Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Andrew Wakefield Struck Off

[ 5 posts ] 
Andrew Wakefield Struck Off
Your Funny UncleUser avatarPosts: 556Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 11:38 amLocation: UK Gender: Male

Post Andrew Wakefield Struck Off

“I don't believe in an afterlife, so I don't have to spend my whole life fearing hell, or fearing heaven even more. For whatever the tortures of hell, I think the boredom of heaven would be even worse.” - Isaac Asimov
Mon May 24, 2010 10:54 am
AndromedasWakeLeague LegendUser avatarPosts: 598Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:38 pmLocation: Captain's Chair, League HQ Gender: Cake

Post Re: Andrew Wakefield Struck Off

Justice!

For those wanting the full story, the 15 page comic PZ Myers linked to is an entertaining (and sickening) read.

Of course, the anti-vax movement is going to portray this as yet another malevolent deed by the big bad medical conspiracy... who are made up of lizards?
ImageImage
(( "We are 'star-stuff'. We are a way for the cosmos to know itself." - Carl Sagan | Music! | Twitter - [ AndromedasWake | SiriusStargazer ] ))
Mon May 24, 2010 11:14 am
Your Funny UncleUser avatarPosts: 556Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 11:38 amLocation: UK Gender: Male

Yes that comic is great!

You are right that Wakefield will now undoubtedly become some kind of martyr to the anti-vax cause, but at least he can't practice real medicine any more.
“I don't believe in an afterlife, so I don't have to spend my whole life fearing hell, or fearing heaven even more. For whatever the tortures of hell, I think the boredom of heaven would be even worse.” - Isaac Asimov
Mon May 24, 2010 11:30 am
Gnug215ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 2682Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:31 pm

Your Funny Uncle wrote:Yes that comic is great!

You are right that Wakefield will now undoubtedly become some kind of martyr to the anti-vax cause, but at least he can't practice real medicine any more.

I think he already is a martyr for them.

Great cartoon there. They should make more stories like that. ;)
- Gnug215

YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Gnug215

The horse is a ferocious predator.
Mon May 24, 2010 4:57 pm
nasher168League LegendUser avatarPosts: 2518Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:34 pmLocation: Derby, UK Gender: Male

He gave Lumbar punctures to children? :shock:
Surely it would be worth considering striking him off for that alone? The fact that it was done for bogus research is even worse.
A great Charity
Apologies for my absence of late.
Tue May 25, 2010 6:23 pm
 [ 5 posts ] 
Return to General Scepticism