Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Video Game Video Series

[ 13 posts ] 
Video Game Video Series
JRChadwickLeague LegendUser avatarPosts: 340Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:02 am

Post Video Game Video Series

How long has it been since I posted on this web board? Three years? It's been hard doing anything besides my schooling, but I'm finally trying to set a side time to make videos.

This is a series I am starting. I am going to be taking apart all the video game technology I can without damaging it (xBox 360 is out since opening it requires tearing plastic security tabs.) I have 9 other consoles and various controllers and accessories.

What I would like from you is suggestions on what you would like to see in this series. The first three videos were made without much planning and were done live. Would you prefer if I spent more time (it would mean longer periods between videos) and used careful scripting and narration such as what is used in my creationism videos? Any catchy ideas like sound effects and maybe a theme song for the series? Do you want more technical details about the various components? Anything at all!

Take a look and post your suggestions and requests. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3sTxZFfSeM&feature=youtu.be

Good to be back everyone!

-JRChadwick
Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:58 am

Post Re: Video Game Video Series

Here is the second video in the series. I discuss the Super Nintendo Entertainment System games.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZutKTzD ... _3iQrTXn9A
Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:32 pm
he_who_is_nobodyBloggerUser avatarPosts: 3163Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:36 amLocation: Albuquerque, New Mexico Gender: Male

Well, I am a sucker for scripting. It may take longer, but the end product is much more enjoyable, in my opinion.
_BONES AND FOSSILS = LOVE_
(_'--------------------'_)
(_.--------------------._)
Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:18 pm
YIM WWW

I'll be scripting my fourth video. Any suggestions on added details or traits to make the video more fun?
Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:17 pm
he_who_is_nobodyBloggerUser avatarPosts: 3163Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:36 amLocation: Albuquerque, New Mexico Gender: Male

JRChadwick wrote:I'll be scripting my fourth video. Any suggestions on added details or traits to make the video more fun?

I actually just find the taking apart of video games and other things interesting. I am not sure if you can do this, but perhaps at the end a time-lapse of you taking the thing apart or putting it back together. That would be my only other suggestion.
Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:23 pm
YIM WWW

The earlier consoles are surprisingly simple devices. There are not many steps involved in disassembling them. But I will see what I can do. When I get to my Play Station 3, I am considering demonstrating how to upgrade its hard drive.
Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:05 pm
ProlescumWebhamsterUser avatarPosts: 4994Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:41 pmLocation: Peptone-upon-Sores

If I were making videos on this topic, I'd have the camera static and move the items. Good start, though. I'd like more in depth information too.

Are you going to attempt any modifications? That'd be interesting to see.
if constructive debate is allowed to progress, better ideas will ultimately supplant worse ideas.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred
Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:47 pm

Anything from my collection, I wouldn't want to cause any permanent damage, but I have some failed Playstations I am going to attempt to repair.
Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:08 am

JRChadwick wrote:When I get to my Play Station 3, I am considering demonstrating how to upgrade its hard drive.

I cannot wait for that.
Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:27 am
YIM WWW

I love what Sony did with it. They used a standard laptop hard drive making it possible to do this yourself. The xBox 360 hard drives are custom for the system.
Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:13 am

The third video is up. These first three were all recorded at the same time. I was originally planning to keep it as one video, but I decided it would get more views if I shortened it by splitting it up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6_VsvoTe4Q&feature=youtu.be
Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:13 pm

Yup, I cannot wait for scripting. I also like Prolescum's idea of having the camera static.
Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:29 pm
YIM WWW

And I look forward to being able to use my right hand!
Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:38 am
 [ 13 posts ] 
Return to Technology/Engineering