Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

"Cosmos" Music

[ 6 posts ] 
"Cosmos" Music
LallapalalableUser avatarPosts: 1205Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:35 pmLocation: That place between childhood and adulthood Gender: Male

Post "Cosmos" Music

Ive had the one orchestral score in my head for a few hours now, and Im curious:
Is there anywhere I can find the songs from the series in their entirety, and not just the clips they use in the show? Ive seen a few videos on YT, but they have, like, 30 second clips of each song.

Any help at all would be appreciated, I seem to feel that if I dont hear it Im going to die :cry:
"I'm not stupid, I just have a command of thoroughly useless information." Watterson
Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:28 am
nasher168League LegendUser avatarPosts: 2518Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:34 pmLocation: Derby, UK Gender: Male

Post Re: "Cosmos" Music

This video has all of them together, one after the other:

A great Charity
Apologies for my absence of late.
Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:08 pm
LallapalalableUser avatarPosts: 1205Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:35 pmLocation: That place between childhood and adulthood Gender: Male

AWESOME Thank you!
Incidentally, there were a few other scores that stuck out to me. Know what classical music he used? I want to say Mozart...

Went (maybe) something like this:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---o|^-------------o|^-------------o|^-------------------------------------------------------------------------
...................................................................................................o|^..............o|^................o|^
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..................o|^^...............o|^^
--------o|^^------------o|^^----------------------o|^^---------------------------o|^^----------o|^^----------
...............................................................o|^^........o|^^.......o|^^.......o|^^.............o|^^
------------------------------------------o|^^----------------o|^^---------------------------------------------- etc.
(notes arent exact, but the rythm and general melody are close enough)
Edit: the periods are there b/c the spaces didnt come out right in compose vs submit
"I'm not stupid, I just have a command of thoroughly useless information." Watterson
Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:40 pm
nasher168League LegendUser avatarPosts: 2518Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:34 pmLocation: Derby, UK Gender: Male

There is too much music to link videos to each and every one of them, but this page lists every song used in the series. If you do youtube searches, you're sure to find it sooner or later. Happy hunting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmos:_A_Personal_Voyage#Music_of_Cosmos
A great Charity
Apologies for my absence of late.
Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:58 pm

first one I clicked on!
thanks again nasher
Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:11 pm
JohnRPosts: 13Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:30 amLocation: Indiana, United States Gender: Male

Lallapalalable wrote:AWESOME Thank you!
Incidentally, there were a few other scores that stuck out to me. Know what classical music he used? I want to say Mozart...

Went (maybe) something like this:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---o|^-------------o|^-------------o|^-------------------------------------------------------------------------
...................................................................................................o|^..............o|^................o|^
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..................o|^^...............o|^^
--------o|^^------------o|^^----------------------o|^^---------------------------o|^^----------o|^^----------
...............................................................o|^^........o|^^.......o|^^.......o|^^.............o|^^
------------------------------------------o|^^----------------o|^^---------------------------------------------- etc.
(notes arent exact, but the rythm and general melody are close enough)
Edit: the periods are there b/c the spaces didnt come out right in compose vs submit

I've never seen it written like that before, but it sounds to me like some simple major scale arpeggios. Have you tried picking it out on the piano yet?
Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:09 pm
 [ 6 posts ] 
Return to Music