Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Favorite Linux Distro

[ 9 posts ] 
Favorite Linux Distro
DepricatedZeroChat ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 1333Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 11:43 amLocation: Cincinnati, OH Gender: Pinecone

Post Favorite Linux Distro

I've been using gNewSense for a while and I like it.

But was wondering, what's everyone else using? What do you prefer?

Convince me that your distro is the best and I may adopt it :D
Why does my life have to be so small
And death is forever
And does forever have a life to call its own?
Don't give me an answer cause you only know
As much as I know
Unless you've been there once
And I hardly think so

Green Day - One of My Lies
Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:48 am
bemanosUser avatarPosts: 22Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:23 pmLocation: Greece,Athens Gender: Cake

Post Re: Favorite Linux Distro

DepricatedZero wrote:I've been using gNewSense for a while and I like it.

But was wondering, what's everyone else using? What do you prefer?

Convince me that your distro is the best and I may adopt it :D

i use Kubuntu. it is like ubuntu( nice , simple and with a lot of support from the ubuntu community . the only differerence between ununtu and kubuntu is the graphical enviroment. So i recommend you to use it :) (you can try it by using the live cd/usb feature)
Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:52 pm
nophunUser avatarPosts: 63Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 5:23 am Gender: Male

Arch http://www.archlinux.org/
I seen it on distowatch a few years back, checked it out, loved it. :)

Nothing of importance to add ... It works so I use it. :P

Also Xunbuntu (Ubuntu w/ the XFCE desktop)
Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:35 am
simonecuttlefishUser avatarPosts: 114Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:24 am Gender: Pinecone

Linux is just a curiosity for me, I have Ubuntu installed in a loopback filesystem on my main computer atm but I only ever log in to see if there are any updates :) I got a USB key the other day and thought I'd try to install a linux on it. I got Ubuntu Studio: "Puppy Edition" 2.1 and it looks cool, only mucked about with it but it seems fast and to work really well, AND plays my lossless compressed WMA files without the stuffing around. It's like Ubuntu studio, but with the tiny puppy linux as a base, rather than the Ubuntu monster. http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=57447 I think I'll play with it some more.
I have no requirement for the supernatural or magic to explain anything, finding purpose in life other than trying to enjoy it, fantasies to explain wonder, fear that reason might trivialise me, or demand of wonders greater than those that are evident.
Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:40 pm
PulsarUser avatarPosts: 872Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:52 pmLocation: Belgium

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. - Robert McCloskey

Science doesn’t know everything … religion doesn’t know ANYTHING.
Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:00 pm
WarKChat ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 1221Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:59 am Gender: Tree

<-- This thing is powered by Slackware64 :)
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:37 pm
NemesiahPosts: 429Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 8:00 amLocation: Mexico Gender: Male

I'm a linux noob (So I only know some commands) but I like Ubuntu (the only one I have really used) and as soon as I can stop using my laptop for work I'm going to install it and (hopefully) get by on free open source software
Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:35 pm
DepricatedZeroChat ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 1333Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 11:43 amLocation: Cincinnati, OH Gender: Pinecone

Pulsar wrote:My favourite distro? This one: http://forums.leagueofreason.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=24920#p24920 ;)

That...is...sooooooooooooo awesomely funny

I especially love the "take evolution out of ubuntu!" thread
Why does my life have to be so small
And death is forever
And does forever have a life to call its own?
Don't give me an answer cause you only know
As much as I know
Unless you've been there once
And I hardly think so

Green Day - One of My Lies
Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:08 pm
ProlescumWebhamsterUser avatarPosts: 5009Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:41 pmLocation: Peptone-upon-Sores

What makes it funnier is that evolution is completely integrated into the environment mwahaha! :D

Love me some gnome. Having a favourite distro is a bit like having a favourite pasta; some like spaghetti, some like taglietelle but the end result is still a full, satisfied belly.
if constructive debate is allowed to progress, better ideas will ultimately supplant worse ideas.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred
Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:23 am
 [ 9 posts ] 
Return to Technology/Engineering