gotta love the Onion. :D
Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:27 am
CnidariousUser avatarPosts: 96Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:28 amLocation: Deep fore, 500 Feet Below the surface.

Can`t wait for when NASA returns with the Altair.

I wonder if they will get images of the Original landing site?
Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:28 am
JazzRocPosts: 1Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:51 pmLocation: El Medano, Tenerife

The Lunar Lander take-off from the Moon's surface (filmed by a tripod-mounted small tracking videocam left on the Moon) demonstrates:

1) TOTAL VACUUM - torn pieces of Astrafoil fly away at exhaust velocity speeds without slowing. Dust does the same without forming "clouds". The whole process is silent, even from within the cabin. The only noise would have been that which was mechanically conducted from the motor mounting to the cabin floor.

2) VERY LOW GRAVITY - the trajectories of foil and dust are nearly straight-line. Almost no material strikes the surface within the frame. This would not happen on Earth.

If one were to argue that it could have been a visual simulation carried out by image-processing labs (in the manner of Kubrick's "2001") then one wouldn't know the history very well.

Neither the hardware nor the software for that computer synthesis existed at that time. Science Fiction films "pasted up" imagery and certainly couldn't handle complex interactive physical dynamics. Also SF films are famous for their failure to understand physics - a tradition continued to the present day. NO-ONE in the film industry could have predicted and synthesized this take-off.

Another way of putting this is that the cheapest way of obtaining such a convincing image would have been to build Saturn-Apollo - and fly it to the Moon.

Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:44 am
coughlan666Posts: 16Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 11:56 pm

Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:07 pm
scalyblueUser avatarPosts: 1417Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:02 am

What's funny is that anybody with a sufficiently powered laser can verify that we put a reflector on the moon's surface.
我が力 我が身となりて
共に滅びの道を歩まん
神々の魂すらも打ち砕き
Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:08 pm
Raistlin MajerePosts: 228Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:58 pm

scalyblue wrote:What's funny is that anybody with a sufficiently powered laser can verify that we put a reflector on the moon's surface.

Didn't anyone tell you? It was obviously launched there by a satellite for the exact reason that anyone with a laser could then "verify" we put one there... :lol:
Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:26 pm
FingerUser avatarPosts: 354Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:13 amLocation: California

If you persist in arguing with a moon hoaxer, you will eventually reach a point where the conspiracy theory involves an incredibly elaborate system of remote-controlled spaceships which essentially perform every single operation necessary to to take three astronauts to the moon and bring them home safely. But of course there couldn't have been any astronauts actually in the spacecrafts piloting them. That would just be silly.
Artist for Red Oasis
Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:32 pm
 [ 20 posts ] 
Return to Conspiracy Theories