Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Moon

[ 21 posts ] 
Moon
AndromedasWakeLeague LegendUser avatarPosts: 598Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:38 pmLocation: Captain's Chair, League HQ Gender: Cake

Post Moon

Check out the trailer to Moon, a film due out this summer. It looks excellent. It's a directoral debut for Duncan Jones (son of David Bowie) which aims to capture the rare sci-fi brilliance of films like 2001 and Alien. IMO, only Sunshine and Solaris have managed similar things.

HD trailers at Apple.com or Youtube.
ImageImage
(( "We are 'star-stuff'. We are a way for the cosmos to know itself." - Carl Sagan | Music! | Twitter - [ AndromedasWake | SiriusStargazer ] ))
Sat May 02, 2009 3:46 pm
Kattarina98Posts: 22Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:45 pm

Post Re: Moon

Thank you! I'm a SciFi fan - can't wait to see it.
By the way, have you seen the original Russian "Solaris"? I prefer it over the remake.
Sun May 03, 2009 5:14 pm
AndromedasWakeLeague LegendUser avatarPosts: 598Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:38 pmLocation: Captain's Chair, League HQ Gender: Cake

Kattarina98 wrote:Thank you! I'm a SciFi fan - can't wait to see it.
By the way, have you seen the original Russian "Solaris"? I prefer it over the remake.

Yes I have, and I also prefer it over the remake ;)
ImageImage
(( "We are 'star-stuff'. We are a way for the cosmos to know itself." - Carl Sagan | Music! | Twitter - [ AndromedasWake | SiriusStargazer ] ))
Sun May 03, 2009 8:59 pm
OtokogoroshiUser avatarPosts: 400Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:03 amLocation: Phoenix, Arizona USA

WOW that looks like a great movie I can't wait to see it!

I'm an odd one. I tend not to care for science fiction books but I LOVE sci-fi movies!

Really I rather read real science than fiction but I love movies :)
Tout homme sensé, tout homme de bien, doit avoir la secte chrétienne en horreur.

Every sensible man, every honorable man, must hold the Christian sect in horror.
-Voltaire
Sun May 03, 2009 9:24 pm
darthrender2010User avatarPosts: 273Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:35 amLocation: Emmitsburg MD, USA

looks fricken amazing
"It's just a theory"
Theory of Gravity
Cell Theory
Atomic Theory
Theory of Evolution
Mon May 04, 2009 12:18 am
entermanUser avatarPosts: 148Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:06 pm

That looked amazing. I want that song from the trailer lol it sounded really nice.
Mon May 04, 2009 5:56 am

enterman wrote:That looked amazing. I want that song from the trailer lol it sounded really nice.

The music is from the score by Clint Mansell, one to watch I think! (I'm still DYING for the Sunshine score to be released on CD)

I also wanted to say - as I'm a real sucker for this kind of thing - that the final shot of the Earth rise is a very good approximation of the Earth in natural colour to the human eye. :)
ImageImage
Mon May 04, 2009 2:18 pm
PulsarUser avatarPosts: 872Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:52 pmLocation: Belgium

A HAL computer with emoticons??? Anyway, looks great. It's nice to see a revival of sci-fi. I'm looking forward to the Foundation trilogy (for those who haven't read the books, do it!!!). But, with Roland Emmerich (Independence Day, Godzilla) as director, I fear the worst...
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. - Robert McCloskey

Science doesn’t know everything … religion doesn’t know ANYTHING.
Mon May 04, 2009 8:38 pm

This is finally opening in my state this Friday. Who is going to see it besides me?
Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:37 am
ladiesman391User avatarPosts: 335Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:10 amLocation: Australia, Earth

Looks awesome, I love sci-fi movies, I've been waiting for a good release like this for a while, still have to wait til september for the Aus release though.
"Religion was a deliberate imposture devised by some cunning man for political ends." - Critias
"I shall argue that to seem to speak well of the gods to men is far easier than to speak well of men to men" - Critias
Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:46 am
OtokogoroshiUser avatarPosts: 400Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:03 amLocation: Phoenix, Arizona USA

I saw it on Sunday and it rocked my socks off. The moment I got out I called my brother who is a huge sci-fi fan and he instantly went out and saw it and loved it too. It's very classical sci-fi not that crap that you see coming out of theaters these days that is laughable. It was just... great.
Tout homme sensé, tout homme de bien, doit avoir la secte chrétienne en horreur.

Every sensible man, every honorable man, must hold the Christian sect in horror.
-Voltaire
Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:22 am

Otokogoroshi wrote:I saw it on Sunday and it rocked my socks off. The moment I got out I called my brother who is a huge sci-fi fan and he instantly went out and saw it and loved it too. It's very classical sci-fi not that crap that you see coming out of theaters these days that is laughable. It was just... great.

Awesome. That is exactly what I hoped it would be. I've got nearly my whole family and some friends going to see it, they enjoyed the trailer so much :P. I wanted to see this movie bad enough I downloaded at least 5 virus releases lol. Honestly, I believe Duncan Jones is some master hacker and put all these fakes out.
Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:15 am
DontHurtTheIntersectUser avatarPosts: 146Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:16 pmLocation: U.S.A

Cool beans!
"well if I don't get to take surveys or sell my body, it's a deal breaker"

DietBroccoli
Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:57 pm

Triumph and I went to see Moon recently, and it was everything I hoped and more. Completely unexpected, first day buy for me.
ImageImage
Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:54 pm
MarcusUser avatarPosts: 284Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:26 pmLocation: NW England

Yay, it's going to be on at my cinema from Friday! I'll make sure I see it.
"Anyone who cannot cope with mathematics is not fully human. At best he is a tolerable subhuman who has learned to wear shoes, bathe, and not make messes in the house." - Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:26 pm
australopithecusLime TordUser avatarPosts: 4347Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:27 pmLocation: Kernow Gender: Time Lord

It looks just stunning. They've made the moonscapes look every bit as beautiful as the sun in Sunshine. I'm just gutted it's not being shown in any cinemas as near to me as I'd like. DVD purchase I think. (Is it too much to ask for a Brian Cox-like commentary like in Sunshine?)
Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:58 pm
MarcusUser avatarPosts: 284Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:26 pmLocation: NW England

Saw it last night, and it is made of win.
"Anyone who cannot cope with mathematics is not fully human. At best he is a tolerable subhuman who has learned to wear shoes, bathe, and not make messes in the house." - Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:31 pm
CluebotPosts: 11Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:21 pm

Confirming that Moon is awesome. :D
Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:19 pm
CiraricUser avatarPosts: 172Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:28 amLocation: Scotland.

I really want to go see it but I do worry that it will be too much like 2001.
Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:04 pm

Ciraric wrote:I really want to go see it but I do worry that it will be too much like 2001.

Trust me, completely different ;) definitely worth the view.
Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:11 am
Next
 [ 21 posts ] 
Return to TV, Film & Documentaries