Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

What came of the fun-filled Skype call

[ 38 posts ] 
What came of the fun-filled Skype call
ProlescumWebhamsterUser avatarPosts: 4994Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:41 pmLocation: Peptone-upon-Sores

Post Re: What came of the fun-filled Skype call

If need be, I can probably set up a temporary forum on my server.
if constructive debate is allowed to progress, better ideas will ultimately supplant worse ideas.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred
Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:00 am
nasher168League LegendUser avatarPosts: 2518Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:34 pmLocation: Derby, UK Gender: Male

There is also the option of just setting up a PM thread including everyone who expresses interest (which I'll ask everyone properly in a new thread once either the new subforum is up or we decide to use something else) in being directly involved in actual organisation (as opposed to the more open-ended discussion that has occurred so far).

I've mentioned this vaguely to Prolescum already, but this is what I think our basic timetable should be:

By the 26th November: Establish everyone who wants to be a major part of this. Set up all methods of distribution that will be used. Work out a fairly detailed script for how the show will go (this part will perhaps incorporate public discussion).

By the 4th December: Have some (most?) of the show recorded. Release promotional teaser video (or similar) on LeagueOfReasonTV YouTube channel.

By the 11th December: Have the entire show recorded.

On the 17th of December (a Saturday, so as to avoid competition with the MSS): Release the finished product on BlogTV, followed by a release on other formats like YouTube, Miro, iTunes, simple file hosting sites etc in the hours following initial release.
A great Charity
Apologies for my absence of late.
Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:23 am
ProlescumWebhamsterUser avatarPosts: 4994Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:41 pmLocation: Peptone-upon-Sores

nasher168 wrote:There is also the option of just setting up a PM thread including everyone who expresses interest (which I'll ask everyone properly in a new thread once either the new subforum is up or we decide to use something else) in being directly involved in actual organisation (as opposed to the more open-ended discussion that has occurred so far).

It might not be the same for moderators, but as far as I'm aware, we can only send PMs to two people at a time (including CC), which would make the the endeavour something of a pain... :|
if constructive debate is allowed to progress, better ideas will ultimately supplant worse ideas.

Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:11 pm
nasher168League LegendUser avatarPosts: 2518Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:34 pmLocation: Derby, UK Gender: Male

I can certainly send PMs to many people at once...

Isn't there a "Send to........... Usernames" text box followed by "Add [BCC]" and "Add [To]" buttons for you?

Failing that, though, an external forum or board or whatever isn't a bad idea. I get the impression that your Adult Dave server is a fairly stable place, unless Inferno has a better idea?
A great Charity
Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:41 pm

There are those, yeah, but we're limited to two people. When I did that music thing, it was a pain to consult with the judges. Obviously, they didn't have much to do...

I can stick a forum on my server in the morning, no problem. Even if it's temporary, it'll help get it rolling. Unless Inferno would like to do it.

I'm easy. :)

Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:22 pm

Prolescum wrote:I'm easy. :)

I bet you are.

But yes, if you would do that, then I'll make a serious "call to arms" in a new thread tomorrow (possibly temporarily stickied in General Discussion if there are no objections).
A great Charity
Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:37 pm

Okay. I hope I'm not stepping on Inferno's toes :D

I'll post a link on the morrow.

Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:37 am
InfernoContributorUser avatarPosts: 2298Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:36 pmLocation: Vienna, Austria Gender: Cake

Prolescum wrote:I hope I'm not stepping on Inferno's toes :D

Ouch, me blasted toes!

Oh sorry, are you looking at me? I just came home drunk and stubbed em on the table. ;)

If anything goes wrong, I can whip something up in no time at all. If I don't see a reply to this within 16 hours, I'll put up my own lil forum.
"Sometimes people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed." ― Friedrich Nietzsche

"I shall achieve my objectives through the power... of Science!" --LessWrong
Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:46 am

I'm on it. :)

Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:30 am

Okies, here is the link. I'm still working on design bits, but it's completely functional as far as I can tell :)

Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:21 am
InfernoContributorUser avatarPosts: 2298Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:36 pmLocation: Vienna, Austria Gender: Cake

You, sir... :)

Registered.
"Sometimes people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed." ― Friedrich Nietzsche

"I shall achieve my objectives through the power... of Science!" --LessWrong
Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:42 am

Me, sir? :D

Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:51 am
theyounghistorian77ContributorUser avatarPosts: 726Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:43 amLocation: United Kingdom Gender: Male

Well i've registered now Prolescum :)
"Politics is weird, and creepy, and now I know lacks even the loosest attachment to anything like reality." - Shep Smith
Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:52 pm

Nice. I've posted up a couple of talking points :)

Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:13 pm
NothPodcasterUser avatarPosts: 335Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:25 pmLocation: the Nether-regions Gender: Male

I am on your board, expanding my cookies!
Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:34 pm
DepricatedZeroChat ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 1319Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 11:43 amLocation: Cincinnati, OH Gender: Pinecone

Can I be in the cool kids club?

As offered before, I'll be happy to help in any way I can. I missed the Skype call due to personal issues you all likely don't care to hear about.
Why does my life have to be so small
And death is forever
And does forever have a life to call its own?
Don't give me an answer cause you only know
As much as I know
Unless you've been there once
And I hardly think so

Green Day - One of My Lies
Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:17 am

Certainly :)

http://theleague.adultdave.co.uk/

Create an account and someone will let you in ASAP... everyone's a mod in the forum, so someone will let you be able to see the hidden stuff by promoting you to moderator status.
A great Charity
Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:15 am

I've let you and YourFunnyUncle through... tell me if I've done it correctly; I think I have, but I'm not quite sure.
A great Charity
Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:46 pm
Previous
 [ 38 posts ] 
Return to The Show