Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

What do you want to read about?

[ 3 posts ] 
What do you want to read about?
Blog of ReasonHelperUser avatarPosts: 240Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:28 pmLocation: League of Reason

Post What do you want to read about?

Discussion thread for the blog entry "What do you want to read about?" by he_who_is_nobody.

Permalink: http://blog.theleagueofreason.co.uk/website/what-do-you-want-to-read-about/
Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:48 pm
WarKChat ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 1164Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:59 am Gender: Tree

Post Re: What do you want to read about?

I liked the post you did years ago about differences between palaeontology, archaeology and anthropology. I realise it's basics but I'm a simpleton and don't know much about it. I think it'd be interesting to read more about the overlap between those, probably mostly archaeology and palaeontology, from a practical side. Do they use similar equipment and techniques? How different archaeologist's and palaeontologist's excavation sites would look? Any funny stories from a site? Are there many projects where those branches meet? During studies to become either one of them do the students have vastly different courses?

Perhaps it's a bit chaotic but maybe there's an idea for a blog post somewhere there?

Cheers.
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:35 pm
he_who_is_nobodyBloggerUser avatarPosts: 3149Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:36 amLocation: Albuquerque, New Mexico Gender: Male

Post Re: What do you want to read about?

WarK wrote:I liked the post you did years ago about differences between palaeontology, archaeology and anthropology. I realise it's basics but I'm a simpleton and don't know much about it. I think it'd be interesting to read more about the overlap between those, probably mostly archaeology and palaeontology, from a practical side. Do they use similar equipment and techniques? How different archaeologist's and palaeontologist's excavation sites would look? Any funny stories from a site? Are there many projects where those branches meet? During studies to become either one of them do the students have vastly different courses?

Perhaps it's a bit chaotic but maybe there's an idea for a blog post somewhere there?

Cheers.

Thank you for the suggestions. I have tried to write something about the differences and similarities between archaeology and paleontology since you wrote this, but it just is not happening. I am having a writers block. I feel I am a reactionary writer, I cannot write something unless I am responding.
_BONES AND FOSSILS = LOVE_
(_'--------------------'_)
(_.--------------------._)
Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:15 pm
YIM WWW
 [ 3 posts ] 
Return to Blog of Reason