where else can you find us?

The League of Reason still has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Us!

[ 34 posts ] 
Us!
DepricatedZeroChat ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 1319Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 11:43 amLocation: Cincinnati, OH Gender: Pinecone

Post Us!

So I was watching some of Shredder's shit on yt the other day and this thought occurred to me: the people on the show don't seem to represent the forum at all. Now while I've barely been here a half year, I like to think of myself as a new member. I'm no one special, and don't really have any interest in going on, but I think it would be cool to get some of the forum or chat regulars on from time to time. I'd love to see(hear) Spork or Squawk on :D or AndroidAR or ImprobableJoe. If they were interested. That's just off the top of my head.

Not that I have anything against the way it's going now, just, would be cool to hear from our regulars too!
Why does my life have to be so small
And death is forever
And does forever have a life to call its own?
Don't give me an answer cause you only know
As much as I know
Unless you've been there once
And I hardly think so

Green Day - One of My Lies
Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:17 am
lrkunUser avatarPosts: 3831Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:37 pmLocation: R. Gender: Tree

Post Re: Us!

Cool, why not? I'd like to hear you guys speak your mind and do your thing.
Unsupport unthink.
Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:20 am
AndiferousUser avatarPosts: 2727Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:00 amLocation: Laputa Gender: Time Lord

I'm completely up with this. Last night I bothered to look at numerous youtube videos mentioning the League of Reason, and not one mentioned the website from which the name originated. Unfortunately, I think a lot of forum types are different natured than youtube types (like myself) and might feel more comfortable in text than in speech/video. I think it would be fun to have Sporky, but I doubt he'd do it. So, who would? Really, I am curious.
"As there seemed no measure between what Watt could understand, and what he could not, so there seemed none between what he deemed certain, and what he deemed doubtful."
~ Samuel Beckett, Watt
Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:54 pm
Aught3ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 4290Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:36 amLocation: New Zealand Gender: Male

Maybe on the weeks AW can't line up some interesting guests he could make do with us :D

Depends on what the topic is really.
Wanderer, there is no path, the path is made by walking.
Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:55 pm
AndiferousUser avatarPosts: 2727Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:00 amLocation: Laputa Gender: Time Lord

Aught3 wrote:Maybe on the weeks AW can't line up some interesting guests he could make do with us :D

Depends on what the topic is really.

Oh! We're so much more interesting than Youtube! :D
"As there seemed no measure between what Watt could understand, and what he could not, so there seemed none between what he deemed certain, and what he deemed doubtful."
~ Samuel Beckett, Watt
Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:53 am
WarKChat ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 1150Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:59 am Gender: Tree

So, who should join Andie and Aught3 on the panel? :)
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:10 am
SquawkModeratorUser avatarPosts: 2011Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:25 pm Gender: Tree

I too stoopid, nubody wants to hear me
Pope Rat: "Exclusion of God, religion and virtue from public life leads ultimately to a truncated vision of man and of society and thus a reductive vision of a person and his destiny."

Squawk response: "O Rly?"
Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:13 am
ProlescumWebhamsterUser avatarPosts: 4980Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:41 pmLocation: Peptone-upon-Sores

:|
if constructive debate is allowed to progress, better ideas will ultimately supplant worse ideas.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred
Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:26 am
TheFlyingBastardUser avatarPosts: 787Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:17 am Gender: Male

WarK wrote:So, who should join Andie and Aught3 on the panel? :)

The biggest asshole on the forums: ImprobableJoe. I love that guy.
Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:28 am

Me? What? :lol:

Improbable Joe would be fun on the panel.
~ Samuel Beckett, Watt
Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:32 pm
Aught3ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 4290Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:36 amLocation: New Zealand Gender: Male

Andie and I? Judging from our chat conversations that would be a very...strange show. Actually I would have trouble making the time slot, the show starts at 8 am Monday for me and I have work to do. I can listen tomorrow though because it is a public holiday!
Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:58 pm
ImprobableJoeLime TordUser avatarPosts: 6195Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:24 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Come visit my blog! There will be punch and pie!
Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:04 pm

Oh, and BTW...

I'm in, if someone can help me figure out the logistics.
Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:50 pm

Hmmm, PZ Myers or iJoe? Decisions, decisions...
Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:31 am

Aught3 wrote:Hmmm, PZ Myers or iJoe? Decisions, decisions...

Sounds like a natural transition to me.
Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:56 am

ImprobableJoe wrote:Oh, and BTW...

I'm in, if someone can help me figure out the logistics.

I'd totally tune in to hear Joe... ;)
~ Samuel Beckett, Watt
Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:54 am

Andiferous wrote:

I'd totally tune in to hear Joe... ;)

Yeah, me too!
Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:58 am

Reasons #1-100 that I wish I was VenomFangX or some other creationist cunt:

At this point I could solicit donations for my online ministry to pay for my broadcasting equipment. As it currently stands, I'll be listening to the conversation through $13 ear buds, and talking through an XBox 360 Rock Band USB microphone.

Seriously. No shit. I know just enough about recording that I may build a pop filter out of a thin T-shirt and a coat hanger. Otherwise, this will be straight ghetto.

Or send donations to... I guess I should set up a PayPal account under the name "too pathetic to spend $200" ?
Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:10 am

:lol: joe, I've no idea what you're talking about, but i hope Mr. Wake notices this thread. Because I do think you'd be a fascinating guest. ;)

If we must raise funds, I suspect this can be accomplished...

Incidentally; Aught3, the strangeness is only partly owing to my goofy. You've got to admit, you are another part of it. The other part is due to the fact that I've got positively nowhere to discuss my studies and fascinations, and have had to resort to leaving clues in increments here and there and tend to make myself incomprehensible at times.
~ Samuel Beckett, Watt
Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:18 am

Andiferous wrote:Incidentally; Aught3, the strangeness is only partly owing to my goofy. You've got to admit, you are another part of it.
Aught3 wrote:Andie and I?
Bad grammar, but I still admitted it :D Incidentally, the voice in my head tells me I'm partially crazy, but the rest of us stopped listening to him.
Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:50 am
Next
 [ 34 posts ] 
Return to The Show