Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Responsible Quantum Speculation

[ 24 posts ] 
Responsible Quantum Speculation
Collin237Posts: 11Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:26 pm

Post Re: Responsible Quantum Speculation

Dragan Glas, you seem to be talking past me. Let's just agree we don't understand each other.
Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:22 pm
Dragan GlasContributorUser avatar
Posts: 2860Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:55 amLocation: Ireland Gender: Male

Greetings,

Collin237 wrote:Dragan Glas, you seem to be talking past me. Let's just agree we don't understand each other.

Then I have the same problem as SpecialFrog - and that is strange that both of us are sharing the same problem with the same poster.

Perhaps you should actually clarify what it is you're seeking.

Your first post seems to be dissatisfied with scientists not sticking to science. You later extend this to their getting involved in writing books.

If scientists don't educate people about science - who is competent to do so?

Kindest regards,

James
"The Word of God is the Creation we behold and it is in this Word, which no human invention can counterfeit or alter, that God speaketh universally to man."
The Age Of Reason
Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:27 pm
he_who_is_nobodyBloggerUser avatarPosts: 3222Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:36 amLocation: Albuquerque, New Mexico Gender: Male

Collin237 wrote:
If you do not mind me asking, Collin237, but do you have the mathematical knowledge to understand what is being discussed in modern physics.

I think I do have a fair amount. I would definitely like to talk to this person and learn more.

Well, the message was sent. Let us see if she is interested.
_BONES AND FOSSILS = LOVE_
(_'--------------------'_)
(_.--------------------._)
Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:03 am
YIM WWW
Collin237Posts: 11Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:26 pm

Perhaps you should actually clarify what it is you're seeking.

There is one website I found that seems to be doing what I'm looking for. At the risk of sounding like a spammer:
http://www.thefunisreal.com/

Then I have the same problem as SpecialFrog - and that is strange that both of us are sharing the same problem with the same poster.

Is it me, or is it Stenger? You and SpecialFrog both seem to have some attachment to this one specific book. When I expressed doubt about the title, you tried to defend the reputation of the author. Lighten up, it's just a book! Most religious people can accept more criticism of their own Bible than you did of this supposed science book!
Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:27 am
Previous
 [ 24 posts ] 
Return to General Scepticism