Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Topics for episode 5

[ 23 posts ] 
Topics for episode 5
ProlescumWebhamsterUser avatarPosts: 4985Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:41 pmLocation: Peptone-upon-Sores

Post Topics for episode 5

As the coal begins to burn on producing episode 4, the focus of this thread is possible topics for episode 5.

As always, all thoughts are welcome and no topic or suggestion will go unconsidered.

Also, if you'd like to get involved with the show, send a PM with your ideas, contributions or suggestions (whatever's on your mind) to either me or one of the other production peeps.
You can still post your thoughts on episode 4 in the link above.

Good hunting!
if constructive debate is allowed to progress, better ideas will ultimately supplant worse ideas.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred
Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:24 pm
ImprobableJoeLime TordUser avatarPosts: 6195Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:24 pm

Post Re: Topics for episode 5

Beer?
Come visit my blog! There will be punch and pie!
Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:17 pm
ProlescumWebhamsterUser avatarPosts: 4985Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:41 pmLocation: Peptone-upon-Sores

if constructive debate is allowed to progress, better ideas will ultimately supplant worse ideas.

Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:21 pm

Oh... feminism?
Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:23 pm

Difficult topic to penetrate.

I'll get my coat.

No I won't, it's a gag based upon unnecessary sexualisation when discussing male/female issues, and preconceptions one might have as a chap (for I am a bloke) when confronted with a subject that is often sidelined as a "we'll get to it if and when" and is somewhat uncomfortable to address directly.

I like it. The topic, not the gag. Well, the gag's okay, I suppose.

Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:44 pm

See, this is why I dropped out of participation... I've got a face made for radio, a voice best suited for silent movies, and all my ideas suck.
Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:47 pm

Prolescum wrote:I like it.

Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:49 pm
Nom_de_PlumeUser avatarPosts: 247Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:36 pmLocation: Western Canada Gender: Female

Prolescum wrote:Difficult to penetrate.
creative editing for comedic purposes only

Ya know they make pills for that hey?
The supreme irony of life is that no one gets out of it alive.
~Robert A Heinlein
Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:15 pm
CosmicJoghurtPodcasterUser avatarPosts: 808Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:59 pm Gender: Pinecone

I'd like us to do a show on alternative medicine.
Perception of reality results in interpretation of reality which results in a deformation of reality.
Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:51 pm
NothPodcasterUser avatarPosts: 335Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:25 pmLocation: the Nether-regions Gender: Male

Ooh, and then link to Tim Minchin's Storm sketch :D Which is f'ing brilliant :)

"Do you know what they call alternative medicine that's been proved to work?

Medicine"
Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:20 pm
InfernoContributorUser avatarPosts: 2298Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:36 pmLocation: Vienna, Austria Gender: Cake

Noth wrote:Ooh, and then link to Tim Minchin's Storm sketch :D Which is f'ing brilliant :)

Medicine"

He got that part from Dara O'Briain.
"Sometimes people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed." ― Friedrich Nietzsche

"I shall achieve my objectives through the power... of Science!" --LessWrong
Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:00 pm
CEbbesenPosts: 224Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:46 amLocation: Seoul, South Korea. Gender: Male

CosmicJoghurt wrote:I'd like us to do a show on alternative medicine.

I second that!
Nvidia, Fuck you!
- Linus Torvalds
Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:14 pm
Nom_de_PlumeUser avatarPosts: 247Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:36 pmLocation: Western Canada Gender: Female

what about this part?
You show me that it works and how it works
And when I've recovered from the shock
I will take a compass and carve Fancy That on the side of my cock

that's my favourite part
The supreme irony of life is that no one gets out of it alive.
~Robert A Heinlein
Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:15 pm
CosmicJoghurtPodcasterUser avatarPosts: 808Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:59 pm Gender: Pinecone

Noth wrote:Ooh, and then link to Tim Minchin's Storm sketch :D Which is f'ing brilliant :)

Medicine"

I much prefer the Mitchell and Webb Look sketch on homeopathy though :)
Perception of reality results in interpretation of reality which results in a deformation of reality.
Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:40 pm
australopithecusAdministratorUser avatarPosts: 4235Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:27 pmLocation: Kernow Gender: Time Lord

Also, the whole anti-vax bullshit agenda. Or, anything Nicoan ever posted. Ever.
Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:34 am
FrengerBloggerUser avatarPosts: 831Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:50 pmLocation: Derby, UK Gender: Male

australopithecus wrote:Also, the whole anti-vax bullshit agenda. Or, anything Nicoan ever posted. Ever.

Sounds cool. We can (by we I mean whoever records it) can talk about Russell Blaylock and other nut cases.

http://www.skepdic.com/blaylock.html
Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:31 pm
NothPodcasterUser avatarPosts: 335Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:25 pmLocation: the Nether-regions Gender: Male

CosmicJoghurt wrote:I much prefer the Mitchell and Webb Look sketch on homeopathy though :)

Love that one as well xD
Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:50 pm
DeanBlog EditorUser avatarPosts: 593Joined: Sun May 22, 2011 1:49 pmLocation: United Kingdom Gender: Pinecone

Noth wrote:
CosmicJoghurt wrote:I much prefer the Mitchell and Webb Look sketch on homeopathy though :)

Love that one as well xD

I love those guys. They have an amazing ability to be critical, as well as being very funny. They are funny because they are truthful.

Since everybody will soon be frantically mentally-masturbating about the FA Cup soon, and talking about how "WE" beat "YOU", even though "you" didn't actually beat anyone, i felt it apt to present this video, because Mitchell explain the stupidity of this far more than I can hope to. . .

~~L.N

“You ask ‘Is there any Florida?’ I’m inclined to answer ‘No.’ There is no Florida, there’s only this, this England, which nauseates my soul.” – DH Lawrence

انقلابی
About Us
Sat May 05, 2012 5:22 pm
australopithecusAdministratorUser avatarPosts: 4235Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:27 pmLocation: Kernow Gender: Time Lord

Chelsea v Liverpool: Whoever wins, the concept of sport loses.
Sat May 05, 2012 7:06 pm

Bumping this thread for the much appreciated discussion to continue.
Fri May 25, 2012 8:40 pm
Next
 [ 23 posts ] 
Return to The Show