Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

What do you mean Emmerich will direct Foundation?

[ 6 posts ] 
What do you mean Emmerich will direct Foundation?
nasher168League LegendUser avatarPosts: 2518Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:34 pmLocation: Derby, UK Gender: Male

Post What do you mean Emmerich will direct Foundation?

Yup.
One of the greatest science fiction novels of all time is to be adapted by the director who brought us 2012... I'm rather pissed off.
This is fairly old news but it seems set to happen now, with a release date in perhaps 2011.

However, on one slight plus side, the person who wrote Saving Private Ryan will be doing the script.
Also, we'll be able to watch Hari Seldon develop psychohistory in mo-cap and 3D! Wow!

/rant
A great Charity
Apologies for my absence of late.
Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:51 pm
Your Funny UncleUser avatarPosts: 556Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 11:38 amLocation: UK Gender: Male

Post Re: What do you mean Emmerich will direct Foundation?

After the wonderful "adaptations" of I. Robot and Bicentennial Man, I'm not holding our much hope for this one...
“I don't believe in an afterlife, so I don't have to spend my whole life fearing hell, or fearing heaven even more. For whatever the tortures of hell, I think the boredom of heaven would be even worse.” - Isaac Asimov
Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:24 pm
ProlescumWebhamsterUser avatarPosts: 5009Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:41 pmLocation: Peptone-upon-Sores

if constructive debate is allowed to progress, better ideas will ultimately supplant worse ideas.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred
Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:48 pm
Anachronous RexLeague LegendUser avatarPosts: 2008Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:07 pmLocation: Kansas City, MO Gender: Male

Better to cut the children's throats now then let them suffer through yet another one of these...
Our prefrontal lobes are too small. Much too small. That's a problem of the birth canal, I'm very sorry to say for those that like their birth canals... tight.
-C. Hitchens.
Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:08 am
CepheiUser avatarPosts: 69Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:13 pmLocation: Norway Gender: Pinecone

Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:27 am
CabboUser avatarPosts: 9Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:53 pmLocation: Northern Ireland Gender: Male

FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Why even make a movie of it? The story doesn't lend itself to the big screen. This will be awful, no matter how it's scripted or directed, because they will want to change it to make it more 'commercial' (i.e. all the powerful pre- and post-war tension will be scrapped in favor of ZOMG LAZORZ.).

It's not fair.
Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:11 pm
 [ 6 posts ] 
Return to TV, Film & Documentaries