Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Goodscienceforyou cures cancer

[ 31 posts ] 
Goodscienceforyou cures cancer
ProlescumWebhamsterUser avatarPosts: 4985Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:41 pmLocation: Peptone-upon-Sores

Post Goodscienceforyou cures cancer

Lol

I haven't been to that forum in a while, thought I'd check up on the ol' gorilla...
if constructive debate is allowed to progress, better ideas will ultimately supplant worse ideas.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred
Mon May 02, 2011 9:21 pm
MRaverzPosts: 1838Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:00 am Gender: Pinecone

Post Re: Goodscienceforyou cures cancer

Oooh cancer. *watches videos*

I attempted to watch this, but his understanding of cancer, evolution and chemotherapy are seriously flawed. It pains me to watch this man speak.
Mon May 02, 2011 10:01 pm
ProlescumWebhamsterUser avatarPosts: 4985Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:41 pmLocation: Peptone-upon-Sores

Well he does believe that chimps are human-gorilla half breeds so...
if constructive debate is allowed to progress, better ideas will ultimately supplant worse ideas.

Mon May 02, 2011 10:13 pm
MRaverzPosts: 1838Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:00 am Gender: Pinecone

Prolescum wrote:Well he does believe that chimps are human-gorilla half breeds so...

Plus, he has been researching this for two years on the INTERNETS.

That's like 15 PhDs worth.
Mon May 02, 2011 11:17 pm

Not to mention the 200,000 papers he's read on evodelusion.

Mon May 02, 2011 11:49 pm
Anachronous RexLeague LegendUser avatarPosts: 2008Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:07 pmLocation: Kansas City, MO Gender: Male

And his IQ of 180, let's not forget that...
Our prefrontal lobes are too small. Much too small. That's a problem of the birth canal, I'm very sorry to say for those that like their birth canals... tight.
-C. Hitchens.
Mon May 02, 2011 11:56 pm

Ahem, 181.

Tue May 03, 2011 12:05 am
Master_Ghost_KnightContributorUser avatarPosts: 2630Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:57 pmLocation: Netherlands Gender: Male

I hate you... I can't take more linking to stupid people. I could have done more productive things with my time like wigle my fingers. Or less intelectually damaging like picking my own brain out and take random stabs to see what happens just for fun. I need to get away from this things... There are a allot of stupid people in the world, I get that, but fuck me if I gona run my life arround that. You can't fix the stupid out of people, I don't believe in miracles. So as long as they are in their dark corner let them be swept under the rug of noone gives damn. (Sorry I'm really exausted today and I have no patience at all and i find this very depressing).
"I have an irrefutable argument for the existence of...." NO, STOP! You are already wrong!
Tue May 03, 2011 12:42 am
borrofburiModeratorPosts: 3508Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:27 pm Gender: Male

Anachronous Rex wrote:And his IQ of 180, let's not forget that...

Wait did you come from the GSFY brigade?
Tue May 03, 2011 1:49 am
kenandkidsUser avatarPosts: 1117Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:00 pm Gender: Pinecone

What a freaking idiot! I just looked through squawk's thread on there... omfsm...

Seriously, what the hell can break through this wall of stupid:

So if you can prove 1/ That this crap is really science, by showing me all of the use of the scientific methods in it. I have never seen the use of the scientific method to test any of the belief, in all the papers on this I have read.
What hypothesis(es) was/were tested by what method to prove any of this magic is real?

What methods of science were used to prove even one premise that would be a good start. I have not see it.

2/The only thing I have seen is an indoctrination into the belief long before the first class in school is taken. And without the pre-belief forced into the student, there is no foundation in any of the evidence that would even come close to the idea of creatures coming from less complex creatures and by some magic as they break all the laws of genetics and "mutate" into a new species with new features and new genus.
Teapublican commandment:
Thou shalt not educate or improve the lives of the lesser classes, the lesser races, or women.

Fiddler on:

http://obnoxi.us/
Tue May 03, 2011 2:04 am
kenandkidsUser avatarPosts: 1117Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:00 pm Gender: Pinecone

Looking through that site I noticed something, many dozens of posts and hundreds of replies all belong to that idiot. It's a vanity site, nothing more. Post after post is nothing more than him replying to himself repeatedly.
Teapublican commandment:
Thou shalt not educate or improve the lives of the lesser classes, the lesser races, or women.

Fiddler on:

http://obnoxi.us/
Tue May 03, 2011 2:12 am

kenandkids wrote:Looking through that site I noticed something, many dozens of posts and hundreds of replies all belong to that idiot. It's a vanity site, nothing more. Post after post is nothing more than him replying to himself repeatedly.

That's because all those who tried to talk to him were eventually banned or left (myself included). I had more than one account... I joined here shortly afterward.

Tue May 03, 2011 2:20 am
nemesissUser avatarPosts: 1259Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:29 pm

Prolescum wrote:Ahem, 181.

but most importantly, he's 62 years old!!!!!

but all joking aside, it was like reading Hovinds thesis
Tue May 03, 2011 8:53 pm
he_who_is_nobodyBloggerUser avatarPosts: 3149Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:36 amLocation: Albuquerque, New Mexico Gender: Male

GoodScienceForYou wrote:The original purpose of my deep study of biology and this archaic idea of "Evolution" was to find a cure for cancer. I did. With my IQ of 181 and the fact that I am not going to be around that much longer at 62 years old, I am probably the only one qualified to find this cure by integrating all of science on this cure.

The Dunning-Kruger is strong in this one. I do not think there is a more textbook case of Dunning-Kruger that I have ever seen.

I spent half a summer arguing with GoodScienceForYou two years ago in the comment section of one of his videos. After he saw that I nominated him for a Golden Crockaduck, he blocked me and deleted our whole conversation from his comment section. That was not that big of a loss, it was basically me asking him to define evolution or to cite sources for his opinions and him refusing to define evolution or making excuses for not having citations for his opinions.
_BONES AND FOSSILS = LOVE_
(_'--------------------'_)
(_.--------------------._)
Tue May 03, 2011 9:00 pm
YIM WWW

he_who_is_nobody wrote:
GoodScienceForYou wrote:The original purpose of my deep study of biology and this archaic idea of "Evolution" was to find a cure for cancer. I did. With my IQ of 181 and the fact that I am not going to be around that much longer at 62 years old, I am probably the only one qualified to find this cure by integrating all of science on this cure.

The Dunning-Kruger is strong in this one. I do not think there is a more textbook case of Dunning-Kruger that I have ever seen.

I spent half a summer arguing with GoodScienceForYou two years ago in the comment section of one of his videos. After he saw that I nominated him for a Golden Crockaduck, he blocked me and deleted our whole conversation from his comment section. That was not that big of a loss, it was basically me asking him to define evolution or to cite sources for his opinions and him refusing to define evolution or making excuses for not having citations for his opinions.

I riled him up something good and proper, to my shame. Page two is fun.

Wed May 04, 2011 12:14 am
australopithecusAdministratorUser avatarPosts: 4262Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:27 pmLocation: Kernow Gender: Time Lord

Part of me wants to invite him here...
Wed May 04, 2011 9:53 am
MemeticemeticLeague LegendPosts: 659Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:33 amLocation: location, location. Gender: Male

australopithecus wrote:Part of me wants to invite him here...

Part of me wants to stick my genitals in an electrical socket. Let's fight those dark, dark parts of ourselves, shall we?
"Do not offer sympathy to the mentally ill. Tell them firmly: I am not paid to listen to this drivel. You are a terminal fool."

~William S. Burroughs
Wed May 04, 2011 11:41 am
australopithecusAdministratorUser avatarPosts: 4262Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:27 pmLocation: Kernow Gender: Time Lord

:lol:
Wed May 04, 2011 11:50 am
Logic-NanakiUser avatarPosts: 98Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:54 pmLocation: Norway Gender: Male

Me too, but then i can allmost predict a 40 or so paged discussion on how he has not been disprooven while he is plugging his ears going lalalala and telling us to give evidence.

wel....he HAS an IQ of 180 and over 40 years of experience...so he says.
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.
-Carl Sagan
Wed May 04, 2011 11:58 am

Memeticemetic wrote:

Part of me wants to stick my genitals in an electrical socket. Let's fight those dark, dark parts of ourselves, shall we?

:lol:

Wed May 04, 2011 1:39 pm
Next
 [ 31 posts ] 
Return to General Scepticism