Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Game Music

[ 33 posts ] 
Game Music
nasher168League LegendUser avatarPosts: 2518Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:34 pmLocation: Derby, UK Gender: Male

Post Game Music

As the budget (and technology) for games increases, the quality of the music in them has improved. From the simplistic tunes in Pokemon and Tetris back in the '80s and '90s, we now have games with full, sweeping orchestral soundtracks, often easily the rivals of any big-budget film.
Anyway, getting to the goddamn point... Post any game soundtracks you consider good/catchy/epicly-mega-awesome.
I shall begin:

Similar to the Halo Reach one. Play from 3:23:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3GGp3-PHBU

(Only really begins after about 1:20.)
A great Charity
Apologies for my absence of late.
Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:32 pm
televatorUser avatarPosts: 1252Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:02 amLocation: In hell, rocking out with Satan! Gender: Cake

Post Re: Game Music

I love the stuff in SotC, Silent Hill, and the Katamari games. I'll post them later or someone can feel free to beat me to it.
a·the·ism: The absence of belief in god(s)

There are no additional, claims, laws, commandments, rules, doctrines, presuppositions, stand alone ideologies, dogmas, and/or faith based beliefs required by or inevitably derived from atheism.
Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:36 pm
RigelKentaurusAUser avatarPosts: 372Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:24 am Gender: Male

I'm rather partial to RA3's opening theme, despite never having played the game...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBiBlB-OwCY
Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:44 am
DepricatedZeroChat ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 1319Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 11:43 amLocation: Cincinnati, OH Gender: Pinecone

This has to be the greatest video game theme ever

And of course, the game that convinced me to buy a Playstation

And the end sequence for Final Fantasy 8
Why does my life have to be so small
And death is forever
And does forever have a life to call its own?
Don't give me an answer cause you only know
As much as I know
Unless you've been there once
And I hardly think so

Green Day - One of My Lies
Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:57 am
AdmiralPeacockUser avatarPosts: 453Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:31 pmLocation: Australia Gender: Time Lord

"Attention all competitors, this is your ONE minute warning. I repeat ONE minute until race commencement.
Members of the public you now have ONE minute to reach minimum safe distance. "

"Attention all competitors, this is your ONE minute warning. I repeat ONE minute until race commencement.
Members of the public you now have ONE minute to reach minimum safe distance. "
Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:11 am
ProlescumWebhamsterUser avatarPosts: 4994Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:41 pmLocation: Peptone-upon-Sores

I like quite a lot of game music, especially when located in the tribute section of youtube...

Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker by some guy

Super Mario Galaxy by some hilarious dude

Because it's there... Epic history

if constructive debate is allowed to progress, better ideas will ultimately supplant worse ideas.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred
Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:37 pm
MRaverzPosts: 1838Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:00 am Gender: Pinecone

Oh DragonAge, how I love thee.
Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:08 pm
MokyUser avatarPosts: 175Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:41 am Gender: Female

Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:11 pm
MineMineMineUser avatarPosts: 130Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:39 pm Gender: Pinecone

"I feel almost as powerful as an exposed nipple."
- P.Z. Myers
Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:05 pm
UnwardilUser avatarPosts: 814Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:32 am Gender: Male

My current favorite

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_1U7L_uDA4

For the bit that starts around 1:12. There's a custom map called Starbattle where you control a really big ass capital ship, It's absolutely perfect for charging around killing things in slow motion.

All time favorite though...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5FR_i-EbDc

So many wasted childhood afternoons...
Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:20 pm
MineMineMineUser avatarPosts: 130Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:39 pm Gender: Pinecone

Unwardil wrote:

All time favorite though...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5FR_i-EbDc

So many wasted childhood afternoons...

secret of mana simply is awesome
"I feel almost as powerful as an exposed nipple."
- P.Z. Myers
Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:36 pm
Your Funny UncleUser avatarPosts: 556Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 11:38 amLocation: UK Gender: Male

nasher168 wrote:

MineMineMine wrote:

Absolute classics. Both the games and the themes.
“I don't believe in an afterlife, so I don't have to spend my whole life fearing hell, or fearing heaven even more. For whatever the tortures of hell, I think the boredom of heaven would be even worse.” - Isaac Asimov
Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:28 am

I missed these

^^^^ Picks up around 0:50

As everyone can probably tell... I LOVE the Mass Effect series.
Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:34 am
Your Funny UncleUser avatarPosts: 556Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 11:38 amLocation: UK Gender: Male

Talking of Mass Effect, and not strictly on topic as it wasn't made specifically for the game, but I love the song that plays during the credits...

“I don't believe in an afterlife, so I don't have to spend my whole life fearing hell, or fearing heaven even more. For whatever the tortures of hell, I think the boredom of heaven would be even worse.” - Isaac Asimov
Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:45 am
televatorUser avatarPosts: 1252Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:02 amLocation: In hell, rocking out with Satan! Gender: Cake

^^I really liked that song too.

The best! Just absolutely the best! This game stirs up a flood of visceral emotion, when I think about it.

Here's some from the Silent Hill 3:

There are no additional, claims, laws, commandments, rules, doctrines, presuppositions, stand alone ideologies, dogmas, and/or faith based beliefs required by or inevitably derived from atheism.
Last edited by televator on Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:29 am, edited 8 times in total.
Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:34 am
scalyblueUser avatarPosts: 1417Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:02 am

(or anything from 虫姫さまふたり )

(at least the first four bars of it, which is all you will ever hear)
我が力 我が身となりて
共に滅びの道を歩まん
神々の魂すらも打ち砕き
Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:05 am

Katamari!!!!!!!!! Bitches!!!!!! :lol:

Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:53 am

Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:30 am
DepricatedZeroChat ModeratorUser avatarPosts: 1319Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 11:43 amLocation: Cincinnati, OH Gender: Pinecone

VVVVVV is one of the greatest indie games I've ever played, and it's soundtrack is incredible. My favorite from the soundtrack
Why does my life have to be so small
And death is forever
And does forever have a life to call its own?
Don't give me an answer cause you only know
As much as I know
Unless you've been there once
And I hardly think so

Green Day - One of My Lies
Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:02 am

http://soundcloud.com/nettwerkmusicgrou ... gon-age-2/

"Qunari on the Rise" sounds suitably epic...

Edit:

And...
Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:29 pm
Next
 [ 33 posts ] 
Return to Music