Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Death metal

[ 12 posts ] 
Death metal
tshred666Posts: 22Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:25 am Gender: Pinecone

Post Death metal

What is your opinion on Death metal?
I am God I taste of blood
In the grip of a bitter loss
Divine thing that should not be
The God that never was
Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:59 am
BrainBlowUser avatarPosts: 370Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:16 pmLocation: Norway Gender: Male

Post Re: Death metal

Awesome for the most part. All musical genres have their bad bands though.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:36 pm
Duvelthehobbit666User avatarPosts: 1136Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:39 pmLocation: On a pale blue dot Gender: Male

Its not the all time greatest but I'll listen to it.

"Beer, the cause of - and solution to - all of lifes problems" Homer Simpson

I have a blog now
Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:43 am
ProlescumWebhamsterUser avatarPosts: 4994Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:41 pmLocation: Peptone-upon-Sores

My experience is intentionally limited.
if constructive debate is allowed to progress, better ideas will ultimately supplant worse ideas.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred
Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:47 am
RigelKentaurusAUser avatarPosts: 372Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:24 am Gender: Male

Prolescum wrote:My experience is intentionally limited.

Likewise.
Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:14 am
ShaedysUser avatarPosts: 343Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:15 pm Gender: Cake

I like other metal more most of the time.
Mostly, I'm just not into screamo.
Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:49 am
MRaverzPosts: 1838Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:00 am Gender: Pinecone

Death metal is something you need to be in the right mood for, and should only be played through headphones. :)
Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:24 pm

The God that never was
Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:25 am
SleepyNickPosts: 14Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:41 pm Gender: Male

tshred666 wrote:What is your opinion on Death metal?

i think its pretty awesome, especially when the band has good lyrics lol
SleepyNick
Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:58 pm
malicious_blokeUser avatarPosts: 305Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:12 pmLocation: Proper Westcountry Gender: Male

Happy bouncy violence :)

[sarcasm ][/sarcasm ]

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it
Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:24 pm
JohnRPosts: 13Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:30 amLocation: Indiana, United States Gender: Male

Greetings! I'm new to the forums. I enjoy reading all about science and religion, but I think I'll start right here. There are all kinds of different metal subcategories. When I hear death metal, I immediately think of some of the classics ie. Amon Amarth, Cannibal Corpse, Behemoth, Obituary, Meshuggah etc. For any musicians out there, I'm sure if you're into death metal you would notice that everything is set on the low end. The growls, the guitars tuned down 2 whole steps, and the start of using insane double bass pedals and maybe even a few blast beats here and there, and all around technicality. Personally, I have to be in the right mood for the old school death metal. I like when the band goes into more highs and maybe melodic at some points. If you are into the genre, check out Thy Art Is Murder and Suicide Silence and you will know what I mean when I say "technicality". Thanks!
Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:46 pm

JohnR wrote:Greetings! I'm new to the forums. I enjoy reading all about science and religion, but I think I'll start right here. There are all kinds of different metal subcategories. When I hear death metal, I immediately think of some of the classics ie. Amon Amarth, Cannibal Corpse, Behemoth, Obituary, Meshuggah etc. For any musicians out there, I'm sure if you're into death metal you would notice that everything is set on the low end. The growls, the guitars tuned down 2 whole steps, and the start of using insane double bass pedals and maybe even a few blast beats here and there, and all around technicality. Personally, I have to be in the right mood for the old school death metal. I like when the band goes into more highs and maybe melodic at some points. If you are into the genre, check out Thy Art Is Murder and Suicide Silence and you will know what I mean when I say "technicality". Thanks!

TAIM and SS are deathcore, but semantics aside they're great bands. And I don't get why people think that Meshuggah is death metal. Nothing about their sound is anywhere even close to all the indicators of what I'd consider death metal. The drumming is more in line with what you hear in groove metal and post metal;the vocals have a definitive hardcore flavor as opposed to a metal flavor; and the riff work, like the drumming, is a Pantera-Neurosis hybrid on steroids.
The God that never was
Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:03 am
 [ 12 posts ] 
Return to Music