Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

earthquake Haiti was caused by tectonic weapon

[ 42 posts ] 
earthquake Haiti was caused by tectonic weapon
OzymandyusUser avatarPosts: 986Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:02 pm

Post Re: earthquake Haiti was caused by tectonic weapon

Very nice post Finger - agree.

Anyway, your question is indeed misleading, but is made even Worse by the place you asked it, this thread, and the implications you are making. Somehow the U.S. CAUSED the earthquake JUST SO they could hang around in some other country. It is a completely crazy question that is very much Akin to me asking: Does MRavez take small children into his bedroom and play adult games? I presume you would not like me asking that question to the people around you, and you can see how it might make you angry...

Anyway, its not important, I don't hold you any ill will for it really - just makes me sad to see people believe all kinds of crazy conspiracies.
And in an instant all progress towards the sublime, the great and enduring in man fell away and became a monkey's trick.
Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:40 am
MRaverzPosts: 1838Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:00 am Gender: Pinecone

Post Re: earthquake Haiti was caused by tectonic weapon

Finger wrote:Comparing your reasoning to that of Fox News is not a strawman argument. I suggest you look up what the term actually means.

MRaverz wrote:Since when was asking a question a bad thing to do?
When the question is posed with the apparent intent of rhetorically implying an answer, and when the question is dependent upon unsubstantiated assertions. Like if Fox News plastered "Is global warming a fraud like Evolution?" on the screen. It's just a question, right? How can asking a question be bad? Well, first of all, the main question itself already contains the intended answer. "Is global warming a fraud?" implies that global warming is a fraud, even if it doesn't actually say it. Courts disallow questions like that because they can be used to lead the witness (that's why you have to ask "Where were you that night?" Instead of "Were you in your home that night?") But when you ask, "Will the US hang around for too long in a similar fashion to Iraq?" you are not only implying an answer (even if that implication is unintentional,) but you're also making an assertion that you do not substantiate. As though the US's "lengthy" presence in Iraq were incontestable common knowledge. Sure, you attempted to substantiate it later, but not without derailing this thread. That's why I asked you to find a more relevant example, suggesting you look into previous humanitarian operations by the US armed forces and compare them to Haiti.

This isn't getting anywhere, I attempt to bring the conversation to a conclusion because we've done completely off track from the thread and you bring up more topics.

No more replies from me.
Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:39 am
Previous
 [ 42 posts ] 
Return to Conspiracy Theories