Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Us!

[ 34 posts ] 
Us!
AndiferousUser avatarPosts: 2727Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:00 amLocation: Laputa Gender: Time Lord

Post Re: Us!

Aught3 wrote:
Andiferous wrote:Incidentally; Aught3, the strangeness is only partly owing to my goofy. You've got to admit, you are another part of it.
Aught3 wrote:Andie and I?
Bad grammar, but I still admitted it :D Incidentally, the voice in my head tells me I'm partially crazy, but the rest of us stopped listening to him.

Grammar is fine. It matters little to me, as I prefer strange and original anyway. It's why I make up so many nonwordigs. ;)
"As there seemed no measure between what Watt could understand, and what he could not, so there seemed none between what he deemed certain, and what he deemed doubtful."
~ Samuel Beckett, Watt
Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:55 am
Aught3ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 4290Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:36 amLocation: New Zealand Gender: Male

Andiferous wrote:Grammar is fine.
Is it, shouldn't it have been "Andie and me?"
Wanderer, there is no path, the path is made by walking.
Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:03 am
AndiferousUser avatarPosts: 2727Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:00 amLocation: Laputa Gender: Time Lord

Aught3 wrote:
Andiferous wrote:Grammar is fine.
Is it, shouldn't it have been "Andie and me?"

I could be totally mistaken, but I think you were correct with "Andie and I"...
"As there seemed no measure between what Watt could understand, and what he could not, so there seemed none between what he deemed certain, and what he deemed doubtful."
~ Samuel Beckett, Watt
Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:05 am
Aught3ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 4290Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:36 amLocation: New Zealand Gender: Male

Andiferous wrote:I could be totally mistaken, but I think you were correct with "Andie and I"...
Well it's a little ambiguous since the sentence is a fragment but I meant something like: "Andie and Aught, on the show?"

"I, on the show?" (not right)
"Me, on the show?" (correct)

So, I think it should be "Andie and me?"

Giliell would know.
Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:09 am

Growl. The sentence was fragmented anyway, why do you care? Except that i have a neat Growl. ;)
~ Samuel Beckett, Watt
Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:13 am
AndromedasWakeAdministratorUser avatarPosts: 598Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:38 pmLocation: Captain's Chair, League HQ Gender: Cake

MUTANY! ...or something.

I want the panels to eventually consist of a mix of community members and guests from the world of skepticism, so make sure you all have good microphones or there'll be hell to pay.

Ideally, some kind of voting system would be perfect, and the format would include a 5-10 minute wrap-up of what's been happening on the forums too.

Perhaps we'll start this with the next show (Nov 7th)?
ImageImage
(( "We are 'star-stuff'. We are a way for the cosmos to know itself." - Carl Sagan | Music! | Twitter - [ AndromedasWake | SiriusStargazer ] ))
Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:29 pm
Gnug215ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 2536Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:31 pm

Aught3 wrote:
Andiferous wrote:I could be totally mistaken, but I think you were correct with "Andie and I"...
Well it's a little ambiguous since the sentence is a fragment but I meant something like: "Andie and Aught, on the show?"

"I, on the show?" (not right)
"Me, on the show?" (correct)

So, I think it should be "Andie and me?"

Giliell would know.

It's fairly easy to figure this stuff out; just throw out the other person.

"Should I (and Aught) be on the show?"
"Who, me (and Aught)?"

The Tetragrammarton strikes again!!
- Gnug215

YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Gnug215

The horse is a ferocious predator.
Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:51 pm

Gnug215 wrote:"Should I (and Aught) be on the show?"
"Who, me (and Aught)?"

Excellent suggestion, Gnuggy!

I shall indeed be on the show with Aught!
~ Samuel Beckett, Watt
Last edited by Gnug215 on Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited for clarification.
Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:02 pm

Andiferous wrote:
Gnug215 wrote:"Should I (and Aught) be on the show?"
"Who, me (and Aught)?"

AndieEdit: Do you really want to get into a post edit competition. :D
~ Samuel Beckett, Watt
Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:04 pm
Gnug215ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 2536Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:31 pm

Andiferous wrote:

Andiferous wrote:AndieEdit: Do you really want to get into a post edit competition. :D

No, you're right. We should stop now. You win.

:)
- Gnug215

YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Gnug215

The horse is a ferocious predator.
Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:06 pm

Gnug215 wrote:No, you're right. We should stop now. You win.

:)

Damn!! How do I reply to that?
~ Samuel Beckett, Watt
Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:25 pm

Well if AW is keen I might be able to do it sometime over the Christmas break?
Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:12 pm
DepricatedZeroChat ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 1326Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 11:43 amLocation: Cincinnati, OH Gender: Pinecone

AndromedasWake wrote:MUTANY! ...or something.

I want the panels to eventually consist of a mix of community members and guests from the world of skepticism, so make sure you all have good microphones or there'll be hell to pay.

Ideally, some kind of voting system would be perfect, and the format would include a 5-10 minute wrap-up of what's been happening on the forums too.

Perhaps we'll start this with the next show (Nov 7th)?

That would be pretty cool.

I know there's a poll system already, perhaps Spork could conjure something up using that to vote on panelists on the front page? Just a thought, of course.
Why does my life have to be so small
And death is forever
And does forever have a life to call its own?
Don't give me an answer cause you only know
As much as I know
Unless you've been there once
And I hardly think so

Green Day - One of My Lies
Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:52 am
ImprobableJoeLime TordUser avatarPosts: 6195Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:24 pm

I just realized, as I was checking my mail, that I have not received my Charlie Bucket Golden Ticket to The Show.

I'm sure that was just an oversight, and I will not be forced to... well... ummm... type aggressively towards anyone. 8-)
Come visit my blog! There will be punch and pie!
Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:10 pm
Previous
 [ 34 posts ] 
Return to The Show