Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Creed (mostly, though, Mark Tremonti)

[ 7 posts ] 
Creed (mostly, though, Mark Tremonti)
LallapalalableUser avatarPosts: 1205Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:35 pmLocation: That place between childhood and adulthood Gender: Male

Post Creed (mostly, though, Mark Tremonti)

I actually liked Creed during their hayday. Of course, I was 9-13, so I didnt really listen to the lyrics that much. But the instrumentals were awesome, namely the guitar, played by one Mr Mark Tremonti. Scott Stapp does have a nice voice, but hes just a self richeous ass, which I believe was what turned many off of the band. Anyway, from "My Own Prison", the song "One" is a great example of Tremonti's earlier work (was he in anything else before Creed?); upbeat, subdivided, and more than just three or four power chords (which I am convinced is the limit of musical knowlege held by many popular guitarists from that era and into now). In fact, after the dispersal of Creed and the formation of Alter Bridge, I was so happy for music I actually got wood. And the new guy's voice is close enough to Stapp's without all the jesus crap that its pretty much Creed 2.0.
"I'm not stupid, I just have a command of thoroughly useless information." Watterson
Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:13 am
Gnug215ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 2684Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:31 pm

Post Re: Creed (mostly, though, Mark Tremonti)

I liked Creed, too. There were some good melodies and riffs, and I never even caught on to the lyrics. I didn't know they were Christian or anything. (For some reason, lyrics tend to fly straight over my head most of the time.)
- Gnug215

YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Gnug215

The horse is a ferocious predator.
Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:50 am
KrazyskooterUser avatarPosts: 143Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:04 pmLocation: Seminary, MS Gender: Male

You mean "Can you take me higher?" wasn't about drugs? Holy Shit. lol
Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:34 pm
LallapalalableUser avatarPosts: 1205Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:35 pmLocation: That place between childhood and adulthood Gender: Male

yeah, there was a lot of christian influence, especially in human clay. I actually did make a small connection at one point, but I wrote it off as just a coincidnence (DENIAAAALLLLL)
"I'm not stupid, I just have a command of thoroughly useless information." Watterson
Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:47 pm
IBSpifyUser avatarPosts: 463Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:06 am Gender: Pinecone

Creed is to my knowledge the only band ever to perform so badly at a concert that their fans attempted to sue them to get their money back. Apparently Stapp was so wasted that he couldn't sing a single song, and would wonder of the stage for long periods of time and at one point appeared to pass out on stage.
Contrary to popular belief, full-immersion holographic sex will not destroy society.

Full-immersion holographic sex achievement points will destroy society
Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:05 pm
AdmiralPeacockUser avatarPosts: 453Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:31 pmLocation: Australia Gender: Time Lord

Hated them before I knew they were a christian band.
Hated them after I knew they were a christian band.

Having practically grown up in Pentecostal church I was subjected to the whole spectrum of "modern" xtian music. I guess when Creed came on the scene I had developed something of a crapda - that allowed me to instinctively recognize and loathe "modern" xtian music. (loathed POD too)
"Attention all competitors, this is your ONE minute warning. I repeat ONE minute until race commencement.
Members of the public you now have ONE minute to reach minimum safe distance. "
Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:38 am

Dude, I stared at your signature for sooo long. Thats awesome.
Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:05 am
 [ 7 posts ] 
Return to Music