Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

I'm With You

[ 1 post ] 
I'm With You
LallapalalableUser avatarPosts: 1205Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:35 pmLocation: That place between childhood and adulthood Gender: Male

Post I'm With You

I just heard the new Red Hot Chili Peppers single a few weeks ago, and I'm still having mixed feelings.

For one, new guitarist. From what I heard in the single (The Adventures of Raindance Maggie) he has the same kind of 'feel' as John Frusciante, but I cant make a good comparison until the album is on my mp3 player. Ive also been cranking Stadium Arcadium for a month or so in preparation for the new release (I actually heard the new song right after playing all the way through the album on a road trip), and I may have set my expectations a little high. I absolutely loved Frusciante's work in SA (he sounds like FIRE!), so the excitement ebbed a bit when I heard if the changeup.

On the other hand, the RHCP always, imo, release their worst songs as singles, so, again, cant really make an assessment until I have the whole album.

Anyone else stoked? I know they're either a love it or hate it kind of band, but Im of the former so my patience is being tested for a few more weeks.
"I'm not stupid, I just have a command of thoroughly useless information." Watterson
Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:47 pm
 [ 1 post ] 
Return to Music