Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

LoR Plymouth theme

[ 3 posts ] 
LoR Plymouth theme
ProlescumWebhamsterUser avatarPosts: 5009Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:41 pmLocation: Peptone-upon-Sores

Post LoR Plymouth theme

Dunno if any of you linux users out there are interested, but if you use plymouth as your boot splash, I've made a static LoR theme (v0.1). I'm attempting to make an animated one and will post it when it's ready. Let me know if it's crap or if it doesn't work. I might also make one for usplash if it's desired...

Anyway, extract to /usr/share/plymouth/themes then

plymouth-set-default-theme && plymouth-update-initrd

or possibly

/sbin/new-kernel-pkg --package kernel --mkinitrd --dracut --depmod --install $(uname -r)

or /lib/plymouth/themes if you're debian/ubuntu-based

sudo update-alternatives --config default.plymouth

then choose lor and

sudo update-initramfs -u

:)
if constructive debate is allowed to progress, better ideas will ultimately supplant worse ideas.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred
Last edited by Prolescum on Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:32 pm
SquawkModeratorUser avatarPosts: 2011Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:25 pm Gender: Tree

Post Re: LoR Plymouth theme

oooh, shiney, might have a look at that.
Pope Rat: "Exclusion of God, religion and virtue from public life leads ultimately to a truncated vision of man and of society and thus a reductive vision of a person and his destiny."

Squawk response: "O Rly?"
Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:38 pm
ProlescumWebhamsterUser avatarPosts: 5009Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:41 pmLocation: Peptone-upon-Sores

Post Re: LoR Plymouth theme

Just updated the debian/ubuntu code as I'd forgotten a line... Soz.
if constructive debate is allowed to progress, better ideas will ultimately supplant worse ideas.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred
Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:17 pm
 [ 3 posts ] 
Return to Technology/Engineering