Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

The doctor? Doctor who?

[ 232 posts ] 
The doctor? Doctor who?
ProlescumWebhamsterUser avatarPosts: 5003Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:41 pmLocation: Peptone-upon-Sores

Post Re: The doctor? Doctor who?

I know it's really quite shallow of me, but I'm quite excited.

if constructive debate is allowed to progress, better ideas will ultimately supplant worse ideas.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred
Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:49 am
australopithecusAdministratorUser avatarPosts: 4287Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:27 pmLocation: Kernow Gender: Time Lord

But, but, but....she's not Karen Gillan!
Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:39 pm
ProlescumWebhamsterUser avatarPosts: 5003Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:41 pmLocation: Peptone-upon-Sores

She's supposedly found where the Doctor least expects someone to be (yay, we might get to see the TARDIS toilet! I bet the bowl is bigger on the inside).

How about we throw caution to the wind and take a gamble. Is her character:

A) An other era companion - She's from the seventies.
B) Romana - Every new companion is a possible Romana.
C) Jenny - After learning all she can about her race from the whispers that remain, she goes in search of her old man.
D) Rory - Yep, Rory is unknowingly a Time Lord and regenerates into her, surprising Amy to no end.
E) Susan Foreman - She's out there somewhere...
D) River Song post-library - I've seen this speculation a few times. Probably not.

Any other guesses?
if constructive debate is allowed to progress, better ideas will ultimately supplant worse ideas.

Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:36 am
australopithecusAdministratorUser avatarPosts: 4287Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:27 pmLocation: Kernow Gender: Time Lord

I think Romana would be a very cool twist, though I can't see it being River. That's been done to death.

1,000,000/1 shot. The Rani.
Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:29 am

I think the only person who hasn't been suggested as a new Rani is The Doctor :lol:

Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:15 am
Your Funny UncleUser avatarPosts: 556Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 11:38 amLocation: UK Gender: Male

“I don't believe in an afterlife, so I don't have to spend my whole life fearing hell, or fearing heaven even more. For whatever the tortures of hell, I think the boredom of heaven would be even worse.” - Isaac Asimov
Fri May 11, 2012 11:03 pm
ImprobableJoeLime TordUser avatarPosts: 6195Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:24 pm

Bill Cosby?
Come visit my blog! There will be punch and pie!
Fri May 11, 2012 11:55 pm

To whet your appetite, the title of the first episode is Asylum of the Daleks.

:D

Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:28 pm

Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:13 pm

That's no moon...

Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:22 pm

Attack formation seven!

Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:06 am

Why is this not on my TV now?!
Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:28 pm

For the same reason it isn't on mine; fucking snooker or some other unimportant shit. (My dad used to actually phone Auntie when they'd cancel Star Trek for the snooker... Weird chap, that fellow.)

Although in all fairness, I let my licence expire this year as I no longer have a TV (it was just a dust magnet, really), so I should just shut up.

For the last couple of years I've watched it on my mate Mr Malaprop's 56" HD monolith anyhoots. Roll on September 1st!

Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:02 pm

The fact it didn't start in April as per has really thrown my calendar. At least it's on soon though.
Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:15 pm

So far so awesome. Asylum of the Daleks was brilliant.
Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:32 am

Agreed. The Guy who played the substitute Quatermain was a bit daft. I suppose daft suited the premise, though.

Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:08 am
)O( Hytegia )O(League LegendUser avatarPosts: 3135Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:27 pm Gender: Cake

I was watching some older reruns when I came across this gem.

I thought you guys would enjoy the notion.

Some would insinuate that being drunk at 9 in the morning to be signs of serious issues.
Me? I'd insinuate it as signs of no plans and a refrigerator full of Whiskey and Guinness.
Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:20 am

Bah, still two weeks to go. Maybe some proper spoilers soon.

Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:40 pm
Gnug215ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 2572Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:31 pm

Prolescum wrote:Bah, still two weeks to go. Maybe some proper spoilers soon.

Yes! Omg, only 2 weeks!

Well... and one day, actually.

... wait. What the... I though this was the Game of Thrones thread!!! Dammit!
- Gnug215

YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Gnug215

The horse is a ferocious predator.
Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:08 pm
Your Funny UncleUser avatarPosts: 556Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 11:38 amLocation: UK Gender: Male

Gnug215 wrote:
Prolescum wrote:Bah, still two weeks to go. Maybe some proper spoilers soon.

Yes! Omg, only 2 weeks!

Well... and one day, actually.

... wait. What the... I though this was the Game of Thrones thread!!! Dammit!

Yay for both!
“I don't believe in an afterlife, so I don't have to spend my whole life fearing hell, or fearing heaven even more. For whatever the tortures of hell, I think the boredom of heaven would be even worse.” - Isaac Asimov
Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:15 pm
PreviousNext
 [ 232 posts ] 
Return to TV, Film & Documentaries