Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Breakthrough Inventions CHECK THEM OUT

[ 18 posts ] 
Breakthrough Inventions CHECK THEM OUT
M31asWakePosts: 9Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:50 pmLocation: DARPA Gender: Cake

Post Breakthrough Inventions CHECK THEM OUT

Check out my New inventions, patents pending.

Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:51 pm
MRaverzPosts: 1838Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:00 am Gender: Pinecone

Post Re: Breakthrough Inventions CHECK THEM OUT

Loss of energy as heat to the surroundings.
Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:00 pm
lrkunUser avatarPosts: 3831Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:37 pmLocation: R. Gender: Tree

I assume this is a joke post. It's funny. Of course, if the thread starter thinks that it works, I apologize.
Unsupport unthink.
Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:02 pm

These are legitimate working inventions, if you do not believe so please go image by image and explain why they wouldn't work.
Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:44 pm
NetheralianUser avatarPosts: 357Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:13 pmLocation: Underwater world Gender: Cake

lrkun wrote:I assume this is a joke post. It's funny. Of course, if the thread starter thinks that it works, I apologize.

Your far more generous than I would be. If the thread starter thinks that it works, he should go back to primary school.
Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:46 pm
NetheralianUser avatarPosts: 357Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:13 pmLocation: Underwater world Gender: Cake

M31asWake wrote:These are legitimate working inventions, if you do not believe so please go image by image and explain why they wouldn't work.

1. Conservation of energy
2. Conservation of energy
3. Conservation of energy
4. Conservation of energy
5... I'm sure your getting the idea by now.
Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:47 pm

Bullshit, the light ones are a joke and so is the windmill but the other ones work.

its science
Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:51 pm

M31asWake wrote:Bullshit, the light ones are a joke and so is the windmill but the other ones work.

its science

1. Actually conservation of momentum. Most likely the fan would actually make you go backwards (it's probably more efficient than the sail). Turn the fan around and the energy from the solar cells can be converted to kinetic energy and maybe you get some extra wind from the sails.

2. You've stated its a joke so I won't bother.

3. You seem to have put electric motors into the wheel. So what? (Yes - activating each magnet separately is an electric motor (sort of).

4. How do the magnets make it swing for ever? You should really learn about the 2nd law of thermodynamics.

5. You end up with iron particles on the magnets and zero flow (and a lot of water on the ground)

6. joke

7. Newtons first law failure.

8. Special relativity failure for something that doesn't actually achieve anything.

I'm still thinking they are all jokes...
Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:04 pm
Anachronous RexLeague LegendUser avatarPosts: 2008Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:07 pmLocation: Kansas City, MO Gender: Male

Very funny M31

I like you.
Our prefrontal lobes are too small. Much too small. That's a problem of the birth canal, I'm very sorry to say for those that like their birth canals... tight.
-C. Hitchens.
Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:08 pm
FatStupidAmericanUser avatarPosts: 128Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:53 am Gender: Male

M31asWake wrote:Check out my New inventions, patents pending.

I think someone kind of beat you to it.

http://charlesroring.blogspot.com/2008/ ... anels.html
My blog on Minimalism and Simple living. http://fatstupidamerican.wordpress.com
Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:11 pm
televatorUser avatarPosts: 1252Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:02 amLocation: In hell, rocking out with Satan! Gender: Cake

I still find the air plane one slightly more acceptable than the literal interpretation Noah's Ark... :lol:
a·the·ism: The absence of belief in god(s)

There are no additional, claims, laws, commandments, rules, doctrines, presuppositions, stand alone ideologies, dogmas, and/or faith based beliefs required by or inevitably derived from atheism.
Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:18 pm
MRaverzPosts: 1838Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:00 am Gender: Pinecone

Also:

Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:47 am
MineMineMineUser avatarPosts: 130Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:39 pm Gender: Pinecone

good job stealing from 4chan <-<
"I feel almost as powerful as an exposed nipple."
- P.Z. Myers
Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:52 am
OGjimkenobiLeague LegendUser avatarPosts: 36Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:53 amLocation: Russia Gender: Pinecone

These are all complete and total bullshit, utter psuedoscience of the worst kind. Except for the speed of light one, that one looks really promising and after seeing it on here I've already begun preliminary testing.

I'll keep you guys updated.....
"The true beauty of a self-inquiring sentient universe is lost on those who elect to walk the intellectually vacuous path of comfortable paranoid fantasies" ~ Thunderf00t[Youtube]http://www.youtube.com/user/OGjimbo[/Youtube]
Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:02 pm
CepheiUser avatarPosts: 69Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:13 pmLocation: Norway Gender: Pinecone

:lol:
Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:05 pm
nasher168League LegendUser avatarPosts: 2518Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:34 pmLocation: Derby, UK Gender: Male

Trolling, I'm sure. Nevertheless, it is mildly amusing trolling at that.

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. All of these are like trying to lift your chair up whilst you're sitting on it. You might notice it doesn't work.
A great Charity
Apologies for my absence of late.
Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:58 am
Master_Ghost_KnightContributorUser avatarPosts: 2736Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:57 pmLocation: Netherlands Gender: Male

LOL! :D This is an obvious joke, and the funy thing is i have seen people actualy believing that this concepts could work in a serious maner.
"I have an irrefutable argument for the existence of...." NO, STOP! You are already wrong!
Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:26 am
judomuerteUser avatarPosts: 21Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:16 pmLocation: Shenandoah Valley Gender: Male

OGjimkenobi wrote:These are all complete and total bullshit, utter psuedoscience of the worst kind. Except for the speed of light one, that one looks really promising and after seeing it on here I've already begun preliminary testing.

I'll keep you guys updated.....

The problem with testing is that upon seeing the light (proof that it's actually continuous) would mean the photons have thus exited stage left, and wouldn't be there anymore for which to test.
Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:17 pm
 [ 18 posts ] 
Return to Technology/Engineering