Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Human Origins The grand conspiracy!!

[ 4 posts ] 
Human Origins The grand conspiracy!!
CollecemallPosts: 324Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:53 am

Post Human Origins The grand conspiracy!!

Facebook is a treasure trove for this garbage but this particular conspiracy theory makes me laugh. Having said that I'm not educated enough to deny the claims with facts. Since things are so dead lately maybe we can have a discussion on this. So what's wrong here, what are the mistakes, what's just plain BS, etc.
"Every man is a creature of the age in which he lives, and few are able to raise themselves above the ideas of their time."
“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ~~Voltaire
Last edited by Collecemall on Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:31 am
he_who_is_nobodyBloggerUser avatarPosts: 3164Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:36 amLocation: Albuquerque, New Mexico Gender: Male

Post Re: Human Origins The grand conspiracy!!

Collecemall wrote:

Forbidden Archaeology is nothing more than half-truths and outright hoaxes. The host right at the beginning gives one good example of this (two minutes in), he mentions the Paluxy River “Man Tracks.” The true story is that some of the dinosaur tracks looked like giant human prints, thus the story was started that human prints were found there. Than during the Great Depression people started carving human tracks and selling them to make money. Again, this is a great example of a half-truth and hoaxes working together to perpetuate a modern myth.

Now, here are my go-to sources for fringe archaeology, Jason Colavito and Archaeology Fantasies. I honestly do not have the time to sit through forty-eight and a half minutes of nonsense (even though watching fringe documentaries is one of my favorite things to do) at this time. However, cross check the claims made in that pseudo-documentary and if neither one of them cover it, leave the time when the claim is made and I will put it to bed.
_BONES AND FOSSILS = LOVE_
(_'--------------------'_)
(_.--------------------._)
Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:41 pm
YIM WWW
MowersNew MemberPosts: 1Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:32 pm Gender: Male

I always wonder how people come up with this stuff? Are they just trolling or what?
Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:00 am
Gnug215ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 2520Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:31 pm

Mowers wrote:I always wonder how people come up with this stuff? Are they just trolling or what?

Hi, I somehow missed your post and only managed to approve it now. Apologies.

As to your question... I don't think these people are trolling. Proper faking of stupidity is actually really, really hard, so it's very rare.

It's a lot easier to just be genuinely stupid, and having one's simple mind try desperately and incompetently to come up with answers to hard questions.
- Gnug215

YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Gnug215

The horse is a ferocious predator.
Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:31 am
 [ 4 posts ] 
Return to General Scepticism