Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Whatcha reading at the moment?

[ 305 posts ] 
Whatcha reading at the moment?
ldmitrukUser avatarPosts: 217Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:47 pmLocation: Edmonton, Alberta Gender: Cake

Post Re: Whatcha reading at the moment?

SPQR: A History of Ancient Rome by Mary Beard
Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:29 pm
he_who_is_nobodyBloggerUser avatarPosts: 3123Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:36 amLocation: Albuquerque, New Mexico Gender: Male

Faking History - Jason Colavito
_BONES AND FOSSILS = LOVE_
(_'--------------------'_)
(_.--------------------._)
Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:55 am
YIM WWW
he_who_is_nobodyBloggerUser avatarPosts: 3123Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:36 amLocation: Albuquerque, New Mexico Gender: Male

The Bible Unearthed: Archaeology's New Vision of Ancient Isreal and the Origin of Sacred Texts - Israel Finkelstein and Neil Asher Silberman
_BONES AND FOSSILS = LOVE_
(_'--------------------'_)
(_.--------------------._)
Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:19 pm
YIM WWW
VisakiUser avatarPosts: 646Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:26 pmLocation: Helsinki, Finland Gender: Male

I snatched the first 15 book of the Horus Heresy series from Humble bundle for a bargain, so starting with Horus Rising I have my reading schedule full for a few months. If I like these there are another 26 books left, and the series is still running.
Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:54 am
WarKChat ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 1157Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:59 am Gender: Tree

I finished The Broken Empire trilogy yesterday. I found it a bit lacking. Characters seemed a bit flat.The main character in particular, did a lot of evil things for no purpose other than just to shock the reader. The plot seemed a bit contrived. Which was exaggerated by the fact that action jumps from "now" to "5 years ago" and back.
I liked the idea of a post-apocalyptic world.

I'm also listening to an audio book of Sharp Ends by Joe Abercrombie and I'm reading Arcanum Unbounded by Brandon Sanderson. Both are collections of short stories (based in The First Law universe and Cosmere respectively). Generally good, although, some of the stories in the latter are too short, they touch on something interesting without going into any details. From Sanderson I liked Emperor's soul and Mistborn: Secret History in particular.
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:46 pm
Previous
 [ 305 posts ] 
Return to Literature