Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Chocolate

[ 6 posts ] 
Chocolate
Anachronous RexLeague LegendUser avatarPosts: 2008Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:07 pmLocation: Kansas City, MO Gender: Male

Post Chocolate

Now I know what you're thinking... Chocolat, right?

But no, Chocolate, a surprisingly badass Thai martial arts film staring Yanin Vismistananda, who plays an autistic savant able to absorb martial arts technique by sight.

Seems like a campy premise I'll admit, but it's well executed and is both touching and funny. Probably the best part about the film are the homages however, because the main character's fighting skills are supposed to be based largely on old Kung Fu movies she necessarily imitates the styles of Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan, and so on; it's really fun to watch if you have any martial arts experience... or even if you don't but can spot the difference.
Our prefrontal lobes are too small. Much too small. That's a problem of the birth canal, I'm very sorry to say for those that like their birth canals... tight.
-C. Hitchens.
Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:31 am
dreddinPosts: 36Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:26 pm

Post Re: Chocolate

i bought that film a while back, ever since ong bak, i've been watching tons of thai films. Jeeja Yanin kicks ass, the end fight scene is nuts, especially when you watch the injuries sustained in the end credits

have you seen Raging Phoenix? it's her 2nd film
Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:54 pm
LallapalalableUser avatarPosts: 1205Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:35 pmLocation: That place between childhood and adulthood Gender: Male

:lol: I did think Chocolat at first

Not that into martial arts films, though, but Ill give it a gander.
"I'm not stupid, I just have a command of thoroughly useless information." Watterson
Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:56 pm
CosmicSporkLeague LegendUser avatarPosts: 929Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:36 pmLocation: UK Gender: Cake

Seen this a while ago, enjoyed it, some great martial arts, story was a bit naff but that's not really why you'd watch it.

There are a lot of good Thai martial arts films about, not always over the top acrobatics wise and sometimes quite brutal, they definately seem to connect sometimes!
“Nothing is as frustrating as arguing with someone who knows what he's talking about.” - Sam Ewing
Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:14 pm
australopithecusLime TordUser avatarPosts: 4346Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:27 pmLocation: Kernow Gender: Time Lord

I was expecting a thread about actual chocolate.

:cry:

Yes, I know it's the TV/Film forum, A MAN CAN DREAM CAN'T HE?!
Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:18 pm
Lurking_LogicUser avatarPosts: 103Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:25 am Gender: Male

I loved the movie

I was a bit reluctant to watch it at first (A fighting movie about a young autistic girl ) but it really got me into it the whole way
"What a book a devil's chaplain might write on the clumsy, wasteful, blundering, low and horribly cruel works of nature."
Charles Darwin
Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:43 am
 [ 6 posts ] 
Return to TV, Film & Documentaries