Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

What are you playing right now?

[ 277 posts ] 
What are you playing right now?
MarkyElliottPosts: 6Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:14 pmLocation: England Gender: Male

Post Re: What are you playing right now?

Been playing Airmech a while now, it's a RTS game with transforming mechs, where you use units to take over bases in a attempt to destroy the enemy base. It's still in beta though

https://www.carbongames.com/signup.html?id=CrypticSpark

My username is "CrypticSpark" if you want to play with me, there's also a referral quest (you get points for completing, and I do if you get to a certain level)
Last edited by MarkyElliott on Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:38 pm
malicious_blokeUser avatarPosts: 305Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:12 pmLocation: Proper Westcountry Gender: Male

More Hearts of Iron 2, playing as Nationalist China.

I banhammered all the various separatist chinese factions including the communists before the end of 1936 then Japan declared war on me, but by this point I already had a decent size pile of infantry ready to repel their invasion.

By mid 1938 i'd driven them out of manchuria, annexed manchukuo and now i'm just getting set up to try and take the home islands. Temporarily at least I have to cede naval superiority but a bit of sneaky production of close air support is serving me surprisingly well at defending my coastline.

A bit later I might actually try and build some proper NAV bombers but by that point japan wont be an issue and i'm still on good terms with the US, so it may not be worth developing that much anti-navy power. Especially when you take into account my potential upcoming land war with the evil Soviets :)
[sarcasm ][/sarcasm ]

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it
Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:42 pm
LallapalalableUser avatarPosts: 1205Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:35 pmLocation: That place between childhood and adulthood Gender: Male

Star Wars: Empire at War
Moar Skyrim, but once Oblivion arrives this may take a back seat
then in the portable department there's Pokemon: Fire Red and Age of Empires: Age of Kings.

It's like I didn't even mind being suspended from work for a week for coming in an hour late two days in a row.
"I'm not stupid, I just have a command of thoroughly useless information." Watterson
Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:28 am
DustniteUser avatarPosts: 519Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 9:11 pm Gender: Cake

Lallapalalable wrote:Star Wars: Empire at War.

Does this play like the Homeworld series?
"But this is irrelevant because in either case, whether a god exists or not, whether your God (with a capital G) exists or not, it doesn't matter. We both are, in either case, evolved apes. " - Nesslig20
Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:23 am
IBSpifyUser avatarPosts: 456Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:06 am Gender: Pinecone

this weekend i've been going to the Norcal Regional fighting game tournament, and have been playing an early build of DiveKick, and i will say, this is the greatest game ever, I would love it if people could go to steams greenlight section and Greenlight Divekick
Contrary to popular belief, full-immersion holographic sex will not destroy society.

Full-immersion holographic sex achievement points will destroy society
Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:08 am

Playing League of Legends and War Thunder mostly as of late. I'm on US servers tho.
"But this is irrelevant because in either case, whether a god exists or not, whether your God (with a capital G) exists or not, it doesn't matter. We both are, in either case, evolved apes. " - Nesslig20
Thu May 02, 2013 12:22 am
LaurensSocial EditorUser avatarPosts: 2952Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:24 pmLocation: Norwich UK Gender: Male

I'm playing Black on the PS2 at the moment. Its good fun, but the inability to save your progress during the mission is a bit shit.
Like the League of Reason on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter

Shameless Self-Promotion
Listen to my music on Soundcloud
Like my music page on Facebook
Fri May 03, 2013 10:03 pm
LaurensSocial EditorUser avatarPosts: 2952Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:24 pmLocation: Norwich UK Gender: Male

I've just recently got into Neverwinter

That's a pretty awesome game
Follow us on Twitter

Shameless Self-Promotion
Thu May 16, 2013 10:41 pm
Duvelthehobbit666User avatarPosts: 1136Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:39 pmLocation: On a pale blue dot Gender: Male

Just discovered minecraft. Playing on a friend's server. Wow that shit is addicting.

"Beer, the cause of - and solution to - all of lifes problems" Homer Simpson

I have a blog now
Thu May 16, 2013 11:17 pm
NothPodcasterUser avatarPosts: 335Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:25 pmLocation: the Nether-regions Gender: Male

Just finished Dreamfall: The Longest Journey, the sequal to the original The Longest Journey.

It is graphically good for its day, I suppose, but it suffers from some gameplay issues that make it a little frustrating at times (shark camera, shoddy movement on occasions, horrible fighting mechanics). That said, story-wise it's one of the greatest things out there if you're into long dialogues and all that jazz.

It does have a cliff-hanger ending (which I shan't spoil) which I was a bit disappointed by (who can blame me for wanting more?). However, the people behind the two Longest Journey games are currently making the sequal to Dreamfall after a successful kickstarter campaign. So there's hope on the horizon for a completion of this fantastic story.
Fri May 17, 2013 12:07 am
australopithecusAdministratorUser avatarPosts: 4287Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:27 pmLocation: Kernow Gender: Time Lord

Aside from KSP, I've just re-bought Fable 3, so I will be playing that now. YAY!
Fri May 17, 2013 12:55 pm
malicious_blokeUser avatarPosts: 305Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:12 pmLocation: Proper Westcountry Gender: Male

Still messing about with TNT cannons in minecraft.

My latest offering:

Quite a lot of obliterative potential :)
[sarcasm ][/sarcasm ]

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it
Tue May 21, 2013 12:10 pm

So this week I started off with a 9 year old desktop...

I whacked a new motherboard in it, and a graphics card, as well as the hard drive from my old laptop.

Now it runs new games fairly decently... Pretty good going I say.

I've just been getting into Farcry 3
Follow us on Twitter

Shameless Self-Promotion
Sun May 26, 2013 11:44 pm
Duvelthehobbit666User avatarPosts: 1136Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:39 pmLocation: On a pale blue dot Gender: Male

Bought the Humble Bundle a couple of days ago and been having fun playing some of those games.

"Beer, the cause of - and solution to - all of lifes problems" Homer Simpson

I have a blog now
Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:24 am

Noth wrote:Just finished Dreamfall: The Longest Journey, the sequal to the original The Longest Journey.

It is graphically good for its day, I suppose, but it suffers from some gameplay issues that make it a little frustrating at times (shark camera, shoddy movement on occasions, horrible fighting mechanics). That said, story-wise it's one of the greatest things out there if you're into long dialogues and all that jazz.

It does have a cliff-hanger ending (which I shan't spoil) which I was a bit disappointed by (who can blame me for wanting more?). However, the people behind the two Longest Journey games are currently making the sequal to Dreamfall after a successful kickstarter campaign. So there's hope on the horizon for a completion of this fantastic story.

The first game was a giant cliffhanger too and the 2nd game basically just jumped right in with little concern for the last game. Now I hear they wont be making a third :(
Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:59 am
NothPodcasterUser avatarPosts: 335Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:25 pmLocation: the Nether-regions Gender: Male

Dustnite wrote:The first game was a giant cliffhanger too and the 2nd game basically just jumped right in with little concern for the last game. Now I hear they wont be making a third :(

Where'd you hear they won't be making a third?
As far as I know this is still on.
Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:49 pm

Noth wrote:Where'd you hear they won't be making a third?
As far as I know this is still on.

I thought the project lost funding, but I havent checked in a couple years. If they end this one in a cliffhanger too I'm going to be pissed.
Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:22 pm

They did a successful kickstarter campaign, so they have the funding now :)
I believe their aim was to round up all the loose ends from, at least, Dreamfall. I don't know how much unresolved stuff from The Longest Journey they'll tackle, but to be honest it's been so long I played that one I couldn't remember much of the details.
Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:19 pm
UlyssesHawkePosts: 8Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:50 pm Gender: Male

For now - Borderlands 2 on pc.

Btw - I'm a space sim nerd, starting with Wing Commander in 1990 (on an amazing A600 with 1 MB RAM... ;) ) up to freespace, I-War, Tachyon and Tie-Fighter.
Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:26 pm
IBSpifyUser avatarPosts: 456Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:06 am Gender: Pinecone

Right now i'm playing Divekick on Steam, the game is amazing and at just 10 bucks it's a great buy, so get the game, go online and be prepared "to get bopped son."
Contrary to popular belief, full-immersion holographic sex will not destroy society.

Full-immersion holographic sex achievement points will destroy society
Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:14 pm
PreviousNext
 [ 277 posts ] 
Return to Gaming