where else can you find us?

The League of Reason still has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Ray Bradbury

[ 3 posts ] 
Ray Bradbury
Aught3ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 4290Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:36 amLocation: New Zealand Gender: Male

Post Ray Bradbury

Since it is his birthday today (August 22nd), it gives me the perfect opportunity to post this great video I saw on Pharyngula (NSFW).

Also a link to his two best books:
Fahrenheit 451
The Martian Chronicles

Anyone have any other favourites?
Wanderer, there is no path, the path is made by walking.
Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:18 pm
Anachronous RexLeague LegendUser avatarPosts: 2008Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:07 pmLocation: Kansas City, MO Gender: Male

Post Re: Ray Bradbury

Well I enjoyed that immensely.
Our prefrontal lobes are too small. Much too small. That's a problem of the birth canal, I'm very sorry to say for those that like their birth canals... tight.
-C. Hitchens.
Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:43 pm
LallapalalableUser avatarPosts: 1205Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:35 pmLocation: That place between childhood and adulthood Gender: Male

Post Re: Ray Bradbury

"A Sound of Thunder", as it was the first thing of his I read. Also introduced me to the butterfly effect.

Further, would that be where the term originated, or did he use the name to decide what caused the changes?
"I'm not stupid, I just have a command of thoroughly useless information." Watterson
Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:13 pm
 [ 3 posts ] 
Return to Literature