Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Aspen plus help

[ 6 posts ] 
Aspen plus help
Duvelthehobbit666User avatarPosts: 1136Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:39 pmLocation: On a pale blue dot Gender: Male

Post Aspen plus help

For a project at Uni I need to use Aspen Plus. The problem is that the Uni only has a licence for 7.2 which is not compatible with 64 bit OS. I have Windows 7 home premium 64 bit. I want to know if it is possible to get a licence for free for 7.3 or if it is possible to run a 32 bit windows in a virtual machine in linux for example. Anyone know if this is possible?

"Beer, the cause of - and solution to - all of lifes problems" Homer Simpson

I have a blog now
Wed May 09, 2012 3:46 pm
CEbbesenPosts: 224Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:46 amLocation: Seoul, South Korea. Gender: Male

Post Re: Aspen plus help

You can run 32 bit windows in a vm on Linux.
Nvidia, Fuck you!
- Linus Torvalds
Wed May 09, 2012 3:54 pm
Duvelthehobbit666User avatarPosts: 1136Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:39 pmLocation: On a pale blue dot Gender: Male

Where can I get a free version of windows for it? I tried to look but could not find it.

I have a blog now
Wed May 09, 2012 4:03 pm
ProlescumWebhamsterUser avatarPosts: 4985Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:41 pmLocation: Peptone-upon-Sores

There are no free versions of Windows. You must have a licensed copy.

I don't know if Windows 7 has a compatibility mode/wrapper for such things, but it seems a reasonable thing to include. Then again, it's a Microsoft product so the chances may be somewhat lower.
if constructive debate is allowed to progress, better ideas will ultimately supplant worse ideas.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred
Wed May 09, 2012 9:10 pm

Prolescum wrote:There are no free versions of Windows. You must have a licensed copy.

I don't know if Windows 7 has a compatibility mode/wrapper for such things, but it seems a reasonable thing to include. Then again, it's a Microsoft product so the chances may be somewhat lower.

It does not have a compatibility mode for my OS. :( Sort of stupid

I have a blog now
Wed May 09, 2012 9:37 pm
WarKChat ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 1157Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:59 am Gender: Tree

How about getting the prview/beta version of the newest Windows that hasn't been releases yet, installing it in, say, VirtualBox?

Cumbersome, I know.
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
Thu May 10, 2012 8:29 am
 [ 6 posts ] 
Return to Technology/Engineering