Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

I'm writing a book.

[ 13 posts ] 
I'm writing a book.
FrengerBloggerUser avatarPosts: 831Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:50 pmLocation: Derby, UK Gender: Male

Post I'm writing a book.

Basically the idea is I join a new religion every week/few weeks depending on how much there is to see.

I've only just started it but the blog is here

It's meant to be light hearted and something the listeners of Radio 4 would enjoy. It's not ground-breaking, it's not particularly insightful and it's barely amusing. But it's something to do.

I join a Christian Church that puns a lot this Sunday and in a couple of weeks I shall be joining a Catholic Church.

I'm going to have a go at Jedi and Scientology later on in the year.

I have a friend who's a publicist and she's making me plug it, I figure it's less bad to annoy you guys with plugging it then it would be to annoy her by not plugging it, as she is aggressive when drunk.

Sorry.
Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:57 pm
FrengerBloggerUser avatarPosts: 831Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:50 pmLocation: Derby, UK Gender: Male

Post Re: I'm writing a book.

You may why I have put this in the "video" section?

Stupidity.
Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:59 pm
australopithecusAdministratorUser avatarPosts: 4235Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:27 pmLocation: Kernow Gender: Time Lord

I don't know what you're talking about.

I don't think anyone noticed. Quick, act natural.
Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:22 pm

seamless.

*high fives*
Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:30 pm
australopithecusAdministratorUser avatarPosts: 4235Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:27 pmLocation: Kernow Gender: Time Lord

So, I'm assuming then you've never been to a Catholic mass before then?
Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:57 pm

australopithecus wrote:So, I'm assuming then you've never been to a Catholic mass before then?

I've actually never been to anything even slightly religious before.

I'm errrrr *cough* , in for a shock, ain't I?
Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:17 pm
InfernoContributorUser avatarPosts: 2298Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:36 pmLocation: Vienna, Austria Gender: Cake

Depends on what the church is. What denomination, that is...

Good luck, I think it's an excellent idea. A slightly different form of "the year of living religiously". If there's one thing that can prepare you for your journey, it's that book.
"Sometimes people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed." ― Friedrich Nietzsche

"I shall achieve my objectives through the power... of Science!" --LessWrong
Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:24 pm

Frenger wrote:I've actually never been to anything even slightly religious before.

I'm errrrr *cough* , in for a shock, ain't I?

Well if you like being bored in a drawn out, monotonous kind of way, then Catholic mass is for you! Coming up to Easter, you're in for a treat.
Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:30 pm

Inferno wrote:Depends on what the church is. What denomination, that is...

A colleague at work says she her friend is a Catholic and will "take me under her wing". I'm trying to go in as empty as possible so as not to lead anything, I want it to be about the people I meet really.

Good luck, I think it's an excellent idea.

Thanks! When I get to Scientology, we'll probably have to redefine "excellent idea" as I will likely be murdered.

A slightly different form of "the year of living religiously". If there's one thing that can prepare you for your journey, it's that book.

ORDERED! This looks awesome, thanks for the tip.
Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:34 pm

australopithecus wrote:Well if you like being bored in a drawn out, monotonous kind of way, then Catholic mass is for you! Coming up to Easter, you're in for a treat.

Fuck a duck. I went to my first Catholic Mass yesterday.

Have they not heard of the pentatonic scale? Has there been a shortage on notes and pitches?

It was as dull as lying face down on a beige carpet.
Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:39 pm

The day the priest did the funeral drunk was probably the most entertaining mass I'd seen, by a long way.
Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:40 pm

australopithecus wrote:The day the priest did the funeral drunk was probably the most entertaining mass I'd seen, by a long way.

Was it this man?

Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:48 am

Not a million miles off.
Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:32 pm
 [ 13 posts ] 
Return to Literature