Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Skype call for brainstorming ideas

[ 25 posts ] 
Skype call for brainstorming ideas
nasher168League LegendUser avatarPosts: 2518Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:34 pmLocation: Derby, UK Gender: Male

Post Skype call for brainstorming ideas

In order to move things along and increase the momentum of the project, I proposed a Skype call in the other thread for live brainstorming and setting down more concrete ideas about how we want the show to be run, who wants to be hosts, technical issues etc.

To avoid having the organisation of this Skype call get in the way of other discussion, I have created this thread and temporarily stickied it. Please use it for the sharing of Skype names (if you are okay with yours being public), confirming your attendance, dropping out after all and suggesting alternative times.

So far, I have suggested that holding a call at 21:00 GMT next Sunday (the 30th) would be a good idea. A few have agreed, but Inferno and Noth have said this may be inconvenient for them. If this is the case for others, make yourselves known and perhaps we could shuffle the time around a bit to fit more people in.

Ideally, this should involve the most people possible in order to get the most democratic view of things.
A great Charity
Apologies for my absence of late.
Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:17 pm
ProlescumWebhamsterUser avatarPosts: 5002Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:41 pmLocation: Peptone-upon-Sores

Post Re: **Sticky** Skype call for brainstorming ideas

I can't do that time today (not even BST), unless you still mean next Sunday... ;)
if constructive debate is allowed to progress, better ideas will ultimately supplant worse ideas.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred
Last edited by Prolescum on Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:19 pm
InfernoContributorUser avatarPosts: 2298Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:36 pmLocation: Vienna, Austria Gender: Cake

Don't get me wrong btw, I can make Sunday 2100, but it wouldn't be as nice as 1900. ;)
Basically, I'm a prick. :P
"Sometimes people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed." ― Friedrich Nietzsche

"I shall achieve my objectives through the power... of Science!" --LessWrong
Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:20 pm
nasher168League LegendUser avatarPosts: 2518Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:34 pmLocation: Derby, UK Gender: Male

Prolescum wrote:I can't do that time today (not even BST), unless you still mean next Sunday... ;)

Bah, fixed :P
A great Charity
Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:29 pm
ImprobableJoeLime TordUser avatarPosts: 6195Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:24 pm

As an Alcoholic-American, as long as it isn't before 10 AM EST I'm good.
Come visit my blog! There will be punch and pie!
Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:36 pm
australopithecusAdministratorUser avatarPosts: 4287Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:27 pmLocation: Kernow Gender: Time Lord

Good for me.

Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:35 pm

I need a fancy microphone, right? And studio-quality headphones? And a new sound card for my PC? And a soundproofed studio inside my office?
Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:48 pm
NothPodcasterUser avatarPosts: 335Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:25 pmLocation: the Nether-regions Gender: Male

ImprobableJoe wrote:I need a fancy microphone, right? And studio-quality headphones? And a new sound card for my PC? And a soundproofed studio inside my office?

Yes, Joe. Yes you do. :twisted: ;)
Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:03 pm

Noth wrote:
Yes, Joe. Yes you do. :twisted: ;)

Well, everyone knows my motto: there are no problems, only opportunities... opportunities to buy overpriced gadgets to solve the problems. That's why I carry a $250 pocketknife. :)
Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:06 pm
NothPodcasterUser avatarPosts: 335Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:25 pmLocation: the Nether-regions Gender: Male

I might be able to pop in this Sunday evening after all, but it depends on what time my guests leave, so probably it won't be GMT 21:00 sharp, but I'll do my best :)
Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:17 pm

Yay :) , well if you can, just tell me via Skype and I would be able to add you into the call if it's still going on at whatever time you can drop in.

Could those wishing to participate please either add me on Skype (tom_nash1) or send me a PM with their Skype name at some point before Sunday?
A great Charity
Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:29 pm

I am, of course, ImprobableJoe. :lol:
Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:24 pm

Found and added :)
A great Charity
Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:16 am
theyounghistorian77ContributorUser avatarPosts: 726Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:43 amLocation: United Kingdom Gender: Male

9pm? well i might be able to chip in then :P
"Politics is weird, and creepy, and now I know lacks even the loosest attachment to anything like reality." - Shep Smith
Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:25 pm

Awesomez. PM or post your Skype name or add me (tom_nash1).

Right, so far the following people have expressed interest in joining in with this call:

Australopithecus
Inferno
Noth
ImprobableJoe
theyounghistorian
DepricatedZero

Possibly Prolescum(?), not specifically said but possibly implied interest.

If I've missed anyone out, mistakenly said they're in, you need to drop out after all or you want to be included, please say so.

I've got everyone except ImprobableJoe (sent an invite though, Joe) andtheyounghistorian added on Skype.

I'll start a conference call on Skype at around 9 PM GMT tomorrow. People in the UK (and possibly continentals), remember that your clocks go back an hour tonight. If you're not online when I call you, I can add you in later on if you message me.

I've no idea how long it will last... I've got things to put to people, things that should come out as concrete plans by the end of the call, but I'm not going to be a killjoy if the conversation is fun. Conversely, if people are pressed for time, then we could speed things along for your sakes.

Oh and if you have headphones, it would probably be best to use them. :) Echo can be annoying enough in a 2-person conversation, so I dread to think what would happen if 7 or 8 people were all echoing each other, to say nothing of feedback. D:
A great Charity
Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:18 pm

I thought I accepted your invite nasher...
Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:28 pm

Oh, so you had. I was looking at the wrong person. (Just boosting trust in my competence at hosting this, y'know :lol: )
A great Charity
Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:40 pm

nasher168 wrote:Oh, so you had. I was looking at the wrong person. (Just boosting trust in my competence at hosting this, y'know :lol: )

Yeah, and between that and the general level of enthusiasm around here, it is obvious that we're headed for big things.
Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:58 pm

I sincerely wonder how many people actually visit this part of the forums. There are sub-forums and sections on the boards that I don't frequent, or sometimes never visit at all, so it might just be that most people don't know about the threads :)
Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:08 am

Noth wrote:I sincerely wonder how many people actually visit this part of the forums. There are sub-forums and sections on the boards that I don't frequent, or sometimes never visit at all, so it might just be that most people don't know about the threads :)

I think a lot of us just go to "active topics" so we see everything that people are talking about this week.
Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:09 am
Next
 [ 25 posts ] 
Return to The Show