Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

What are you playing right now?

[ 276 posts ] 
What are you playing right now?
InfernoContributorUser avatarPosts: 2298Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:36 pmLocation: Vienna, Austria Gender: Cake

Post Re: What are you playing right now?

Started AC-Unity. Not as bad as I had feared, not as good as it could have been. Spoilers below.

"Sometimes people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed." ― Friedrich Nietzsche

"I shall achieve my objectives through the power... of Science!" --LessWrong
Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:13 am
DustniteUser avatarPosts: 518Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 9:11 pm Gender: Cake

Also remember in the earlier AC games, you could gently push people out of the way when you were trying to blend in. They took it out in AC4 and apparently it's still gone.

Ubisoft keeps dumbing down this game to pump it out faster...
"But this is irrelevant because in either case, whether a god exists or not, whether your God (with a capital G) exists or not, it doesn't matter. We both are, in either case, evolved apes. " - Nesslig20
Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:31 am
InfernoContributorUser avatarPosts: 2298Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:36 pmLocation: Vienna, Austria Gender: Cake

Dustnite wrote:Also remember in the earlier AC games, you could gently push people out of the way when you were trying to blend in. They took it out in AC4 and apparently it's still gone.

Ubisoft keeps dumbing down this game to pump it out faster...

Yes.
All you can do now is run through the crowd and he automatically pushes the people away. It doesn't work as well because guards can still see you when you do that. I think it's a bad development as well.

Also, I hate the way you fire guns and pistols. I had a rifle once but it's so much more worse than a sword, I gave up on it immediately. Also, I couldn't fire it.
Pistols and darts... You have to aim at your target, click "fire", at which point Arno takes out the gun and fires, causing him to slightly jerk and sometimes miss the target. Why isn't it like in the old days, where you aimed with the gun already out?

I am very annoyed with AC1234 whatever number we're at.
"Sometimes people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed." ― Friedrich Nietzsche

"I shall achieve my objectives through the power... of Science!" --LessWrong
Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:55 am
tuxboxLeague LegendUser avatarPosts: 1172Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:05 amLocation: Vero Beach Gender: Tree

I'm playing Resident Evil Code: Veronica X
"Belief in a cruel God makes a cruel man." ~ Thomas Paine
Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:39 am
australopithecusAdministratorUser avatarPosts: 4282Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:27 pmLocation: Kernow Gender: Time Lord

Switching between GTA5 and replaying Red Dead Redemption.
Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:29 pm
CollecemallPosts: 338Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:53 am

I'm still playing COD2 and COD4 on PC. I've tried most of the ones since then but they are terrible on PC. Feel free to join me for a game. You will likely lose :)
"Every man is a creature of the age in which he lives, and few are able to raise themselves above the ideas of their time."
“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ~~Voltaire
Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:15 am
VisakiUser avatarPosts: 765Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:26 pmLocation: Helsinki, Finland Gender: Male

War thunder, Payday 2, BF4, just got the Diablo 3 expansion from a sale. Common nominator being that I play those with a few friends.

Thought about getting the new WoW expansion but I don't have the fire I used to have for that, even for casual playing, so that's on hold. Hoping to get the new Civ from Steam holiday sales for some reasonable price.
Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:17 am
CEbbesenPosts: 224Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:46 amLocation: Seoul, South Korea. Gender: Male

Hearthstone, because I am stuck on a Macbook Pro.
Nvidia, Fuck you!
- Linus Torvalds
Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:29 pm

Playing Wasteland 2 and Divinity Original Sin right now.

Wasteland is friggin hard!
"But this is irrelevant because in either case, whether a god exists or not, whether your God (with a capital G) exists or not, it doesn't matter. We both are, in either case, evolved apes. " - Nesslig20
Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:12 pm
tuxboxLeague LegendUser avatarPosts: 1172Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:05 amLocation: Vero Beach Gender: Tree

EA Sports NCAA Football '14
Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:42 pm
LallapalalableUser avatarPosts: 1205Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:35 pmLocation: That place between childhood and adulthood Gender: Male

Anyone else playing either Alpha Sapphire or Omega Ruby?
"I'm not stupid, I just have a command of thoroughly useless information." Watterson
Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:48 am

I'm currently playing Destiny on a Xbox 360. Has anyone played this game? I freakin love it!
Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:55 pm

Inferno wrote:Started AC-Unity. Not as bad as I had feared, not as good as it could have been. Spoilers below.

I'm buying it when I get a Xbox One. Thanks for your thoughts on the game.
Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:56 pm

I've switch to tabletop RPGs and rekindled my love for them. I'm about to start a new adventure path in Pathfinder on Roll20 if anyone is interested.
Thu May 14, 2015 7:30 pm
MugnutsBloggerUser avatarPosts: 383Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:13 am Gender: Male

Why can't I stop playing Destiny? It's the same thing over and over yet...must get more weapons, must get stronger.
"In the end theologians are jealous of science, for they are aware that it has greater authority than do their own ways of finding “truth”: dogma, authority, and revelation. Science does find truth, faith does not. " - Jerry Coyne
Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:16 am

Mugnuts wrote:Why can't I stop playing Destiny? It's the same thing over and over yet...must get more weapons, must get stronger.

:lol:

My brother has the same problem. He is do addicted to that game. What platform are you playing it on?
Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:49 pm

Halo: The Master Chief Collection
Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:25 pm
LaurensSocial EditorUser avatarPosts: 2950Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:24 pmLocation: Norwich UK Gender: Male

I got a nice racing wheel so I've been playing Euro Truck Simulator 2 and listening to podcasts.

So chilled 8-)
Like the League of Reason on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter

Shameless Self-Promotion
Listen to my music on Soundcloud
Like my music page on Facebook
Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:45 pm
VisakiUser avatarPosts: 765Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:26 pmLocation: Helsinki, Finland Gender: Male

Dying Light. It's like Mirrors Edge but with zombies.
Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:01 pm
LaurensSocial EditorUser avatarPosts: 2950Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:24 pmLocation: Norwich UK Gender: Male

Fallout 4

I'm already noticing things that need to be modded.... Like where are my fucking legs in first person?
Like the League of Reason on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter

Shameless Self-Promotion
Listen to my music on Soundcloud
Like my music page on Facebook
Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:40 pm
PreviousNext
 [ 276 posts ] 
Return to Gaming