Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Is The Lord of the Rings Online any good?

[ 7 posts ] 
Is The Lord of the Rings Online any good?
nasher168League LegendUser avatarPosts: 2518Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:34 pmLocation: Derby, UK Gender: Male

Post Is The Lord of the Rings Online any good?

Basically, it's now free and I'm debating whether to get it. If anyone here plays or played it, is it worth the disc space or shall I not bother?
A great Charity
Apologies for my absence of late.
Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:49 pm
Duvelthehobbit666User avatarPosts: 1136Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:39 pmLocation: On a pale blue dot Gender: Male

Post Re: Is The Lord of the Rings Online any good?

I haven't played it so I don't know. But you can always try it anyways. Seeing that it is free you really have nothing to lose except time. So I say give it a try.

"Beer, the cause of - and solution to - all of lifes problems" Homer Simpson

I have a blog now
Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:56 pm
scalyblueUser avatarPosts: 1417Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:02 am

nasher168 wrote:Basically, it's now free and I'm debating whether to get it. If anyone here plays or played it, is it worth the disc space or shall I not bother?

you're asking advice about something that's free.

It's like wow lite, made by turbine, the geniuses who brought us asheron's call.

If you want a more engrossing game, get dwarf fortress.
我が力 我が身となりて
共に滅びの道を歩まん
神々の魂すらも打ち砕き
Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:08 pm
nasher168League LegendUser avatarPosts: 2518Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:34 pmLocation: Derby, UK Gender: Male

It's a 10GB download, which is why I'm asking. I don't want to download it only to find it's crap.
A great Charity
Apologies for my absence of late.
Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:28 pm
Duvelthehobbit666User avatarPosts: 1136Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:39 pmLocation: On a pale blue dot Gender: Male

Well I have started playing it and up to now it is not that bad.

"Beer, the cause of - and solution to - all of lifes problems" Homer Simpson

I have a blog now
Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:05 pm
DepricatedZeroChat ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 1333Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 11:43 amLocation: Cincinnati, OH Gender: Pinecone

scalyblue wrote:If you want a more engrossing game, get dwarf fortress.

Now now, that's like saying Atlas Shrugged is a more engrossing alternative to Green Eggs and Ham
Why does my life have to be so small
And death is forever
And does forever have a life to call its own?
Don't give me an answer cause you only know
As much as I know
Unless you've been there once
And I hardly think so

Green Day - One of My Lies
Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:08 pm
LallapalalableUser avatarPosts: 1205Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:35 pmLocation: That place between childhood and adulthood Gender: Male

Its pretty good, the free areas seem boundless at first but once you get to a high enough level you feel a little 'trapped'. you can go 'vip' for 15 USDs a month giving you full access (you can do just one month at a time), or you can buy points and get whole areas permanently.

Other than that, its a grittier WoW based on middle earth, and I have loads of fun with it.
"I'm not stupid, I just have a command of thoroughly useless information." Watterson
Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:09 pm
 [ 7 posts ] 
Return to Gaming