Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

The bible is about Aliens.....

[ 9 posts ] 
The bible is about Aliens.....
FrengerBloggerUser avatarPosts: 831Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:50 pmLocation: Derby, UK Gender: Male

Post The bible is about Aliens.....

Not sure how much this is actually a conspiracty theory as I don't know how many people believe it.

Anyone heard of "Ancient Aliens"?

A book written in the late 60's by a Dutch fella called "Chariot of the gods".

Anyone read it? My favourite bit is the quote on the back.

"no matter how hard you try, you cannot dismiss this as just another crackpot theory"

I don't know about that, any takers?
Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:09 am
he_who_is_nobodyBloggerUser avatarPosts: 3339Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:36 amLocation: Albuquerque, New Mexico Gender: Male

Post Re: The bible is about Aliens.....

We have already had a long disucssion of the "Ancient Aliens Theory" here before. That thread went into many different aspects of the alien and UFO phenomenon.
_BONES AND FOSSILS = LOVE_
(_'--------------------'_)
(_.--------------------._)
Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:00 pm
YIM WWW
ProlescumWebhamsterUser avatarPosts: 5002Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:41 pmLocation: Peptone-upon-Sores

I'm quite familiar with it. The author is Erik Von Daniken.

His book, Chariot of the Gods has been debunked many times, and Von Daniken himself admits to flawed research.

Zachariah Sitchin also holds the same view, I believe.

It's true that there are lots of things from all over the world which are suggestive of contact of some form (whether that's the flaming air-chariot battles of Hindu mythology, the Nazca lines of Peru or the Anunaki of Sumer), but there's no actual physical evidence to judge by, and dodgy practice by the proponents doesn't help. Much like the Bible.

If you're interested, give your views on your favourite theories here viewtopic.php?f=16&t=9307 :D
if constructive debate is allowed to progress, better ideas will ultimately supplant worse ideas.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred
Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:05 pm
FrengerBloggerUser avatarPosts: 831Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:50 pmLocation: Derby, UK Gender: Male

Ah, sorry guys, I'm new to this forum and didn't spot the older topic.

I shall have a gander.

He did mainly state in his book "this is just a hypothesis but isn't this weird?"

I think just about every phrase could have been ended with "weird huh?"

I shall jump to that other thread now.

Cheers guys!
Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:16 pm
Master_Ghost_KnightContributorUser avatarPosts: 2630Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:57 pmLocation: Netherlands Gender: Male

"I have an irrefutable argument for the existence of...." NO, STOP! You are already wrong!
Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:22 pm

Ha, this is actually amazing.

SHE....WAS.....NUTS.

On page 16 at the moment. I once saw a Gorilla eat its own poo and then vomit it up again, this is very similar.
Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:31 pm
The Felonius PopePosts: 324Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:19 amLocation: Arizona

I haven't read the book myself, however I do reserve the right to dismiss anything I choose as a crackpot conspiracy

theory (especially when it has to do with invisible sky creatures and little green men.)
Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:59 am
tuxboxLeague LegendUser avatarPosts: 1172Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:05 amLocation: Vero Beach Gender: Tree

I think aliens helping ancient humans is more probable than an all powerful god creating the universe in 6 days and then needing to rest on the 7th. That said, I watched "Ancient Aliens" on Netflix and in my opinion it is highly speculative.
"Belief in a cruel God makes a cruel man." ~ Thomas Paine
Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:32 am

tuxbox wrote:I think aliens helping ancient humans is more probable than an all powerful god creating the universe in 6 days and then needing to rest on the 7th. That said, I watched "Ancient Aliens" on Netflix and in my opinion it is highly speculative.

It's basically an argument from ignorance all the way through. He has some areas which need explaining, then explains them with no evidence and then throws in a MASSIVE amount of speculation and conjecture.

When I was told about it by a student I thought "sounds interesting" and like you "more probable then a god making it all in 6 days", and then I read it. I am still going to watch the program but it is safe to say there isn't even a theory in this, just a collection of unexplained artefacts (which have since been largely explained) with the word "alien" stamped across them.

MGK was particually brilliant in the thread linked above.
Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:23 pm
 [ 9 posts ] 
Return to Conspiracy Theories