Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Disproving Genesis

Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 1 of 1
 [ 7 posts ] 
Disproving Genesis
Author Message
Blog of ReasonHelperUser avatarPosts: 240Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:28 pmLocation: League of Reason

Post Disproving Genesis

Discussion thread for the blog entry "Disproving Genesis" by Frenger.

Permalink: http://blog.theleagueofreason.co.uk/reason/disproving-genesis/
Mon May 20, 2013 6:30 pm
he_who_is_nobodyBloggerUser avatarPosts: 3491Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:36 amLocation: Albuquerque, New Mexico Gender: Male

Post Re: Disproving Genesis

Fenger wrote:Part of me wants to carry on, although I’ve already hit nearly 1000 words debunking only 2 sentences.


One thousand words for only two sentences. :o

That should just go to show anyone just how wrong Genesis truly is.
_BONES AND FOSSILS = LOVE_
(_'--------------------'_)
(_.--------------------._)
Mon May 20, 2013 6:55 pm
YIM WWW
FrengerBloggerUser avatarPosts: 831Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:50 pmLocation: Derby, UK Gender: Male

Post Re: Disproving Genesis

In all fairness, the 1000 words did include a bra joke, but I defy you disprove Genesis without at least one.

Also, in the same way you have invited Juby, I've alerted Joseph to the existence of my attempt.

Hopefully we'll see him soon.
Mon May 20, 2013 7:31 pm
WWW
he_who_is_nobodyBloggerUser avatarPosts: 3491Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:36 amLocation: Albuquerque, New Mexico Gender: Male

Post Re: Disproving Genesis

Frenger wrote:Also, in the same way you have invited Juby, I've alerted Joseph to the existence of my attempt.


Oh, I have not informed Juby of my blogs yet. I was going to wait until the last one is posted before I inform him of their existence. I would rather him see a finished product.
_BONES AND FOSSILS = LOVE_
(_'--------------------'_)
(_.--------------------._)
Mon May 20, 2013 7:34 pm
YIM WWW
VivreUser avatarPosts: 351Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:05 pmLocation: dungeon of despair Gender: Female

Post Re: Disproving Genesis

Well, what an effort to disprove the literal meaning of a myth of origin.
Still I enjoyed reading it and like to leave some remarks.

- The face of the deep might have been in the dark in case there'd been an eclipse of the sun.

- as for your rather scientific quotations I would have liked to know what letter there is beween Pb ? Pb, but also the source doesn't display it to me.
Another letter is missing in: ( ? 18O). Here the original loads a picture for its diplay: > Image < http://www.nature.com/__chars/delta/bla ... /glyph.gif

- Just in case: I missed the source reference of the used bible text.
Just saying - 'cos if I'd translated my version to english it would come up differently. There's neither face nor deep in it and the earth was desert and confused ;-)

I wonder what you'll say when the light gets switched on ~ greets
Mon May 20, 2013 9:26 pm
WWW
FrengerBloggerUser avatarPosts: 831Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:50 pmLocation: Derby, UK Gender: Male

Post Re: Disproving Genesis

Vivre wrote:Well, what an effort to disprove the literal meaning of a myth of origin.
Still I enjoyed reading it and like to leave some remarks.


Hi Vivre!

You're right, this isn't the greatest challenge, but it's a challenge nonetheless, set by a man with a PHD don't you now :)

- The face of the deep might have been in the dark in case there'd been an eclipse of the sun.


Sorry, I'm a tad tired, could you say this bit again? I'm not quite sure what you're getting at.

- as for your rather scientific quotations I would have liked to know what letter there is beween Pb ? Pb, but also the source doesn't display it to me.
Another letter is missing in: ( ? 18O). Here the original loads a picture for its diplay: > Image < http://www.nature.com/__chars/delta/bla ... /glyph.gif


Cheers for that. I will try and find the original paper and add the parts which have been replaced. Also, in future posts I shall try and find a paper with all the notation present and correct.

- Just in case: I missed the source reference of the used bible text.
Just saying - 'cos if I'd translated my version to english it would come up differently. There's neither face nor deep in it and the earth was desert and confused ;-)


Ha, oops, I got so carried away with typing, I forgot to reference the bloody Bible I used. Yep, noted, that shall also be included in the next'un.

I wonder what you'll say when the light gets switched on ~ greets


"AHHH, NOT YET, I HAVEN'T PUT MY PANTS ON"

Or something similar.
Mon May 20, 2013 10:09 pm
WWW
VivreUser avatarPosts: 351Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:05 pmLocation: dungeon of despair Gender: Female

Post Re: Disproving Genesis

Frenger wrote:Hi Vivre!

You're right, this isn't the greatest challenge, but it's a challenge nonetheless, set by a man with a PHD don't you now :)
Yes I saw the preceded name decoration and rather assume its value is to impose impression.
Someone who puts up such a challenge obviously lacks elementary education. :mrgreen:


Frenger wrote:
Vivre wrote:- The face of the deep might have been in the dark in case there'd been an eclipse of the sun.

Sorry, I'm a tad tired, could you say this bit again? I'm not quite sure what you're getting at.

“Darkness was upon the face of the deep”. Well, according to the Nebular hypothesis, the Earth formed out of the solar nebula left over from the formation of the Sun. This would suggest then, that the Sun was producing light as a bi-product of nuclear fusion during Earth’s accretion, and therefore darkness would not be upon the face of the deep.

Even if the sun already existed the concerned/observed part 'the deep' could have been in the shadow due to an eclipse. I assume 'the deep' to be somewhere on the planet earth as nothing else is of existence at that moment which would allow a unit of distance.
My edition calls it 'Urflut' = 'primal flood'.


"AHHH, NOT YET, I HAVEN'T PUT MY PANTS ON"
Ok - may darkness embrace you as long it's at your pleasure ;-)
Tue May 21, 2013 6:47 pm
WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 1 of 1
 [ 7 posts ] 
Return to Blog of Reason

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests
cron