Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

The Walking Dead.

[ 30 posts ] 
The Walking Dead.
KrazyskooterUser avatarPosts: 143Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:04 pmLocation: Seminary, MS Gender: Male

Post The Walking Dead.

Does anyone out there agree that a t.v. show featuring a zombie apocalypse is long overdue? This one's actually pretty good.
Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:10 am
Duvelthehobbit666User avatarPosts: 1136Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:39 pmLocation: On a pale blue dot Gender: Male

Post Re: The Walking Dead.

Krazyskooter wrote:Does anyone out there agree that a t.v. show featuring a zombie apocalypse is long overdue? This one's actually pretty good.

Which one?

"Beer, the cause of - and solution to - all of lifes problems" Homer Simpson

I have a blog now
Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:14 am
Your Funny UncleUser avatarPosts: 556Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 11:38 amLocation: UK Gender: Male

Duvelthehobbit666 wrote:Which one?

Google says this one. Personally I've never seen the attraction in zombie apocalypse scenarios, but I'm sure there's a huge market for it.
“I don't believe in an afterlife, so I don't have to spend my whole life fearing hell, or fearing heaven even more. For whatever the tortures of hell, I think the boredom of heaven would be even worse.” - Isaac Asimov
Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:31 am
quantumfireball2099User avatarPosts: 155Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:52 pm Gender: Cake

Krazyskooter wrote:Does anyone out there agree that a t.v. show featuring a zombie apocalypse is long overdue? This one's actually pretty good.

Yes, long overdue considering the Zombie Apolocolypse crazy. Great show too, but I am surprised one of the larger networks such as ABC or NBC didn't pick the idea up sooner.
Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:03 pm
KrazyskooterUser avatarPosts: 143Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:04 pmLocation: Seminary, MS Gender: Male

quantumfireball2099 wrote:

Yes, long overdue considering the Zombie Apolocolypse crazy. Great show too, but I am surprised one of the larger networks such as ABC or NBC didn't pick the idea up sooner.

It's got a lot of blood and gore in it, I don't think either of those channels could air it without a lot of editing.
Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:02 pm
quantumfireball2099User avatarPosts: 155Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:52 pm Gender: Cake

Krazyskooter wrote:It's got a lot of blood and gore in it, I don't think either of those channels could air it without a lot of editing.

True, but it is in a late time slot. Either way it's still on basic cable, but I get what you're saying.
Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:14 pm

I wonder why women are attracted to the whole vampire scenario, while most men are attracted to surviving a zombie apocalypse?
Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:40 pm
lrkunUser avatarPosts: 3831Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:37 pmLocation: R. Gender: Tree

Krazyskooter wrote:I wonder why women are attracted to the whole vampire scenario, while most men are attracted to surviving a zombie apocalypse?

I'm not saying that you're a virgin or anything, but girls like to be kissed in the nape or in the side of the neck.
Unsupport unthink.
Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:42 pm

lrkun wrote:
Krazyskooter wrote:I wonder why women are attracted to the whole vampire scenario, while most men are attracted to surviving a zombie apocalypse?

I'm not saying that you're a virgin or anything, but girls like to be kissed in the nape or in the side of the neck.

There's a big difference between kissing a girl on the neck, ripping her throat out.
Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:49 pm
lrkunUser avatarPosts: 3831Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:37 pmLocation: R. Gender: Tree

Krazyskooter wrote:There's a big difference between kissing a girl on the neck, ripping her throat out.

True, but it doesn't need to be as literal as it seems.
Unsupport unthink.
Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:50 pm
ImprobableJoeUser avatarPosts: 6195Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:24 pm

True, but it is in a late time slot. Either way it's still on basic cable, but I get what you're saying.

Last episode actually used the phrase "up shit creek", and had some sexy stuffs at the begining so it isn't just the violence and blood.

Plus, I think AMC has a better reputation for quality television than the broadcast networks and even other basic cable channels. If I was a creator looking for a home for my creation in a different medium, I'd avoid the hell out of ABC or especially FOX.
Come visit my blog! There will be punch and pie!
Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:59 pm

ImprobableJoe wrote:

Last episode actually used the phrase "up shit creek", and had some sexy stuffs at the begining so it isn't just the violence and blood.

Plus, I think AMC has a better reputation for quality television than the broadcast networks and even other basic cable channels. If I was a creator looking for a home for my creation in a different medium, I'd avoid the hell out of ABC or especially FOX.

HAHA is it bad that I didn't notice they said that? Though I heard there were issues with the sex scene in the beginning, and it possibly getting pulled from the air, but I don't see that happeneing.
Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:20 pm

Oh, and did anyone else notice how ridiculously sexist the whole show is?
Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:31 pm

ImprobableJoe wrote:Oh, and did anyone else notice how ridiculously sexist the whole show is?

What? Not enough female zombies? I didn't really notice.
Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:32 pm

quantumfireball2099 wrote:What? Not enough female zombies? I didn't really notice.

Really? The opening scene of the whole show is a conversation about how women are too stupid to turn off lights, and cruel as well. Plus... spoiler alert!!!

Then in the second episode, a few weeks into the apocalypse, and the blonde woman doesn't know where the safety is on the gun she's carrying. I find it hard to believe that a woman could be that dumb, but the show accepts it as a given.
Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:37 pm
Anachronous RexLeague LegendUser avatarPosts: 2008Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:07 pmLocation: Kansas City, MO Gender: Male

From what I hear, it's almost a direct copy of the comic it is based on.

I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing.
Our prefrontal lobes are too small. Much too small. That's a problem of the birth canal, I'm very sorry to say for those that like their birth canals... tight.
-C. Hitchens.
Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:40 pm

Anachronous Rex wrote:From what I hear, it's almost a direct copy of the comic it is based on.

I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing.

Depends on whether you read comics or not.
Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:26 pm

ImprobableJoe wrote: Then in the second episode, a few weeks into the apocalypse, and the blonde woman doesn't know where the safety is on the gun she's carrying. I find it hard to believe that a woman could be that dumb, but the show accepts it as a given.

SPOILER

Also, my wife would have NO idea where the safety on a pistol would be, and she would probably only know of the term because her father took her shooting every once in a while when she was really young.

Also about the comment about his wife being too stupid to turn off the lights, I don't think he was implying that she was dumb, but maybe just careless, or ditzy? Maybe I'm not remembering the conversation correctly.
Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:59 pm
Your Funny UncleUser avatarPosts: 556Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 11:38 amLocation: UK Gender: Male

Are you calling me a girl? ;) Actually I'm not interested in vampires much either... Horror doesn't do much for me as a genre. I prefer full on sci-fi or fantasy.
“I don't believe in an afterlife, so I don't have to spend my whole life fearing hell, or fearing heaven even more. For whatever the tortures of hell, I think the boredom of heaven would be even worse.” - Isaac Asimov
Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:19 pm

Your Funny Uncle wrote:

Are you calling me a girl? ;) Actually I'm not interested in vampires much either... Horror doesn't do much for me as a genre. I prefer full on sci-fi or fantasy.

I don't think of Zombie infestation as horror, more like an episode of Man vs Wild with zombies.
Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:56 pm
Next
 [ 30 posts ] 
Return to Art, Culture & History