Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Long Pork

[ 8 posts ] 
Long Pork
DepricatedZeroChat ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 1326Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 11:43 amLocation: Cincinnati, OH Gender: Pinecone

Post Long Pork

Who thought this was a penis joke and who knew what I was talking about from the thread title?

I'm seriously baffled. I made a joke about someone eating long pork in a CSS game and got banned for being blatantly disrespectful to the admin. Illiterate twat.
Why does my life have to be so small
And death is forever
And does forever have a life to call its own?
Don't give me an answer cause you only know
As much as I know
Unless you've been there once
And I hardly think so

Green Day - One of My Lies
Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:33 am
DutchLiam84User avatarPosts: 382Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:27 pmLocation: Eurasian Plate Gender: Time Lord

Post Re: Long Pork

I have absolutely no idea what this means!
Nom...I bewieeeeeve....nom nom nom...I have faith in Eviwution
You can find me in Montreal, in a bitching arcade! I'm proud of my gun, and I pood in space!
Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:26 pm
ImprobableJoeLime TordUser avatarPosts: 6195Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:24 pm

Cannibalism. I seem to remember Robert Heinlein using the phrase once or twice, probably in Farnham's Freehold and/or Stranger in a Strange Land.
Come visit my blog! There will be punch and pie!
Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:51 pm
lrkunUser avatarPosts: 3831Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:37 pmLocation: R. Gender: Tree

Long pork is human meat. Atleast, it is a dish made of human meat. It's not a penis joke, it's cannibalism.
Unsupport unthink.
Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:36 pm
DepricatedZeroChat ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 1326Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 11:43 amLocation: Cincinnati, OH Gender: Pinecone

There are a number of other sources as well, I think Melville somewhere but I can't find it, might have just touched on cannibalism. There's a recent movie, Long Pigs, a sketch in Robot Chicken, a comment in one of the Hannibal books(I think Red Dragon? He gave a recipe for pork). Cannibal: the Musical draws out the joke in the background but never actually presents it in dialogue. Sweeney Todd mentions that Mrs. Lovett is selling "veal and pork pies."

Point being, it's a fairly common euphemism for human flesh. It even has non-literary origin in Polynesia.

:facepalm:
Why does my life have to be so small
And death is forever
And does forever have a life to call its own?
Don't give me an answer cause you only know
As much as I know
Unless you've been there once
And I hardly think so

Green Day - One of My Lies
Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:08 am
dav37777777BannedUser avatarPosts: 77Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:56 pm Gender: Male

if you got banned then how did you get back in?
Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:23 am
borrofburiModeratorPosts: 3508Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:27 pm Gender: Male

dav37777777 wrote:if you got banned then how did you get back in?

Err... he didn't... He didn't get banned from LoR, but some gaming place or something.
Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:52 am
dav37777777BannedUser avatarPosts: 77Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:56 pm Gender: Male

borrofburi wrote:
dav37777777 wrote:if you got banned then how did you get back in?

Err... he didn't... He didn't get banned from LoR, but some gaming place or something.[/quote

someone got banned on the recent sticky post.....i wonder who it was :o
Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:22 am
 [ 8 posts ] 
Return to Literature