Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Odd request for assistance

[ 5 posts ] 
Odd request for assistance
Aught3ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 4290Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:36 amLocation: New Zealand Gender: Male

Post Odd request for assistance

Michel de Montaigne was a French renaissance sceptic who I've recently come across and am finding fascinating. He had a slogan: "Que scais-je?" (what do I know) struck onto a medal. I want to see a picture of it but I can't find it anywhere, except cafe press which has a crappy rendering. Ideally I'd like to print off a nice version of it.

It must exist somewhere...

Best I could do so far:
Wanderer, there is no path, the path is made by walking.
Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:40 am
nophunUser avatarPosts: 63Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 5:23 am Gender: Male

Post Re: Odd request for assistance

TinEye only comes up with a really bad one.

http://phun.ca/Picture%206.png
Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:54 am
kenandkidsUser avatarPosts: 1117Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:00 pm Gender: Pinecone

One of my absolute favourite writers. To the best of my knowledge that is the only rendered print. I've seen some good re-creations though...
Teapublican commandment:
Thou shalt not educate or improve the lives of the lesser classes, the lesser races, or women.

Fiddler on:

http://obnoxi.us/
Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:56 am
AurorumUser avatarPosts: 6Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:32 am

Aught3 wrote:...

One of my favorite quotes: "I aim here only at revealing myself, who will perhaps be different tomorrow, if I learn something new which changes me. I have no authority to be believed, nor do I want it, feeling myself too ill-instructed to instruct others." , Montaigne.
"If you have learned how to disagree without being disagreeable, then you have discovered the secret of getting along - [in] business, family, or life itself." — Meltzer.
Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:53 pm
scalyblueUser avatarPosts: 1417Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:02 am

我が力 我が身となりて
共に滅びの道を歩まん
神々の魂すらも打ち砕き
Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:41 am
 [ 5 posts ] 
Return to Art, Culture & History