Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

The Psychology of Conspiracists

[ 24 posts ] 
The Psychology of Conspiracists
NiocanBannedUser avatarPosts: 769Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:57 amLocation: Winnipeg, Manitoba Gender: Male

Post Re: The Psychology of Conspiracists

Path of least *resistance*, though I didn't think I'd have to link that to you when we're discussing engineering principles. <3
Know, O man, that Light is thine heritage. Know that darkness is only a veil. Sealed in thine heart is brightness eternal, waiting the moment of freedom to conquer, waiting to rend the veil of the night. --Thoth
Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:13 am
FingerUser avatarPosts: 354Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:13 amLocation: California

f) ostriching - after failing to defend his position from scrutiny, the conspiracy theorist will ignore all points made against his argument (instead of contending or conceding them) and simply change the subject. This practice allows the conspiracy theorist to pretend his position was never successfully criticized, giving him licence to bring up the same failed argument later.
Artist for Red Oasis
Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:10 am
scalyblueUser avatarPosts: 1417Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:02 am

I thought projection was a jungian concept.
我が力 我が身となりて
共に滅びの道を歩まん
神々の魂すらも打ち砕き
Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:51 pm
FingerUser avatarPosts: 354Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:13 amLocation: California

Don't know. Junge does talk about it, but wikipedia describes it as a Freudian concept.
Artist for Red Oasis
Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:43 pm
Previous
 [ 24 posts ] 
Return to Conspiracy Theories