Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Help identifying a song!

[ 14 posts ] 
Help identifying a song!
Logic-NanakiUser avatarPosts: 98Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:54 pmLocation: Norway Gender: Male

Post Help identifying a song!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xR3ZsWxebOI

i'm having difficulties trying to identify this song. so when technology dont work, i turn to the masses. please help!

oh, and if this is way off topic, i will let the mods delete it or move it.
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.
-Carl Sagan
Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:13 pm
Duvelthehobbit666User avatarPosts: 1136Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:39 pmLocation: On a pale blue dot Gender: Male

Post Re: Help identifying a song!

Do you have a smart phone with internet? You can download music recognition software for free. But it might not work perfectly.

"Beer, the cause of - and solution to - all of lifes problems" Homer Simpson

I have a blog now
Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:16 pm
Logic-NanakiUser avatarPosts: 98Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:54 pmLocation: Norway Gender: Male

indeed, i have tried that. it made one hit..and i dont really think sax-jazz is the right sound..or even the lyrichs matched.
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.
-Carl Sagan
Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:22 pm
Duvelthehobbit666User avatarPosts: 1136Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:39 pmLocation: On a pale blue dot Gender: Male

Then I can sadly not help you. I also have no idea what song it is.

"Beer, the cause of - and solution to - all of lifes problems" Homer Simpson

I have a blog now
Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:27 pm
PulsarUser avatarPosts: 872Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:52 pmLocation: Belgium

Found it: the song is called Triggerfinger, from the Norwegian band Stonegard. They sound like a Metallica tribute band...

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. - Robert McCloskey

Science doesn’t know everything … religion doesn’t know ANYTHING.
Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:54 pm
NelsonUser avatarPosts: 183Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:52 pmLocation: British Columbia Gender: Male

Step 1: Find a lyric you can clearly hear from the song. In this case, I picked out:

"there's always something to get me down"

Step 2: Google that lyric in quotations + the word "lyrics"

Step 3: ?????

Step 4: Profit:

Artist: Stonegard Song: Triggerfinger
I have approximate answers, and possible beliefs, and different degrees of certainty about different things, but I’m not absolutely sure of anything, and there are many things I don’t know anything about. - Richard Feynman -
Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:56 pm

Thank you for the help guys. so yeah, i really tried to listen to the song, but i usually dont listen to the lyrichs as the melody gets in my way.
awesome work. thou shalt get thy payment....sometime 8-)
-Carl Sagan
Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:35 pm
PulsarUser avatarPosts: 872Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:52 pmLocation: Belgium

Logic-Nanaki wrote:I really tried to listen to the song, but i usually dont listen to the lyrichs as the melody gets in my way.

There was a melody? :lol:
I will eagerly await my one million internet dollars.
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. - Robert McCloskey

Science doesn’t know everything … religion doesn’t know ANYTHING.
Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:43 pm

Pulsar wrote:
Logic-Nanaki wrote:I really tried to listen to the song, but i usually dont listen to the lyrichs as the melody gets in my way.

There was a melody? :lol:
I will eagerly await my one million internet dollars.

i seriously heard the text sounding like a voice of an 90 year old guy in the tone of "the young'ns don't know what music is nowadays" :lol:

but yeah *gives Pulsar the net sum of ONE TRILLION DOLLARS (evil pinky at mouth)*
-Carl Sagan
Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:58 pm
LallapalalableUser avatarPosts: 1205Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:35 pmLocation: That place between childhood and adulthood Gender: Male

You do know the uploader listed the song and artist? Most usually do, and it never hurts to check ;)
"I'm not stupid, I just have a command of thoroughly useless information." Watterson
Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:02 pm

Lallapalalable wrote:You do know the uploader listed the song and artist? Most usually do, and it never hurts to check ;)

I was the uploader of that particular movie that I did not make myself. but my previous navy squadron did and included the song on it.
-Carl Sagan
Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:17 am
LallapalalableUser avatarPosts: 1205Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:35 pmLocation: That place between childhood and adulthood Gender: Male

:oops: sorry, if the names arent identical I assume they are different people
"I'm not stupid, I just have a command of thoroughly useless information." Watterson
Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:12 pm
whatsinitformePosts: 21Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:02 am

I hate when I can't find the right name to a song I love!
Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:19 am
BearculesUser avatarPosts: 47Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 2:20 amLocation: Minnesota, USA Gender: Male

whatsinitforme wrote:I hate when I can't find the right name to a song I love!

Image ;)
Shameless self promotion. And again.
Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:25 pm
 [ 14 posts ] 
Return to Music