Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

The EU wants to restrict seeds!!!1!!!one!!eleven

[ 5 posts ] 
The EU wants to restrict seeds!!!1!!!one!!eleven
Blog of ReasonHelperUser avatarPosts: 240Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:28 pmLocation: League of Reason

Post The EU wants to restrict seeds!!!1!!!one!!eleven

Wed May 22, 2013 9:59 pm
he_who_is_nobodyBloggerUser avatarPosts: 3499Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:36 amLocation: Albuquerque, New Mexico Gender: Male

Post Re: The EU wants to restrict seeds!!!1!!!one!!eleven

Inferno wrote:When will people stop talking crap and just take the time to research what is actually said?

Now that is the million-dollar question, is it not? Not just for this issue, but also for just about any issue you can think of.

An hour of research on any given subject would alleviate any fears and misgivings of said subject, yet most people would rather not look into it. I have often wondered how this can be changed.
_BONES AND FOSSILS = LOVE_
(_'--------------------'_)
(_.--------------------._)
Thu May 23, 2013 3:48 pm
YIM WWW
InfernoContributorUser avatarPosts: 2298Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:36 pmLocation: Vienna, Austria Gender: Cake

he_who_is_nobody wrote:
Inferno wrote:When will people stop talking crap and just take the time to research what is actually said?

Now that is the million-dollar question, is it not? Not just for this issue, but also for just about any issue you can think of.

An hour of research on any given subject would alleviate any fears and misgivings of said subject, yet most people would rather not look into it. I have often wondered how this can be changed.

I agree, but in this context I was talking about the media and politicians, the very people who should keep us up to date.
Yes, it pertains to everything, no question.
"Sometimes people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed." ― Friedrich Nietzsche

"I shall achieve my objectives through the power... of Science!" --LessWrong
Thu May 23, 2013 4:00 pm
InfernoContributorUser avatarPosts: 2298Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:36 pmLocation: Vienna, Austria Gender: Cake

Seven EU myths you should never believe - Polish Minister of foreign affairs

Excellent article, especially for people in the UK!
"Sometimes people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed." ― Friedrich Nietzsche

"I shall achieve my objectives through the power... of Science!" --LessWrong
Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:32 am
VivreUser avatarPosts: 351Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:05 pmLocation: dungeon of despair Gender: Female

Heh - I liked Myth No 2 :

The EU forces Britain to adopt laws on human rights that are contrary in spirit to British tradition.

btw: without paid membership I'm not allowed to view that article (and others I've tried).
In case someone else has the same issue he/she could review a page-snapshot in the webcache
Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:27 pm
 [ 5 posts ] 
Return to Blog of Reason