Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Ancient Aliens

[ 5 posts ] 
Ancient Aliens
CosmicJoghurtPodcasterUser avatarPosts: 808Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:59 pm Gender: Pinecone

Post Ancient Aliens

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qtjI8eGtvM

It's about the possibility that thousands of years ago, aliens visited the Earth and gave knowledge to our ancestors, blablabla.

I'm more focused on the History channel, though. I've always thought of the History Channel as an unbiased source of relevant, evidence-supported facts and stories about our past. Now I see it's become a sensationalist piece of crap that's more focused on putting dramatic background music behind bullshit claims, with a surprisingly biased narrator, than giving relevant info.

For example, in this case, they put loads of supporters of this crazy bullshit talking first, and then they put, for every 30 minutes of ancient alien supporters, 1 minute of the scientific opposition.

Well, fuck me! ... I just hadn't thought of how interesting it would be for aliens to show us their amazing stone placement technology and then leave.

Has the H channel got a new staff, new producer, new CEO, new something? Content has been fucked up.
Perception of reality results in interpretation of reality which results in a deformation of reality.
Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:33 pm
kenandkidsUser avatarPosts: 1117Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:00 pm Gender: Pinecone

Post Re: Ancient Aliens

CosmicJoghurt wrote:
Has the H channel got a new staff, new producer, new CEO, new something? Content has been fucked up.

It's been this way for quite some time now. Nearly all of their content is woo based that I can tell. Promoting christ stories, aliens, ghosts, Nostradamus, etc. seems to be the majority of their content now.

What really amused me about this particular show was the "master stoneworker" insisting that he Couldn't recreate or even mimic the the recessed cuts of the ancient stones. My uncle made grave stones for quite a while and never seemed to have difficulty with very similar cuts and recesses.
Teapublican commandment:
Thou shalt not educate or improve the lives of the lesser classes, the lesser races, or women.

Fiddler on:

http://obnoxi.us/
Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:45 pm
EnemynarwhalUser avatarPosts: 4Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:32 am Gender: Male

I marathoned that program once a few months ago, maybe I was in a giggly mood but man that show made me laugh really hard. It's almost like someone in a board meeting just asked if it were possible to relate every single event in human history to aliens and then they decided to just go for it and try. What a weird show.
Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:54 pm
CEbbesenPosts: 224Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:46 amLocation: Seoul, South Korea. Gender: Male

Well, this had to happen at some point

Nvidia, Fuck you!
- Linus Torvalds
Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:17 am
theyounghistorian77ContributorUser avatarPosts: 726Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:43 amLocation: United Kingdom Gender: Male

I think this says it all:

"Politics is weird, and creepy, and now I know lacks even the loosest attachment to anything like reality." - Shep Smith
Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:38 pm
 [ 5 posts ] 
Return to TV, Film & Documentaries