Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

JTHM

[ 3 posts ] 
JTHM
LallapalalableUser avatarPosts: 1205Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:35 pmLocation: That place between childhood and adulthood Gender: Male

Post JTHM

I recently picked up my Johnny the Homicidal Maniac Director's Cut book, and remembered why Invader Zim got canceled. Also, I remembered why my junior year in high school was so fun.

But, seriously, I love this book, and the others by Jonen Vasquez (especially Squee :D ). It has gratuitous bloodshed, deep dialogue and that tongue-in-cheek humor in the backgrounds. I know some members here have an appreciation for this book, and would just like to hear your input on what made this the classic it is.

For me, Johnny's conversations with St Peter and Satan were pretty thought provoking, and the Noodleboy comics were just bizarre enough that they can be construed as modern art.
"I'm not stupid, I just have a command of thoroughly useless information." Watterson
Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:32 pm
DepricatedZeroChat ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 1326Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 11:43 amLocation: Cincinnati, OH Gender: Pinecone

Post Re: JTHM

omg I haven't seen any JTHM stuff since I was in high school

I'm joying for you. I don't even know what else to say.
SQUEE!!!!!!!!
Why does my life have to be so small
And death is forever
And does forever have a life to call its own?
Don't give me an answer cause you only know
As much as I know
Unless you've been there once
And I hardly think so

Green Day - One of My Lies
Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:54 pm
LallapalalableUser avatarPosts: 1205Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:35 pmLocation: That place between childhood and adulthood Gender: Male

Post Re: JTHM

Ive noticed since I started rereading this that I have an insatiable craving for cherry slushies...
"I'm not stupid, I just have a command of thoroughly useless information." Watterson
Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:27 pm
 [ 3 posts ] 
Return to Literature