where else can you find us?

The League of Reason still has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

NASA scientist

[ 5 posts ] 
NASA scientist
boishakhiNew MemberPosts: 1Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:48 am Gender: Female

Post NASA scientist

Why hasn't NASA scientist Dr. James Hansen Been Fired or Arrested? If anthropogenic Global Warming is false, and there is a conspiracy by scientists to falsify data, with intent to defraud and enslave the population, why haven't the scientists who have comitted these crimes been brought to trial? Dr. James Hansen must be one of the leaders of the conspiracy. He works for NASA, which is under the control of the Executive Branch of the United States Government, and is subject to management by executive order of the President of the United States. The President of the United States has certainly not been an enthusiastic supporter of the idea of AGW. Why hasn't he taken effective action to deal with the conspiracy? Why hasn't the FBI been called in to investigate, as in past cases of fraudulent use of government research funds?
Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:01 am
Master_Ghost_KnightContributorUser avatarPosts: 2630Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:57 pmLocation: Netherlands Gender: Male

Post Re: NASA scientist

Because they have all been baught by the ivil oil companies? :shock:
"I have an irrefutable argument for the existence of...." NO, STOP! You are already wrong!
Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:52 pm
ArthurWilbornPosts: 964Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:46 pm

boishakhi wrote:If anthropogenic Global Warming is false, and there is a conspiracy by scientists to falsify data

There's your problem. If AGW were false, it's probably not as a deliberate conspiracy to falsify data. It would just be as the result of self-reinforcing groupthink that sometimes plagues science and leads to a concept overstaying its welcome.
Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:18 pm
DeanBlog EditorUser avatarPosts: 593Joined: Sun May 22, 2011 1:49 pmLocation: United Kingdom Gender: Pinecone

ArthurWilborn wrote:
boishakhi wrote:If anthropogenic Global Warming is false, and there is a conspiracy by scientists to falsify data

There's your problem. If AGW were false, it's probably not as a deliberate conspiracy to falsify data. It would just be as the result of self-reinforcing groupthink that sometimes plagues science and leads to a concept overstaying its welcome.

Meanwhile:

This video, uploaded just over a week ago, reveals a tremendous amount, in my opinion. It turns out that the very most dire predictions (as they were), from IPCC Climate Change Models have been remarkably conservative, so it would seem. Our arctic sea ice may be entirely lost by 2030; and without doubt, catastrophic consequences, i.e. species loss will result. The notion that anthropogenic climate change does not exist, or is part of some scientific conspiracy, as you said, should have been discarded long before now. At least from the science. (Result.) I think that the subject has certainly been investigated enough to warrant immediate action. "Groupthink", as you put it, is always problematic. But on the subject of Global Warming, I think we will know if we have crossed tipping point soon, perhaps 2020. Which means we've still got an escape window of a few years.

If nothing happens by then, we'll witness our first grand panoramic visions of hell ca. 2050. :P
~~L.N

“You ask ‘Is there any Florida?’ I’m inclined to answer ‘No.’ There is no Florida, there’s only this, this England, which nauseates my soul.” – DH Lawrence

انقلابی
About Us
Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:25 pm
DeanBlog EditorUser avatarPosts: 593Joined: Sun May 22, 2011 1:49 pmLocation: United Kingdom Gender: Pinecone

And while I'm thinking about it. .... this would seem oddly appropriate to raise here:

Thomas Paine wrote: Lead, follow, or get out of the way.
-- Amusingly enough, this ]Palne quotation was apparently thrown at the United States negotiator at one of the increasingly hysterical international climate change conferences (Bali or Copenhagen). And the direct answer was essentially "No". Amusing to see, really. :D
~~L.N

“You ask ‘Is there any Florida?’ I’m inclined to answer ‘No.’ There is no Florida, there’s only this, this England, which nauseates my soul.” – DH Lawrence

انقلابی
About Us
Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:43 pm
 [ 5 posts ] 
Return to Conspiracy Theories