Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Samsung laptops

[ 7 posts ] 
Samsung laptops
Duvelthehobbit666User avatarPosts: 1136Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:39 pmLocation: On a pale blue dot Gender: Male

Post Samsung laptops

How good are samsung laptops with gaming? My graphics card is slowly giving me the finger and crashing, so I want to know if samsung makes laptops that are good for gaming. I am also looking at Lenovo, MSI, or Asus. Right now it looks like either an MSI or Lenovo.

"Beer, the cause of - and solution to - all of lifes problems" Homer Simpson

I have a blog now
Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:16 pm
ProlescumWebhamsterUser avatarPosts: 5000Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:41 pmLocation: Peptone-upon-Sores

Post Re: Samsung laptops

I don't think whomever builds the chassis is all that important...

The choice is really between integrated or standalone graphics cards. Also, the games you're likely to play.

I have an AMD E2-3000 APU with an integrated Radeon HD 6380G which works for the games I play (Dungeon Keeper 2, Age of Mythology et al) on Linux.

I recall that Star Trek Online was pretty snappy on Windows if that helps (it doesn't).

:D
if constructive debate is allowed to progress, better ideas will ultimately supplant worse ideas.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred
Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:54 pm
Duvelthehobbit666User avatarPosts: 1136Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:39 pmLocation: On a pale blue dot Gender: Male

Going to change the topic a bit. What is the better free office program? Should I get Libre Office of Open Office? OS is windows 8 by the way.

"Beer, the cause of - and solution to - all of lifes problems" Homer Simpson

I have a blog now
Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:01 am
scalyblueUser avatarPosts: 1417Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:02 am

Duvelthehobbit666 wrote:Going to change the topic a bit. What is the better free office program? Should I get Libre Office of Open Office? OS is windows 8 by the way.

libreoffice and openoffice are both branches of the same trunk, with different philosophies.

To answer your OP, the manufacturer doesn't matter as much as the performance of the selected components.
我が力 我が身となりて
共に滅びの道を歩まん
神々の魂すらも打ち砕き
Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:52 pm
ProlescumWebhamsterUser avatarPosts: 5000Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:41 pmLocation: Peptone-upon-Sores

Duvelthehobbit666 wrote:Going to change the topic a bit. What is the better free office program? Should I get Libre Office of Open Office? OS is windows 8 by the way.

I suggest Libre Office because fuck Oracle. I presume either works fine in Windows 8.

Oh, probably not the RT version (because fuck x86 I guess).
if constructive debate is allowed to progress, better ideas will ultimately supplant worse ideas.

Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:37 pm
WarKChat ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 1178Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:59 am Gender: Tree

Prolescum wrote:
I suggest Libre Office because fuck Oracle.

Open Office is now an Apache Foundation project.

You can download either of them and decide yourself which one suits your needs.
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:15 pm

Oh yeah, forgot about that. Silly sods (Oracle).

Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:39 pm
 [ 7 posts ] 
Return to Gaming