Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

is the 1% the NWO?

[ 8 posts ] 
is the 1% the NWO?
nemesissUser avatarPosts: 1259Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:29 pm

Post is the 1% the NWO?

this is more of a personal rant with little evidence to back it up, which seem to be nagging at my brain for quite a while.

we have always seen these people (like Alex Jones) which seem to keep talking about a "New World Order" that is slowly taking over the world behind the scenes.
The make several claims, which seem at first glance like priest trying to appease followers.

With regards to the recent events, mostly the OCCUPY movement. you see politicians make weird rullings which even 3rd grade highschool kids could tell make no sense (i.e. tax cuts for the rich).

Though i doubt there is really a commity of people trying to take over the world, the people which most influence goverment via lobbyist (people like the Coke(?) Brothers) to "direct" the politicians judgement.
With regards to decisions made in Washington, it seems more like you have 2 parties: the republican and the republican party formely known as the democrats, both bought.
With little trust in the us goverment (as low as 25~30, if my memory recalls correctly) it isn't that surprising that people are frustrated and start to protest.

Your thoughts?

additionally: do you think there will be another civil war in the US?
personally i think the answer is: it's not if, but when...
Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:24 am
ImprobableJoeLime TordUser avatarPosts: 6195Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:24 pm

Post Re: is the 1% the NWO?

Here's how I see it:

There's been reason and need for a shaking up of the political structure since the 1970s. However, there's always been a safety catch on society in the form of military service to absorb the malcontents and a certain amount of the unemployed. There's also been a safety net in the form of welfare, Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid, and other similar programs. These two things have prevented any major upheaval. You always felt like you could kind of make it, kind of make do, and you'd never face serious poverty unless it was your own fault. If you have enough, you don't really care if someone else has more... I mean, you've never heard someone in a restaurant complain because they are having the chicken and some guy at another table is having a steak.

Now with the military unable to take in enough unemployed people, and the safety net being eroded, who knows? Before now, the powers that be had the good sense to leave a little something for everyone else. As long as the "middle class" felt more associated with the upper class than not, the system could continue without change.
Come visit my blog! There will be punch and pie!
Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:24 pm
DeanBlog EditorUser avatarPosts: 593Joined: Sun May 22, 2011 1:49 pmLocation: United Kingdom Gender: Pinecone

The world economy is overdue for a good shaking up and shaking down, and perhaps now is the time. :)
~~L.N

“You ask ‘Is there any Florida?’ I’m inclined to answer ‘No.’ There is no Florida, there’s only this, this England, which nauseates my soul.” – DH Lawrence

انقلابی
About Us
Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:53 pm
ImprobableJoeLime TordUser avatarPosts: 6195Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:24 pm

Someday in the near future, it is possible that the 99% will realize that if the 1% disappeared tomorrow, absolutely no one else would particularly miss them.
Come visit my blog! There will be punch and pie!
Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:07 pm
whatsinitformePosts: 21Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:02 am

Of course there's a new world order - but I think this world order is not being led by people, but rather by technology. We are both dependent on machines, and yet they are replacing our jobs and making it more difficult for us to recover the economy. VICIOUS CYCLE!!
Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:18 am
CosmicJoghurtPodcasterUser avatarPosts: 808Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:59 pm Gender: Pinecone

whatsinitforme wrote:Of course there's a new world order - but I think this world order is not being led by people, but rather by technology. We are both dependent on machines, and yet they are replacing our jobs and making it more difficult for us to recover the economy. VICIOUS CYCLE!!

Skynet.

We're fucked.
Perception of reality results in interpretation of reality which results in a deformation of reality.
Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:13 am
KittenKoderPosts: 65Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:25 pm Gender: Cake

First, those saying "the world is overdue for a shaking" up or something like that .... you're a bit late, that's what the financial crisis was. It happened, things are shook up.

As to the protests ... meh. You cannot cure an illness by medicating the symptom, and that's what the protesters seem to want. I want to see the illness cured (crooked politicians are the illness) and going after the symptom, especially a symptom that has been distorted so much by media hype on both sides, won't fix anything. Why do you think the politicians are actually siding with the people show protest (they are, look it up)?

Now, NWO, there's a small argument that I believes applies and explains it all too well:

Have you seen the industrial military complex? Let me tell you, it's not all that complex. There is no grand design, no great scheme, it's a bunch of people trying to get ahead in life bumbling around, looking for ways to justify their existence. That's it. There is no conspiracy because there is no way someone could orchestrate anything past their own noses.
Gone
Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:27 am
tuxboxLeague LegendUser avatarPosts: 1172Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:05 amLocation: Vero Beach Gender: Tree

nemesiss wrote:this is more of a personal rant with little evidence to back it up, which seem to be nagging at my brain for quite a while.

we have always seen these people (like Alex Jones) which seem to keep talking about a "New World Order" that is slowly taking over the world behind the scenes.
The make several claims, which seem at first glance like priest trying to appease followers.

With regards to the recent events, mostly the OCCUPY movement. you see politicians make weird rullings which even 3rd grade highschool kids could tell make no sense (i.e. tax cuts for the rich).

Though i doubt there is really a commity of people trying to take over the world, the people which most influence goverment via lobbyist (people like the Coke(?) Brothers) to "direct" the politicians judgement.
With regards to decisions made in Washington, it seems more like you have 2 parties: the republican and the republican party formely known as the democrats, both bought.
With little trust in the us goverment (as low as 25~30, if my memory recalls correctly) it isn't that surprising that people are frustrated and start to protest.

Your thoughts?

additionally: do you think there will be another civil war in the US?
personally i think the answer is: it's not if, but when...

It makes me wonder if Alex Jones and Glenn Beck are related!
"Belief in a cruel God makes a cruel man." ~ Thomas Paine
Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:27 pm
 [ 8 posts ] 
Return to Conspiracy Theories