Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

2 Tech Questions

[ 8 posts ] 
2 Tech Questions
ThePuppyTurtleUser avatarPosts: 173Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:26 am Gender: Tree

Post 2 Tech Questions

1: How Does League of reason's Blogtv show Connect Blogtv and Skype? I cannot find any Tutorials on this and I feel like i'm asking if the Sky is blue, But please, How do you guys get a Skype chat to show on Blogtv?

2: RESOLVED
Last edited by ThePuppyTurtle on Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:15 am
scalyblueUser avatarPosts: 1417Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:02 am

Post Re: 2 Tech Questions

ThePuppyTurtle wrote:1: How Does League of reason's Blogtv show Connect Blogtv and Skype? I cannot find any Tutorials on this and I feel like i'm asking if the Sky is blue, But please, How do you guys get a Skype chat to show on Blogtv?

http://tinyurl.com/3s2dbxp

ThePuppyTurtle wrote:2: What is the Forum Provider this forum Is Based off of? Is it free? Can you link me to it?

我が力 我が身となりて
共に滅びの道を歩まん
神々の魂すらも打ち砕き
Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:24 am
ThePuppyTurtleUser avatarPosts: 173Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:26 am Gender: Tree

scalyblue wrote:
ThePuppyTurtle wrote:1: How Does League of reason's Blogtv show Connect Blogtv and Skype? I cannot find any Tutorials on this and I feel like i'm asking if the Sky is blue, But please, How do you guys get a Skype chat to show on Blogtv?

http://tinyurl.com/3s2dbxp

ThePuppyTurtle wrote:2: What is the Forum Provider this forum Is Based off of? Is it free? Can you link me to it?

I tried the Google search, it didn't turn up anything.
Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:36 am
borrofburiModeratorPosts: 3508Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:27 pm Gender: Male

"Powered by phpBB ,© phpBB Group."
Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:56 am
Duvelthehobbit666User avatarPosts: 1136Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:39 pmLocation: On a pale blue dot Gender: Male

I thought they used manycam, or another software which can make a webcam out of your desktop and cut it so the skype window appears as the webcam. Then they use a mike to steam the sound. I think that is what they do.

"Beer, the cause of - and solution to - all of lifes problems" Homer Simpson

I have a blog now
Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:37 pm
Master_Ghost_KnightContributorUser avatarPosts: 2630Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:57 pmLocation: Netherlands Gender: Male

1. The league of reason no longer has a show.
2. To stream the sound I think they use the audio mixing function on your sound card (i.e. that allows to combine system sound with mic), unfortunatly not all hardwear has one (those bastards). To stream the video they use manycam, its a piece of software that acts as a virtual device, it allows you to show your desktop or a portion of it, stream videos, add effects and iterfaces with the computer just like a real camera (only it isn't). What you generaly see on screen at the MagicSandwich show is how it happears on the skype call.
"I have an irrefutable argument for the existence of...." NO, STOP! You are already wrong!
Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:53 pm
aeritanoLeague LegendUser avatarPosts: 137Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:50 amLocation: San Francisco, CA Gender: Pinecone

i thought they used CamStudio (basically does the same thing as manycam)

Camstudio is apparently more stable then many. the Webinar team at UCSF uses Camstudio to host their webinars over the web.
A gay militant atheist...
At war with the everyday world...

Little Lord Peter, missing his litter,
While Herky plays in the Red.
Down came the Glitches, that burned us in ditches,
As we slept after eating our dead.
Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:55 pm
Duvelthehobbit666User avatarPosts: 1136Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:39 pmLocation: On a pale blue dot Gender: Male

Master_Ghost_Knight wrote:1. The league of reason no longer has a show.
2. To stream the sound I think they use the audio mixing function on your sound card (i.e. that allows to combine system sound with mic), unfortunatly not all hardwear has one (those bastards). To stream the video they use manycam, its a piece of software that acts as a virtual device, it allows you to show your desktop or a portion of it, stream videos, add effects and iterfaces with the computer just like a real camera (only it isn't). What you generaly see on screen at the MagicSandwich show is how it happears on the skype call.

I thought they used a mike because I heard them talk about moving the mike further away from the speakers of someone.

"Beer, the cause of - and solution to - all of lifes problems" Homer Simpson

I have a blog now
Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:57 pm
 [ 8 posts ] 
Return to Developers' Corner