Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

'New Moon' taping may put woman in prison

Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 1 of 1
 [ 12 posts ] 
'New Moon' taping may put woman in prison
Author Message
GrimlockUser avatarPosts: 205Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:49 pm

Post 'New Moon' taping may put woman in prison

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Mov ... index.html

Okay i get all the copy right stuff and so forth, but 3 minuets of something that accidentally got on the tape.
If this isn,´t worth a face palm i don,´t know what is.

I mean whats next your cellphone accidentally rings in a movie and you get your hands cut off or get thrown into jail for life because some of the sound from the movie was playing in the background.
Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:59 am
JorickUser avatarPosts: 107Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:43 amLocation: Oregon, USA Gender: Male

Post Re: 'New Moon' taping may put woman in prison

Pfft, arrest the people who created the piece of shit movie, that'd be some real justice.

Seriously though, if the MPAA and the movie company pursue this, it'll create a huge backlash for them. Anyone getting sued or arrested for three minutes of incidental movie 'piracy' is just retarded.
"The most incomprehensible thing about the universe is that it is comprehensible." - Albert Einstein

"Not only is the universe stranger than we think, it is stranger than we can think." - Werner Heisenberg
Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:44 am
Aught3ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 4290Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:36 amLocation: New Zealand Gender: Male

Post Re: 'New Moon' taping may put woman in prison

Jorick wrote:Pfft, arrest the people who created the piece of shit movie, that'd be some real justice.
WIN!

Obviously this charge should be dropped, but this women was pretty silly to go into a movie with a recording device and then deliberately tape the movie screen. I don't blame the cinema company for throwing her out but once the tape had been viewed it sounds like letting her go free is a no-brainer.
Wanderer, there is no path, the path is made by walking.
Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:54 am
WWW
M.W.T.B.F.User avatarPosts: 45Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:38 pm

Post Re: 'New Moon' taping may put woman in prison

Why would you want to tape THAT movie? Twilight is an excellent novel/movie in the same sense that cows make excellent airplanes.

NOTE: Please read the above statement carefully before responding with RAGE, I HATE TWILIGHT AND EVERYTHING IT STANDS FOR.

If you want a good review that truly expresses how awful this series is, watch this:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/escape-to-the-movies/1107-New-Moon
"Judge a man by his questions, not his answers." -Voltaire
Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:59 am
JorickUser avatarPosts: 107Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:43 amLocation: Oregon, USA Gender: Male

Post Re: 'New Moon' taping may put woman in prison

M.W.T.B.F. wrote:Why would you want to tape THAT movie? Twilight is an excellent novel/movie in the same sense that cows make excellent airplanes.

NOTE: Please read the above statement carefully before responding with RAGE, I HATE TWILIGHT AND EVERYTHING IT STANDS FOR.

If you want a good review that truly expresses how awful this series is, watch this:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/escape-to-the-movies/1107-New-Moon


Eh, I don't think you need to justify your hate here. Remember, this is the League of REASON, any reasonable person can see that Twilight is a piece of crap in both book and movie form.
"The most incomprehensible thing about the universe is that it is comprehensible." - Albert Einstein

"Not only is the universe stranger than we think, it is stranger than we can think." - Werner Heisenberg
Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:41 am
borrofburiModeratorPosts: 3527Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:27 pm Gender: Male

Post Re: 'New Moon' taping may put woman in prison

Jorick wrote:Eh, I don't think you need to justify your hate here. Remember, this is the League of REASON, any reasonable person can see that Twilight is a piece of crap in both book and movie form.

I'm not certain you can objectively define "good taste".
Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:42 am
JorickUser avatarPosts: 107Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:43 amLocation: Oregon, USA Gender: Male

Post Re: 'New Moon' taping may put woman in prison

borrofburi wrote:
Jorick wrote:Eh, I don't think you need to justify your hate here. Remember, this is the League of REASON, any reasonable person can see that Twilight is a piece of crap in both book and movie form.

I'm not certain you can objectively define "good taste".


No, but I can objectively decide Twilight is a load of crap.

It's all in good fun (except the Twilight hating, I reeeeeally hate it), don't think I'm trying to decide what good taste is. I know mine is so far off from the mainstream norm that I'm the last person who should decide that. :D
"The most incomprehensible thing about the universe is that it is comprehensible." - Albert Einstein

"Not only is the universe stranger than we think, it is stranger than we can think." - Werner Heisenberg
Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:05 pm
entermanUser avatarPosts: 148Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:06 pm

Post Re: 'New Moon' taping may put woman in prison

Grimlock wrote:I mean whats next your cellphone accidentally rings in a movie and you get your hands cut off

Going slightly off topic, I'd agree with this motion XD or something similar :roll:
Image
Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:18 pm
GrimlockUser avatarPosts: 205Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:49 pm

Post Re: 'New Moon' taping may put woman in prison

enterman wrote:
Grimlock wrote:I mean whats next your cellphone accidentally rings in a movie and you get your hands cut off

Going slightly off topic, I'd agree with this motion XD or something similar :roll:


I guess you have had a lot of negative experience with peoples cellphone, when your watching movie in cinema,´s :P

Back on Tropic well it seems the farce has come to an end http://torrentfreak.com/new-moon-pirate ... nd-091211/
Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:27 am
ImprobableJoeUser avatarPosts: 6195Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:24 pm

Post Re: 'New Moon' taping may put woman in prison

Grimlock wrote:http://edition.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Movies/12/04/new.moon.arrest/index.html

Okay i get all the copy right stuff and so forth, but 3 minuets of something that accidentally got on the tape.
If this isn,´t worth a face palm i don,´t know what is.

I mean whats next your cellphone accidentally rings in a movie and you get your hands cut off or get thrown into jail for life because some of the sound from the movie was playing in the background.

Are you capable of posting without ridiculous hyperbole?

Yeah, it is a silly case that shouldn't result in a conviction, but to claim that the next step is amputation?
Come visit my blog! There will be punch and pie!
Last edited by ImprobableJoe on Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:53 am
obsidianavengerPosts: 840Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:44 am Gender: Pinecone

Post Re: 'New Moon' taping may put woman in prison

i used to work at a movie theater... if you caught someone filming a movie the company would give you a 500 dollar bonus.... might be even more in it for management.... could explain the obvious absurdity of pressing on with clearly bogus charges. on the other hand maybe they were jus trying for a public example to warn people that FILMING IN MOVIE THEATERS ISN'T OK

i'm glad the case was thrown out though
Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:56 am
JorickUser avatarPosts: 107Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:43 amLocation: Oregon, USA Gender: Male

Post Re: 'New Moon' taping may put woman in prison

ImprobableJoe wrote:
Grimlock wrote:http://edition.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Movies/12/04/new.moon.arrest/index.html

Okay i get all the copy right stuff and so forth, but 3 minuets of something that accidentally got on the tape.
If this isn,´t worth a face palm i don,´t know what is.

I mean whats next your cellphone accidentally rings in a movie and you get your hands cut off or get thrown into jail for life because some of the sound from the movie was playing in the background.

Are you capable of posting without ridiculous hyperbole?

Yeah, it is a silly case that shouldn't result in a conviction, but to claim that the next step is amputation?


Come on ImprobableJoe, why can't you respect a slippery slope argument? It's a totally valid line of reasoning! /sarcasm

Seriously though, if he had made it an analogy it would have been less silly. It makes a better statement as a comparison than as a slippery slope piece of crap.
"The most incomprehensible thing about the universe is that it is comprehensible." - Albert Einstein

"Not only is the universe stranger than we think, it is stranger than we can think." - Werner Heisenberg
Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:28 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 1 of 1
 [ 12 posts ] 
Return to TV, Film & Documentaries

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests