Elsewhere on the internet...

The League of Reason has some social media accounts! You can find us on Facebook or on Twitter for some interesting links and things.

Ubuntu/windows help

[ 3 posts ] 
Ubuntu/windows help
Duvelthehobbit666User avatarPosts: 1136Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:39 pmLocation: On a pale blue dot Gender: Male

Post Ubuntu/windows help

I need a bit of help. On a computer I wanted to install ubuntu 11.04. The computer already had ubuntu installed but a previous version. It froze often so that I could not update it the regular way. I downloaded 11.04 and burned it on a DVD. I deleted through windows the partitions where ubuntu was on but now windows does not start. I get the grub 22 error which I discovered means that the grub bootloader is still installed. I don't have the disk of the original install and I am trying to either delete the grub bootloader or delete the partition but it is not working. Any advice? It would help a lot.

"Beer, the cause of - and solution to - all of lifes problems" Homer Simpson

I have a blog now
Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:55 pm
Duvelthehobbit666User avatarPosts: 1136Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:39 pmLocation: On a pale blue dot Gender: Male

Post Re: Ubuntu/windows help

Never mind. I found a way to fix the problem.

"Beer, the cause of - and solution to - all of lifes problems" Homer Simpson

I have a blog now
Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:58 pm
ProlescumWebhamsterUser avatarPosts: 5001Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:41 pmLocation: Peptone-upon-Sores

Post Re: Ubuntu/windows help

You need to... oh.
if constructive debate is allowed to progress, better ideas will ultimately supplant worse ideas.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred
Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:36 pm
 [ 3 posts ] 
Return to Developers' Corner