Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Know Your Bones: October 2013

[ 10 posts ] 
Know Your Bones: October 2013
Blog of ReasonHelperUser avatarPosts: 240Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:28 pmLocation: League of Reason

Post Know Your Bones: October 2013

Discussion thread for the blog entry "Know Your Bones: October 2013" by he_who_is_nobody.

Permalink: http://blog.theleagueofreason.co.uk/science/know-your-bones-october-2013/
Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:10 pm
IsotelusBloggerUser avatarPosts: 317Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:59 am Gender: Tree

Post Re: Know Your Bones: October 2013

Nice idea!

I think I will give other people a chance to guess on this one, though. I will say it reminds me of a Juby/Baugh video. ;)
Punnet square summer camp: Be there or be square!
Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:04 pm
he_who_is_nobodyBloggerUser avatarPosts: 3499Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:36 amLocation: Albuquerque, New Mexico Gender: Male

Isotelus wrote:Nice idea!

I think I will give other people a chance to guess on this one, though. I will say it reminds me of a Juby/Baugh video. ;)

I knew you would be able to guess this one at a glance. I am glad to see that you are giving others a chance to guess, that would not be me if I had the chance.
_BONES AND FOSSILS = LOVE_
(_'--------------------'_)
(_.--------------------._)
Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:13 pm
YIM WWW
InfernoContributorUser avatarPosts: 2298Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:36 pmLocation: Vienna, Austria Gender: Cake

I was surprised to see I too knew it at once.
Laughably, unknowledgeable creationists yank our collective chains with their nonsense on this...
"Sometimes people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed." ― Friedrich Nietzsche

"I shall achieve my objectives through the power... of Science!" --LessWrong
Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:39 pm
he_who_is_nobodyBloggerUser avatarPosts: 3499Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:36 amLocation: Albuquerque, New Mexico Gender: Male

Inferno wrote:I was surprised to see I too knew it at once.
Laughably, unknowledgeable creationists yank our collective chains with their nonsense on this...

I am glad to see that this is easy for everyone (even though there are still no guesses ;) ). I did choose this specimen first, because it is such an iconic image that most people, even most creationists, know its name.
Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:48 pm
YIM WWW
InfernoContributorUser avatarPosts: 2298Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:36 pmLocation: Vienna, Austria Gender: Cake

he_who_is_nobody wrote:
Inferno wrote:I was surprised to see I too knew it at once.
Laughably, Unknowledgeable Creationists Yank our collective chains with their nonsense on this...

I am glad to see that this is easy for everyone (even though there are still no guesses ;) ). I did choose this specimen first, because it is such an iconic image that most people, even most creationists, know its name.

Actually, my guess is right there, I just didn't want to make it too obvious...
OK, let's try another way to communicate it: It's in the title of a Beatles song also referred to as "LSD".
"Sometimes people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed." ― Friedrich Nietzsche

Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:33 pm

Inferno wrote:Actually, my guess is right there, I just didn't want to make it too obvious...
OK, let's try another way to communicate it: It's in the title of a Beatles song also referred to as "LSD".

:o :lol: :ugeek:

I missed your initial guess, which was actually a very clever way of announcing it. :oops:
Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:44 pm
YIM WWW

he_who_is_nobody wrote:I missed your initial guess, which was actually a very clever way of announcing it. :oops:

Didn't want to announce something without having a way to back it up when I won the contest. :lol: Took me ages to find that combo though.
So btw, was I right? :P

Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:48 pm

Inferno wrote:
he_who_is_nobody wrote:I missed your initial guess, which was actually a very clever way of announcing it. :oops:

Didn't want to announce something without having a way to back it up when I won the contest. :lol: Took me ages to find that combo though.
So btw, was I right? :P

You will know at the beginning of next month. That is when I will quote the winner and (s)he will receive his/her bragging rights.
Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:53 pm
YIM WWW

Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:14 am
YIM WWW
 [ 10 posts ] 
Return to Blog of Reason